Injuries from medical errors are rising in America. The Centers for Disease Control estimates that over 250,000 patients die annually due to preventable hospital mistakes nationwide.
John Hopkins Medicine estimates that medical errors injure more than eight million people annually, and many patients who suffer from a medical mistake never fully recover. In addition, this data reveals that families often face steep hospital bills for treatment and care after an injury has occurred.
Were you or someone you love injured by your doctor’s negligence? You need an experienced medical malpractice attorney who will fight for justice. At Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers, LLC, our Rockford personal injury attorneys are legal advocates for medical malpractice victims to protect their rights and ensure they receive compensation for medical-related costs.
Our medical malpractice lawyers have decades of experience representing injury victims harmed by medical mistakes. Call us today at (888) 424-5757 (toll-free phone call) or use the contact form to schedule a free consultation.
The Legal Need for Rockford Medical Malpractice Lawyers
While doctors never intend to cause their patients harm, they are still required to compensate when their mistakes result in complications or bodily injury. Policies at medical care facilities may also contribute to or be the direct cause of medical negligence. The best way to promote change is to hold these professionals and facilities accountable.
Many patients who have been injured don’t come forward for advice and legal representation. These injured patients can talk to a Rockford medical malpractice lawyer to better understand their rights and chances of maximum compensation in a medical malpractice case.
The Illinois medical malpractice attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers, LLC represent clients harmed due to medical errors, negligent care, and reckless behavior of the physicians who had a duty to heal.
Contact the Northern Illinois medical malpractice injury lawyers at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers, LLC. We offer free consultations to review your medical malpractice case and can give you legal counsel regarding your rights. We can provide a professional and experienced representation of your medical malpractice lawsuit.
What Is Medical Malpractice Or Medical Negligence?
According to our medical malpractice lawyers and the Illinois State Bar Association , an injury sustained by negligent or reckless behavior by doctors and other healthcare professionals while treating a patient legally constitutes medical malpractice.
A medical malpractice case can result from medical issues such as a failed surgery, misdiagnosis, failure to procure informed consent, prescription error, or neglect from a caregiver that leads to the death of a patient.
For a party to be considered negligent, they must have breached their duty to act in the “reasonable” professional standard of care. It means that your medical malpractice attorney must prove that healthcare professionals treated you differently than they would have treated another patient and that you sustained harm.
If you believe you have sustained an injury through medical malpractice, our Rockford lawyers can assist you with filing a medical malpractice lawsuit.
Medical Malpractice Statistics For Winnebago County
Statistical data reveals that most medical malpractice cases in Rockford, IL, often involve failure to diagnose and surgical errors. According to the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation , 5,288 medical malpractice lawsuits were filed in a county comprising just over 147,000 residents.
Many of these cases involved the negligent actions and medical errors of hospitals and doctors who routinely treat patients in cases filed throughout the year.
The attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers, LLC, offer residents residing in Winnebago County legal representation when seeking maximum compensation for their injuries and medical bills in a medical malpractice lawsuit.
Contact Our Rockford Medical Malpractice Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident or suffered an injury due to medical malpractice, do not hesitate to contact the Rockford medical malpractice lawyers at our law office at (888) 424-5757 for a free case consultation.
Our trial lawyers handle all medical malpractice cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning you’ll never have to pay a penny out of pocket for our services.
How to Determine Whether Your Illinois Medical Professional Acted Carelessly
It is becoming more common for hospitals serving impoverished patients to cut corners when it is believed the patient cannot pay for their treatment, even in Rockford.
Yet, every facility owes its patients a duty to provide medical care, regardless of their financial status. Emergency room patients deserve to be treated quickly and adequately. Medical negligence can be ignoring necessary safety protocols or steps in a patient’s treatment.
Some common scenarios involving a victim of medical malpractice include –
- Medical professionals’ failure to provide care: Irresponsive care in time to those suffering from high-risk or life-threatening injuries could result in medical negligence. In addition, long waiting periods can exacerbate the severity of injuries. Triage must prioritize patients to treat those with the most severe concerns first.
- Improper diagnosis of a medical condition: Failure to accurately assess an injury is more critical in the medical field, and professionals must accurately evaluate the patient’s condition the first time. Failure to accurately diagnose or identify an injury will make providing the correct future care more difficult and expensive.
- Defective medical devices: Manufacturers of medical implants and surgical devices do not always take adequate measures to ensure their products are safe before marketing them. As a result, the manufacturer can be held accountable when a defective instrument or implanted device causes an injury or medical complication.
- Unsanitary environments: Hospital infections are becoming increasingly common among patients who have undergone a surgical procedure or whose injuries include open wounds. One of the causes of hospital infections is the spread of drug-resistant bacteria due to poor sanitation practices.
- Medication errors: Doctors must be aware of any possible drug interactions and potential complications when prescribing medicines. Additionally, nurses may administer the wrong medications or excessive doses, which can cause severe reactions. In a basic medical malpractice case, a simple mistake can claim the patient’s life.
- Products liability: The doctor, surgeon, or other health care provider might have been negligent using a defective medical device or product that led to the patient’s injuries or death.
Patients expect doctors to provide adequate medical care and do not deserve to suffer medical negligence or medical error. Our Rockford medical malpractice lawyers offer victims personalized and aggressive representation in their malpractice lawsuits.
Medical Malpractice And Wrongful Death
Medical error is the third leading cause of death in the United States, with 440 000 preventable deaths yearly. At times, the negligence by the nursing staff, medical team, or hospital is so appalling that it leads to a preventable death, such as performing an unnecessary treatment or leaving surgical instruments inside the patient after a procedure.
According to statistics, there are 2.5 million people hospitalized annually in the United States. Yet, preventable medical mistakes kill an estimated 100,000 patients. A fatal medical error occurs in one out of 25 hospitalized patients.
The decedent’s estate or surviving family members can file a wrongful death lawsuit seeking financial compensation for damages. Typically, these damages include –
- Hospitalization costs and medical bills
- Lost weekly wages and future lost earnings
- Funeral & burial expenses
- Loss of companionship and consortium
- Loss of familial support and guidance
- Punitive damages
The medical professional or caregiver can be sued for negligence if they fail to provide medical care. Filing avoidable death claims is not dependent on criminal charges but is based on civil litigation.
Contact Rockford medical malpractice lawyers for a free case review of your medical malpractice claim.
Hiring a Rockford Medical Malpractice Lawyer
The north central Illinois medical malpractice injury attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers, LLC have successfully recovered damages with medical malpractice claims on behalf of thousands of clients. As a result, we can maximize your financial recovery so that you do not need to incur the cost of revisionary treatments, lost wages, or out-of-pocket expenses.
Contact our Rockford, IL, medical malpractice lawyers today to arrange a free consultation so that we can review your legal rights and options and evaluate your personal injury case.
Our personal injury legal team has extensive experience and has helped clients recover millions of dollars in medical malpractice claims.
If we cannot recover compensation on your behalf through your medical malpractice case, our services will be free of charge.
Call our personal injury lawyers at (888) 424-5757 or use the contact form for legal advice on filing a medical malpractice lawsuit, covering medical expenses, attorney profiles, additional office locations, and a free case evaluation.
All confidential or sensitive information you share with a Rockford medical malpractice lawyer from our firm remains private through an attorney-client relationship.