The loss of a loved one can have a drastic impact on those who are left behind and who need to adjust to life without the companionship and resources provided by the deceased. The Rockford wrongful death attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC can help your family recover fair compensation for those losses if your loved one died due to someone else’s actions and to resolve any disputes regarding how benefits should be distributed among the family members left behind so that you can finally begin to move forward with your life without wondering how you are going to make ends meet without your loved one’s financial contributions.
Accidents among Top Causes of Death in the United States
According to the National Safety Council, Americans under the age of 42 are more likely to die from an accident than any other cause of death. Of all age groups, accidents are still among the top five causes of death. When irresponsible behavior contributes to an accident, it is reasonable to expect the person or company responsible to be held accountable. Some examples of accidents that may result from negligence include medical malpractice, car accidents, drowning, fires, prescription errors, choking and poisoning.
If we can show that your loved one’s death was due to the negligence of others, we may be able to also help you recover the compensation you need to replace his or her income, to cover the cost of a funeral and to cover the value of the pain and suffering your loved one, you and your family have needed to endure. Depending on the circumstances of the accident, you may be able to file a claim against an employer, business or individual found responsible for your loved one’s death. In some cases, multiple parties may be liable.
Types of Rockford Wrongful Death Claims
If you have lost a loved one in any form of accident, it is worth looking into the case to determine whether you have a claim. Following are some examples of claims we may be able to recover compensation for on your behalf.
- Fatal injuries caused by car or truck wrecks involving distracted or reckless drivers.
- Motorcycle accidents, including those where a passenger was killed due to the actions of another motorist or the person controlling the bike.
- Poisoning due to hazardous materials such as lead, corrosive chemicals or toxic compounds.
- Pedestrian accidents involving distracted, drunk or reckless drivers.
- Medical negligence that leads to fatal injuries.
- Product liability claims resulting from defective devices or machinery.
- Vicious dog bites that lead to the death of the victim.
- Nursing home neglect or abuse.
- Workplace injuries while on job sites such as excavation or construction sites.
- Electrocution, explosions or fires.
You should always investigate if a loved one has been killed in an accident so that you can understand exactly why he or she was killed and whether another person or company contributed. If you can prove negligence, you might be able to recoup the potential wages your loved one would have brought home over a lifetime, the cost of funeral services and more.
Determining Who Should File Your Rockford Wrongful Death Claim
Whether there is confusion over who has the legal right to bring a lawsuit or a disagreement over who has the right to certain benefits, it may not always be easy to determine who is best suited to file the lawsuit on behalf of the deceased. The spouse would be the logical answer in most cases, but if the victim was not married, this could defer to the parents, children or siblings of the victim.
There are rare occasions where family members may disagree on legal strategies or how the benefits recovered should be split among the family. When this is the case, it is important to know your rights and have someone on your side who is qualified to protect your interests and rights. Since wrongful death claims are valued based both on economic factors and emotional or mental anguish and the victim’s pain and suffering, it could be possible to recover a considerable amount of damages, meaning that there would be plenty available for everyone’s needs.
The Settlement of Disputes over Benefits Following a Wrongful Death Settlement
If there is an extended battle over how compensation should be distributed to family members after a judgement or settlement, the presiding judge will make the final decision regarding how the benefits will be distributed after a special hearing. Our Rockford wrongful death lawyers can help you negotiate before this becomes a necessity and to protect your interests if it needs to go this far.
Review Your Rockford Wrongful Death Claim for Free with a Proficient Lawyer
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC is a leading law firm in Illinois and has helped thousands of families secure the compensation they needed to make ends meet after the loss of a loved one. If your loved one was killed in an accident that could have been prevented, we would like the opportunity to help you.
Contact us today so that we can connect you with an award winning Rockford wrongful death attorney who will review your case in depth and let you know more about your legal options. We work solely on contingency, so you are guaranteed we will never charge you upfront for our services and will only accept payment once we have secured compensation on your behalf. We look forward to serving your needs.
For additional information see the following pages:
- Aurora Wrongful Death Attorneys Assisting Families With Lawsuits
- Champaign Wrongful Death Attorneys Assisting Families With Lawsuits
- Elgin Wrongful Death Attorneys Assisting Families With Lawsuits
- Evanston Wrongful Death Attorneys Assisting Families With Lawsuits
- Joliet Wrongful Death Attorneys Assisting Families With Lawsuits
- Naperville Wrongful Death Attorneys Assisting Families With Lawsuits
- Peoria Wrongful Death Attorneys Assisting Families With Lawsuits
- Springfield Wrongful Death Attorneys Assisting Families With Lawsuits
- Waukegan Wrongful Death Attorneys Assisting Families With Lawsuits
- Wrongful Death Lawsuit FAQs