Rockford Pedestrian Accidents Attorneys
The Rockford pedestrian accident attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC are committed to the needs of anyone who was struck by a negligent driver while using the street in a lawful manner. We understand just how tragic these accidents can be and the life changing injuries that often result. It is for this reason that we do everything in our power to maximize the value of our clients’ claims so that they have the compensation they need both now and in the future to cover the medical expenses, lost wages and other out of pocket expenses they will incur over the course of their lives.Establishing Fault is Important When You’ve Been Injured in a Rockford Pedestrian Accident
The most important aspect of any personal injury case is proving that the defendant is at fault, and therefore liable for the injuries the plaintiff has suffered. There are a number of ways that we can collect evidence which can be used to build a solid case on your behalf. Here are some of those methods.
- We can gain access to police reports that offer evidence, witness statements and accounts of the scene from the responding officers. These reports are also valuable due to the information they provide on the witnesses themselves. We can contact the witnesses to see if they remember anything they hadn’t previously and can determine how to go about our investigation by looking at conflicting accounts.
- Access to video evidence will provide irrefutable evidence to support your case, which is why we will request video from traffic cameras and closed circuit security cameras in the area of your accident. When witnesses are offering differing testimony, this can settle the dispute.
- Acquiring phone records to call into question whether the driver was distracted. Texting and talking on the phone is illegal, but it is also a factor in a large number of accidents. As technology continues to advance, we are finding it to be a distraction to more people behind the wheel.
- Gaining access to 911 calls. Like the video evidence, these calls can help us construct the accident again and determine which witnesses are providing the most accurate testimony.
- Sending accident reconstruction specialists to the scene. The evidence that our team can recover would allow them to determine things such as whether the brakes were applied before the collision, if the driver was speeding at the time of impact and whether any other efforts were made to avoid the accident.
- Constructing a three dimensional reenactment of the accident for the jury to view. This can make it much easier for the jurors to understand the course of events that led to your catastrophic injuries.
Once we’ve proven the driver is liable for your injuries, there are a number of ways we can pursue the compensation you deserve for the cost of your medical care, your rehabilitative therapy, lost wages, pain and suffering and adjustment to a life with disability. Working with insurance companies is integral to this process, which can include the following.
- Seeking compensation from the driver’s insurance company— in many cases, this is sufficient, but with pedestrian accidents, the damages often exceed insurance policy limits and we will need to look in other directions to recover the maximum amount of damages the law will provide.
- Filing a claim with your driver’s insurance or health insurance policy— your own car insurance may have an underinsured or uninsured motorist clause that allows you to file a claim if the driver’s insurance policy will not be able to cover the full cost of your medical treatment and other losses. We can also negotiate with your health insurance company to obtain additional compensation for that which the other insurance companies will not cover.
- Recovering the driver’s assets to bridge the difference— this isn’t always an option because some defendants may not have the assets to cover the costs, but when a driver does have access to assets that can be sold to cover his or her liability, it is an option for us to go after these assets when all other options have been exhausted.
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC has helped thousands of people recover the compensation they deserved after a catastrophic accident. If you have been struck by a negligent driver, we can help you too and guarantee results for every client or our services come free of charge. To learn more, contact us to arrange your free case review.
Our award winning Rockford pedestrian accident attorneys will sit down with you and review your legal options so that you know exactly what you can expect if you decide to pursue legal action. We will also collect the information we need to begin working immediately on your behalf to represent your interests. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you in your time of need.