Red Bud Regional Hospital Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Red Bud Regional Hospital is a 25-certified-bed hospital providing cares and services to residents of Red Bud and Randolph County, Illinois. The ‘for profit’ Medical Facility is located at:
325 Spring Street
Red Bud, IL 62278
In addition to providing emergency medical care to the local community, Red Bud Regional Hospital also offers many other much-needed services that include:
- Diagnostic imaging
- Laboratory services
- Surgical services
- Sleep disorder center
- Rehabilitation services including physical, speech and occupational therapy
- Skilled nursing
- Infusion services
- Endoscopic services
- Outpatient care
Comparing this facility to other medical centers and hospitals throughout the United States, Red Bud Regional Hospital maintains an overall “B” score, ranking it in the 51st percentile. According to Analytics MD, the facility calculated ranking used publicly available data that includes patient satisfaction, patient flow, staff responsiveness, nurse/patient communication, and reported complications. Low percentile scores might indicate a high percentage of medical errors, mistakes and malpractice negligence happening at the hospital.
Like all emergency rooms in the U.S., the level of care provided by the emergency department at Red Blood Regional Hospital it is crucial to the well-being of the local community. Publicly available information revealing percentile rankings can assist the public in determining the level of care this emergency room can provide. Currently, the Red Bud Regional Hospital emergency department percentile rankings include:
- Incoming Patient Flow (61st percentile) – This ranking measures the efficiency of how the medical team evaluates patients when they first arrive at the emergency department.
- Discharged Patient Flow (56th percentile) – This ranking measures the efficiency of how the medical team treats less sick patients who will receive care and be discharged from the emergency room.
- Admitted Patient Flow (41st percentile) – This low ranking measures the inefficiency of how sicker patients are treated by the medical team before being admitted to the hospital from the ER.
- Frustrated Patients (52nd percentile) – This ranking measures the level of frustration that patients feel when leaving the ER after receiving treatment.
- Overall Patient Satisfaction (50th percentile) – This ranking measures the overall patient experience when receiving cares and services in every department.
Bloodstream Infection Rate
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) monitors facility-onset infection incident rates involving Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) and Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) collected by laboratory test results from patients who have been at the facility for longer than three days. This information helps the Public Health Department determine whether the bloodstream infection rate at this facility is statistically higher or lower than the national average.
The bloodstream infection rate for Red Blood Regional Hospital during 2015 involve:
- CDI (Clostridium Difficile Infection) Facility-Acquired Infection Incident Rate – 1 infection incident out of 2251 patient days.
- MRSA (Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus) Facility-Acquired Infection Incident Rate – 0 infections out of 2251 patient days.
The Illinois Department of Public Health determined that the rates above were not “statistically significantly better or worse than the national average.”
Patient Safety Concerns
The IDPH also evaluates public safety concerns using data measurements on potential adverse events and in-hospital complications. The information is collected through hospital discharge data by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). For 2015, the patient safety concerns at Red Bud Regional Hospital involved:
- Accidental Laceration or Puncture Rate – The risk-adjusted rate of 7.73 per 1000 patients or 1 incident out of 570 patients was significantly higher (more than five times higher) than the Illinois state average of 1.45 per 1000 patients.
The Illinois Department of Public Health determined that the rate above was not “statistically significantly worse or better than the national average.”
The US Department of Health and Human Services through its Hospital Compare website releases publicly available information on readmission rates. These rates often reveal the lack of:
- steps that were taken by the facility to prevent complications,
- education provided to patients during their discharge from the facility, and
- assurance that the individual can make an easy transition into a nursing home setting or the family’s home.
The current readmission rates for Red Blood Regional Hospital between 07/01/2012 and 06/30/2015 include:
- Pneumonia Patients Who Needed to Be Readmitted to the Facility 30 Days after Their Discharge – 17.1 percent, which is nearly identical to the Illinois state average of 17.56 percent.
- Heart Failure Patients Who Needed to Be Readmitted to the Hospital 30 Days after Their Discharge – 21.8 percent, which is slightly lower than the Illinois state average of 22.09 percent.
Red Bud Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If your loved one was harmed by medical malpractice while a patient at Red Bud Regional Hospital, contact the Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC law firm now. Our Red Bud attorneys offer legal representation to patients with cases involving medical malpractice that occur in Illinois medical centers. Allow our legal team to handle every aspect of the case including filing all the necessary documentation in the appropriate courthouse. In Randolph County, the courthouse is located at:
#1 Taylor Street
Chester, Illinois 62233
Circuit Court Clerk Sherry Johnson
Call our Illinois medical malpractice law firm today at (888) 424-5757 to speak with our representatives who can assist you in scheduling your free, no-obligation case evaluation. No upfront payment is required because we accept every medical malpractice claim for compensation through contingency fee agreements.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.