Many motorcycle riders enjoy taking the Rock River Run between Dixon and Rockford, Illinois. The adventure travels through the quintessential small-town Midwest communities along State Route 2 traveling along both sides of the Rock River. The route is mostly two-lane asphalt that tends to hug the river’s banks, providing ample view of many of the area’s ravines and rock formations. Many two wheel commuters stop in Oregon for a bite to eat at the Conover Square Cheese Shop.
Along the 42 mile trek, both Route 2 and Rock River cut through Castle Rock State Park and Lowden-Miller Forest. Typically, bikers see lots of active wildlife on and alongside the roadway through much of the year. Because of that, it is essential to stay keenly aware of traffic, especially in congested areas along the route.Recent Rockford Motorcycle Accidents
The Rockford motorcycle accident attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers remind everyone of the dangerous conditions on the roadways in and around Rockford. Numerous deadly accidents have occurred in the county over the last few months including:
- In August 2014, two men lost their lives in a Mount Morris double motorcycle accident east of Rockford. Both motorcycles were traveling in opposite directions just prior to the collision. A spokesman for the Ogle County Sheriff’s Department reported that a female passenger riding on one of the motorcycles suffered serious injuries in the crash and was airlifted to a Rockford hospital.
- In September 2014, a 24-year-old Bloomingdale woman suffered life-threatening injuries while riding as a passenger on the back of a motorcycle. Witnesses say the 24-year-old male motorcycle driver was traveling at a high rate of speed and took the curve too quickly, causing the bike to cross the road median and land in a ditch. The biker was cited for failing to travel at an appropriate speed. The motorcycle passenger was transported to Rockford Memorial Hospital for treatment for her injuries.
Sharing the roadway with motor vehicles often poses a significant risk to bikers and passengers, especially when traveling around distracted drivers. This is because motorcycles lack the same equipment and safety features available on commercial trucks and passenger vehicles. The lightweight of the bike and its small frame provides virtually no protection for the riders who will likely suffer catastrophic severe life-threatening injuries during a crash.
Many commercial truckers and passenger vehicle motorists drive recklessly, carelessly or negligently and often do not see the motorcycle until it is too late. There is usually an inherent risk to riding a motorcycle where the most common accidents involve:
- A commercial truck or passenger vehicle turning into the pathway of an oncoming motorcycle.
- Failure of a driver to see a motorcyclist until it is too late to avoid a collision.
- Failure of a driver to yield to the motorcycle’s right-of-way according to the rules of the road.
- Changing lanes inappropriately.
- Intoxication or operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs.
- A collision caused during lane splitting, when the biker travels between rows of slow moving vehicles in heavily congested traffic.
A highly experienced attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers are ready to serve as your legal advocate to protect your rights after your accident by filing a claim or lawsuit for financial compensation for your Rockford motorcycle accident. Our law firm will perform a comprehensive investigation and assessment of the accident scene to determine the cause of the crash with injuries and provide various legal options on how to best obtain adequate recompense for your injuries.
Our team of skilled lawyers understand comprehensive federal and Illinois motorcycle laws. We will build a solid case based on proven legal theory to ensure we obtain the maximum amount of financial recovery you deserve. Contact us today at (888) 424-5757 to schedule your free, initial no-obligation consultation.