Prime Freight Logistics Truck Accident Attorneys
Founded in 2005, the privately-owned Prime Freight Logistics is an international logistics service provider offering solutions including door-to-door, warehousing/distribution, international freight forwarding, and customs clearance. The company provides global and domestic parcel pickup and delivery solutions for consumers and business customers. Prime Freight's brand names include Prime Freight eCommerce, Prime Freight Parcel, and Prime Freight Service & Logistics.
The company partners with the United States Postal Service, Canada Post, TNT, FedEx, and DHL. In 2018, Prime Freight generated a gross annual revenue of $1,638,000,000.
Current contact information for the company includes:
Prime Freight Systems, Inc.
115 River St.
Acton, MA 01720
Website Address https://www.primefreight.com/
Prime is an LTL (less than truckload) carrier, meaning the company delivers mixed freight. This type of trucking is the opposite of a Truckload (LT) carrier that transports trucks containing similar products, goods, and materials to multiple locations.
Prime Freight Accidents
According to statistics maintained by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, truck driving mistakes cause nearly ninety percent of all truck-related accidents each year. Truckers are ten times more likely to be 'at fault' for the accident compared to road conditions, inclement weather, and other factors. Distractions and inattention while driving an 80,000-pound fully loaded semi-tractor-trailer and unfamiliarity with the road ahead accounts for most of the 5000+ commercial vehicle-related accidents every year.
Prime Freight, like the other leading commercial vehicle transport companies in the trucking industry, must ensure that their deliveries remain on time as scheduled to remain competitive. Unfortunately, unrealistic schedules forced truckers to make poor decisions, work overtime, and drive much longer each day than they should to meet the demands of their job.
Common Causes of Commercial Vehicle Collisions
Statistics by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) revealed many of the common causes associated with large commercial vehicles in the United States that include:
- Improper Truck Maintenance - All commercial trucking companies must ensure the upkeep on their commercial vehicles is maintained. The company and the trucker can be held legally liable if faulty equipment or poor vehicle maintenance causes a crash.
- Aggressive Behavior - Any driver recklessly operating their vehicle could cause severe injury or wrongful death of innocent passengers or other motorists.
- Distracted Driving - The trucker should never use their mobile phone, send text messages, or read their email while operating their commercial vehicle. Distracted driving could lead to severe harm or death.
- Unsafe Driving Practices - Truckers log thousands of miles each week crisscrossing North America on the interstate system. The extended periods behind the wheel can become monotonous, leading to road rage, failure to use turn signals, and unexpected lane changes.
- Drowsy Driving - Maintaining tight schedules often means the trucker must drive for hours on end, which can lead to fatigue and drowsy driving.
- Driving Under the Influence - It is illegal to consume too much alcohol or use illicit drugs while operating a motor vehicle. This reckless behavior could create a dangerous or life-threatening scenario.
Sometimes, the commercial vehicle driver will cause a crash because of their erratic movements or failure to ensure there was enough distance between their vehicle and those sharing the roadway. In these cases, both the trucking company and the truck driver could be held legally responsible for the crash and pay all associated costs and expenses that led to severe injury or wrongful death.
Filing a Compensation Lawsuit for Personal Injuries Related to a Truck Accident
All victims suffering from injuries caused by a commercial truck can seek and obtain financial compensation from each party 'at fault' for the accident. An attorney can resolve your case successfully by following complicated Illinois tort laws when speaking with the claim's adjuster or presenting evidence at trial. Most cases or negotiated out of court if the victim accept adequate funds in a settlement with the insurance company that pays all losses and damages.
Filing a truck accident claim for compensation ensures that the victim can receive economic recovery for their damages, including:
- Hospital bills, medical costs, and expenses of rehab and therapies
- Past, present and future earnings because of a permanent or temporary disability
- Car rental reimbursement while your damaged vehicle is repaired
- Physical damages including the loss of your vehicle
- Mental stress and emotional anguish
- Pain and suffering
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC can Make the Difference
The dedicated attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC successfully handled truck accident cases for clients suffering injuries caused by large commercial trucks. Our legal team maintains an aggressive position to develop a healthy strategy on your behalf to fight back against large trucking companies hoping to avoid legal liability for your severe or deadly accident.
Call our network of affiliate attorneys at (888) 424-5757. Let our legal team begin working on your case today. We accept every case through a contingency fee arrangement. This agreement ensures that your family does not pay anything until after we have won your case at trial or negotiated an acceptable out of court settlement on your behalf.