Rockford Memorial Hospital Malpractice Lawyers
Rockford Memorial Hospital is a 396-bed facility providing tertiary medical care in Rockford and throughout Winnebago County, Illinois. The medical center is located at:
- 2400 North Rockton Ave.
- Rockford, IL 61103
- (815) 971-5000
The hospital is a part of Rockford Health System, the largest healthcare system serving southern Wisconsin and northern Illinois.
When ranked against other hospitals and medical centers in the U.S., Rockford Memorial Hospital maintains an overall B score, ranking and in the 49th percentile. This ranking is calculated from publicly available information including patient satisfaction, patient length of stay, medical staff communication with patients and any adverse event that could be potentially linked to medical malpractice.
Illinois State Designations
Rockford Memorial Hospital maintains four specific state designations that include:
The facility is part of the state’s Regionalized Perinatal System providing Level III capabilities. This means the hospital maintains an intensive care approach specifically designed for high risk women of childbearing age who have complicated pregnancies. In addition, the facility provides intensive neonatal care for at risk newborns and is equipped with a neonatal ICU.Trauma Center I
As a Level I Trauma Center, Rockford Memorial Hospital offers every essential service including a helicopter landing pad.Pediatric Critical Care Center
The hospital participates in the state approved emergency medical care system by offering round-the-clock essential pediatric services covered by highly qualified professionals who are specially trained in providing critical emergency care to children. To maintain the designation, the hospital is also required to maintain an EDAP designation.
Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP)
The medical facility holds a state EDAP designation because it provides a high level of emergency care 24 hours a day to pediatric patients.
By following specific safety protocols, Illinois hospitals and medical centers can significantly reduce the potential risks of patients developing serious infections after procedures and surgeries. Hospitals and medical facilities throughout the state are required to report all infections to the CDC. The number of facility-acquired infections at Rockford Memorial Hospital in 2014 include:
- Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections (CLABSI) between 01/01/2014 at 12/31/2014 Include:
- Infections Acquired in the Adult Surgical/Medical ICU – 4 infection incidents out of 2357 central line days.
- Infections Acquired in the Pediatric Surgical-Medical Intensive Care Unit – 2 infection incidents out of 415 central line days.
- Infection Acquired in the Neonatal ICU (Level III) – 1 infection incident out of 2298 central line days.
- Surgical Site Infection (SSI) between 07/01/2013 and 06/30/2014 Include:
- Infections Acquired Following Total Knee Replacement Surgery – 4 infection incidents out of 256 procedures.
- MRSA and CDI Bloodstream Infections between 01/01/2014 and 12/31/2014 Include:
- Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) Onset Incident Rate – 1 infection incident out of 65,764 patient days at the facility.
- Clostridium Difficile Infection (CDI) Onset Incident Rate – 62 infection incidents out of 51,071 patient days.
Patient Safety Concerns
The Illinois Department of Public Health utilizes discharge information accumulated by AHRQ (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality) to quantify patient safety measures in hospitals and medical centers across the state. The current patient safety concerns at Rockford Memorial Hospital are based on data accumulated and reported between 10/01/2013 and 09/30/2014 that include:
- Blood Clotting (Deep Vein Thrombosis) or Postoperative Lung Embolism – 13 incidents of 2725 patients at the facility.
- Abdominal Wall Surgery Wound Complication – 1 incident out of 374 patients.
- Medical Care-Associated Collapsed Lung – 2 incidents out of 8980 patients.
- Accidental Laceration or Puncture Wound – 12 incidents out of 9292 patients.
- Postoperative Respiratory Failure – 10 incidents out of 1070 patients.
- Postoperative Hematomas or Hemorrhages – 14 incidents out of 2632 patients.
Rockford, Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you, or a loved one, have suffered harm after being admitted to Rockford Memorial Hospital, your complications may be the result of medical malpractice. The experienced personal injury attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC serve as legal advocates to patients harmed by medical malpractice in Rockford and throughout the state of Illinois. We accept wrongful death, personal injury and medical malpractice cases on contingency, meaning you receive instant legal representation without the need of paying upfront fees. We encourage you to call our law offices today to discuss your case for financial compensation.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.