Riverside Medical Center Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Riverside Medical Center is a 318-bed “not for profit" medical center providing cares and services to residents of Kankakee and Kankakee County, Illinois. The facility is located at:
350 N. Wall Street
Kankakee, IL 60901
In addition to providing the community emergency care services, the facility also offers other services including:
- Diabetes care
- Behavioral health care
- Amatory surgery
- Geriatric care
- Immediate care
- Laboratory services
- Robotic surgery
- Rehabilitation services
- Memory care
- Stroke Center
- Wound care
- Outpatient infusion center
Comparing this facility to other hospitals and medical centers nationwide, Kankakee County Riverside Medical Center maintains an overall “B” score, ranking it in the 58th percentile. The rankings are calculated using publicly available data involving patient satisfaction, the length of stay, patient flow and reported complications. Low percentile scores are often indicative of a high percentage of medical errors and mistakes happening at the hospital.
Like all other hospitals in the United States, the emergency department at Riverside Medical Center is rated for its efficiency in providing services to patients requiring emergent care. Analytics MD revealed that the number of frustrated patients leaving the emergency department at the facility are in the 40th percentile. Additional rankings include:
- Incoming Patient Flow (40th percentile) , measuring the efficiency of how patients are initially evaluated one arriving at the emergency room.
- Discharge Patient Flow (71st percentile) , measuring the efficiency of how less sick patients receive treatment.
- Admitted Patient Flow (61st percentile) , measuring how efficient the facility provides treatment, cares, and services to sicker patients who need to be admitted to the hospital.
- Overall Patient Satisfaction (61st percentile) , measuring the satisfaction level of patients in every department throughout the facility (not just the emergency department).
Illinois State Designations
Riverside Medical Center maintains four specific state designations that include:
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP) – The hospital is recognized by the Illinois Department of Public Health and Emergency Medical Services for Children Program because it provides an exceptional level of pediatric critical an emergency care by specially trained professionals. The program provides around-the-clock pediatric emergency department care ensuring there are adequate staffing and access to pediatric supplies, equipment, and medication.
- Magnet Recognition – The American Nurses Association develop the Magnet Recognition Program as a driving force to ensure excellence in nursing practice and deliver the highest quality of patient care. The program is designed to develop interdisciplinary relationships and serves as a model of patient advocacy.
- Perinatal II – As a Level II perinatal facility, Riverside Medical Center is recognized as part of the Illinois Regionalized Perinatal System developed to enhance perinatal outcomes through early detection of at-risk problems involving childbearing women and their fetuses/newborns.
- Trauma Center Level II – As a Level II trauma care Center, the hospital must provide around-the-clock essential in-house services. In addition, the facility’s Medical Director must also act as the Trauma Surgeon and provide numerous services including subspecialty surgical care, intensive care, radiology, emergency medicine, and anesthesiology.
Patient Safety Concerns
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) measures patient safety concerns using hospital discharge data to evaluate potential in-hospital complications and adverse events. The data is accumulated from various sources including the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). For 2015, the patient safety concerns involving Riverside Medical Center include:
- Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate – The facility's risk-adjusted rate of 15.38 per 1000 or 13 incidents involving 918 patients was significantly higher (almost double) compared to the Illinois state’s average of 8.04 per 1000 patients. The IDPH determined that the patient safety concern rate was “statistically significantly worse than the state average.
- Postoperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate – The risk-adjusted rate of 3.9 per 1000 or 7 incidents out of 2008 patients was slightly lower than the Illinois state’s average of 4.46 per 1000 patients.
- Medical Care-Associated Collapsed Lung Rate – The risk-adjusted rate of 0.27 per 1000 or 2 incidents involving 7665 patients was nearly identical to the Illinois state’s average of 0.28 per 1000 patients.
- Accidental Puncture Laceration Rate – The risk-adjusted rate of 2.3 per 1000 or 14 incidents involving 7911 patients was 1.5 times higher than the Illinois state’s average of 1.45 per 1000 patients.
- Postoperative Clotting (Deep Vein Thrombosis) or Lung Embolism Rate – The 2.7 per 1000 or 6 incidents involving 2128 patients was less than half of the Illinois state’s average of 5.62 per 1000 patients.
Kankakee Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you believe your loved one was the victim of medical malpractice while a patient at Riverside Medical Center, call Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today. Our Kankakee personal injury attorneys have represented clients who have suffered harm through the negligent actions of their caregivers. Let our law firm handle every aspect of your claim for compensation. We can begin your case by filing your claim in the appropriate court. In Kankakee County, the courthouse is located at:
450 E. Court St.
Kankakee, IL 60901
Circuit Court Clerk Sandra Cianci
Schedule your free, no-obligation comprehensive financial claim review today by calling our Kankakee County medical malpractice law offices at (888) 424-5757. We provide immediate legal representation without any upfront payment or fee. Our legal services are paid only after we have successfully resolved your case in a court of law or through a negotiated out-of-court settlement.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.