Presence Resurrection Medical Center is a 337-bed hospital providing care and services to the residents and visitors of Cook County, Illinois. The facility is located at:
7435 W Talcott Avenue
Chicago IL 60631
This Presence Healthcare System-affiliated medical center provides diverse services to the local community that include:
- Emergency medical care
- Cancer care
- Diabetes and nutritional education
- Weight-loss surgery
- Pain management
- Imaging including ultrasound, x-ray, MRI, and CT scan
- Women's health
- Cardiovascular care
- Palliative care
- Primary care
- Wound care
- Audiology services
- Hyperbaric therapy
Illinois State Designations
Currently, Resurrection Medical Center maintains the following designations:
- Perinatal II+
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics
- Primary Stroke Center
Both the federal government and the state of Illinois routinely monitor every medical center and hospital statewide to ensure patient safety and take appropriate measures when serious concerns are identified. According to data supplied by the hospital to the Illinois Department of Health and other agencies, Resurrection Medical Center reported the following medical errors that may be of concern to patients and their families.
- Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections in the Adult Medical/Surgical ICU (2016) with four reported infections over 5073 central-line days
- Healthcare Facility Onset Incident Rate of MRSA (2016) with three reported infections of Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus acquired over 63,155 patient days
- Healthcare Facility Onset Incident Rate of CDI (2016) with 61 reported highly contagious Clostridium difficile infections acquired over 60,059 patient days
- Unexpected Death (2015) 1 out of 1962 patients
- Risk-Adjusted Postoperative Lung Embolism or Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT clotting) (2015) 6 out of 3031 patients
- Wound Complications in Abdominal Wall Surgery (2015) 1 out of 498 patients
- Iatrogenic Pneumothorax (healthcare-associated collapsed lung) (2015) 11 out of 11,280 patients
- Postoperative Respiratory Failure (2015) 7 out of 957 patients
- Postoperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma (2015) 6 out of 2682 patients
- Pneumonia Patients Admitted to the Hospital within 30 days (between July 1, 2013, and June 30, 2016) – 15.9% of all patients treated at the facility for pneumonia were readmitted to the facility 30 days after departure for retreatment. This statistical percentage is slightly lower than the national average (16.9%) and Illinois average (17.37%).
- Pneumonia 30 Day Mortality Rate (between July 1, 2013, and June 30, 2016) – 13.5% of all patients treated for pneumonia at the facility died within 30 days. This statistical rate is slightly lower than the national average (15.9%) and Illinois average (15.98%).
- Heart Failure Patients Readmitted to the Facility within 30 Days (between July 1, 2013, and June 30, 2016) – 23.3% of all patients treated for heart failure were readmitted to the facility within 30 days after discharge. This statistical rate is significantly higher than the national average (21.6%) and Illinois average (21.78%).
- Heart Failure 30 Day Mortality Rate (between July 1, 2013, and June 30, 2016) – 10.8% of all patients treated for heart failure at the facility died within 30 days. This statistical rate is slightly lower than the national average (11.9%) and Illinois average (11.67%).
- Heart Attack Patient Readmitted to the Facility within 30 Days (between July 1, 2013, and June 30, 2016) – 16.3% of all patients treated at the hospital for heart attack were readmitted to the facility 30 days after discharge for retreatment. The statistical percent is identical to the national average (16.3%) and Illinois State average (16.4%).
- Heart Attack 30 Day Mortality Rate (between July 1, 2013, and June 30, 2016) – 12.0% of all patients treated for a heart attack at the facility died within 30 days after admittance. The statistical rate is slightly lower than the national average (13.6%) and Illinois average (13.32 percent).
- Hip Fracture-Associated Risk-Adjusted Mortality Rate for 2015 – 2 patients out of 174 died because of a hip fracture. This statistical risk-adjusted rate of 10.35 per 1000 patients is less than half the Illinois average of 24.98 per 1000.
- Inpatient Bypass Graft Deaths Risk-Adjusted Mortality Rate for 2015 – 3 out of 183 patients died of inpatient bypass graft at the facility. This risk-adjusted rate of 10.3 per 1000 patients is significantly lower than the Illinois average of 14.81 per 1000.
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) Risk-Adjusted Mortality Rate for 2015 – 14 out of 550 patients died of a CHF at the hospital. This risk-adjusted rate of 12.24 per 1000 patients is significantly less than the Illinois average of 20.74 per 1000 patients.
Maternal Safety and Utilization
- Obstetric Trauma – Vaginal without Instrument (2015) 9 out of 703 patients
Chicago, Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you were seriously harmed while you were a patient at Presence Resurrection Medical Center, your injuries might be the result of medical negligence. The medical malpractice attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC provide legal assistance to patients who have suffered injuries by mistakes and errors in all medical settings.
Contact our attorneys today to schedule a free, no-obligation case consultation to discuss the merits of your compensation claim. Our legal team accepts all personal injury case, wrongful death lawsuit, and medical malpractice claim through contingency fee agreements. This arrangement postpones the payment of legal services until after we have successfully resolved your case through a jury trial or negotiated an out of court settlement. All information you share with our law office remains confidential.