Richland Memorial Hospital Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Richland Memorial Hospital is a 134-certified-bed Medical Center providing services to residents of Olney and Richland County, Illinois. The ‘not for profit’ Hospital is located at:
800 East Locust Street
Olney, IL 62450
In addition to providing emergency and critical care to the local community, Richland Memorial Hospital offers other much-needed services that include:
- Audiology services
- Diagnostic imaging
- Oncology (cancer) services
- Psychiatric care
- Laboratory testing
- Intensive care
- Home Health
- Epidural steroid injections
- Respiratory therapy
- Sports medicine and orthopedics
- Respiratory therapy
- Sleep studies
When comparing this facility to other hospitals and medical centers hospitals nationwide, Richland Memorial Hospital maintains an overall “B-” score, ranking it in the 48th percentile. The ranking was calculated using publicly available information including reported complications, patient costs, emergency department initial assessment, patient satisfaction and patient flow. A median or low score is often indicative of a high percentage of medical errors and mistakes occurring at the facility.
The cares and services the hospital’s emergency department provides to the local community are crucial to the well-being of the county’s residents. Analytics MD provides publicly available information on the urgent and emergency care provided by emergency rooms nationwide. This information can be used as a comparison between facilities. Currently, the percentile ranking for levels of care provided by the emergency room at Richland Memorial Hospital include:
- Incoming Patient Flow (44th percentile) – This measurement indicates the efficiency of how patients are initially evaluated after arriving at the emergency room.
- Discharged Patient Flow (45th percentile) – This measurement indicates how efficient the medical team is that providing treatment to less sick patients who received care and were discharged from the ER.
- Admitted Patient Flow (40th percentile) – This low measurement indicates the inefficiency of how the medical team treats sicker patients who will need to be admitted to the hospital from the ER.
- Frustrated Patients (52nd percentile) – This measurement indicates the level of frustration that patients feel after receiving care and leaving the emergency room.
- Overall Patient Satisfaction (73rd percentile) – This measurement indicates the overall patient experience of how the hospital operates in every department.
Richland Memorial Hospital currently holds one state designation that includes:
- Perinatal II – As a level II facility, Richland Memorial Hospital is a part of the Illinois Regionalized Perinatal System that was first developed as an effective tool for improving perinatal outcomes of childbearing women, fetuses, and newborns who were at risk. The designation indicates that the facility will provide additional services for at-risk mothers and infants suffering from medical complications. However, the facility does not provide special care through a neonatal intensive care nursery.
Bloodstream Infection Rate
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) monitors healthcare facilities and their infection incident rates involving Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and Clostridium difficile infection (CDI). This data is collected from the patient’s laboratory test results after they have been at the facility for more than three days.
The bloodstream infection data helps the IDPH determine if there is a statistical difference between the facility’s rate and the nation’s average, which could reveal serious problems in the health care the hospital provides. For 2015, the bloodstream infection rate at Richland Memorial Hospital involves:
- CDI Facility-Acquired Infection Incident Rate – 2 infection incidents out of 4000 patient days. The IDPH determined that the rate was not “statistically significantly better or worse than the national average.
- MRSA Facility-Acquired Infection Incident Rate – 0 infection incidents out of 5847 patient days.
Patient Safety Concerns
The Illinois Department of Public Health monitors all hospital discharge information that reveals inpatient quality indicators and patient safety measurements involving any potential adverse event or unexpected complication among patients. The data is collected by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) and made available through a Report Card Methodology. For 2015, the patient safety concern at the hospital included:
- Accidental Puncture and Laceration Rate – The risk-adjusted rate of 2.92 per 1000 patients or 2incidents out of 1683 patients was more than double the Illinois state average of 1.45 per 1000 patients.
The Illinois Department of Public Health determined that this risk-adjusted rate involving accidental punctures and lacerations was “not statistically significantly better or worse in the state average.
Olney Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If your family believes your loved one suffered harm or died prematurely by medical malpractice while they were a patient at Richland Memorial Hospital, contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC now. Our Olney attorneys can work on your family’s behalf to successfully resolve your financial recompense claim against all those who caused your loved one's harm. We file claims against hospitals, medical centers, doctors, nursing staff, or other patients/residents in the appropriate courthouse. In Richland County, the courthouse is located at:
#1 Taylor Street
Chester, Illinois 62233-0329
Circuit Court Clerk Sherry Johnson
Contact our Illinois medical malpractice law firm now at (888) 424-5757 to schedule you comprehensive, no-obligation case consultation with our attorneys at no charge. No upfront payment is required because our law firm accepts every personal injury case, wrongful death lawsuit and medical malpractice compensation claim on contingency. This means we provide immediate legal services and are paid only after we have negotiated an out of court settlement on your behalf or have one your case in front of a judge and jury.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.