Millions of people are diagnosed with pressure sores every year and hundreds of thousands of nursing homes have residents suffering from them. Also, the cost of battling them is expensive, ranging from tens of thousands of dollars to hundreds of thousands of dollars. Consequently, thousands of victims sue for damages every year following a pressure sore incident.
What Are The Facts On Pressure Sores?
- Pressure sores are associated with many other serious conditions like infections, cancer, bone damage, and even death.
- Common causes of pressure sores include friction, shearing, and pressure.
- More than 2 million people have pressure sores.
- More than 100,000 nursing homes have residents with pressure sores.
- Patients with pressure sores might need well over $100,000 to care for their injuries.
- Each year, plaintiffs file thousands of lawsuits to recover damages for their pressure sore injuries.
- Over 100 people die every day because of pressure sore injuries. This equates to over 50,000 deaths every year because of pressure sores.
How Can A Chicago Injury Lawyer Help You If You Have Bed Sores?
As soon as bed sores are discovered on your body, you need representatives working on your behalf to pull together all of the facts, figures, and persons involved in the incident. You will need all of this information to file a claim for relieve in Cook County or anywhere else in Illinois. Additionally, Chicago injury lawyers should be able to draft an adequate complaint for damages and argue this case in court. This is what our team specializes in: translating your story into an actionable lawsuit that recovers every bit of compensation that is possible because we know you need it.
Want To Know More About Pressure Sores?
Hopefully, this information helps you understand the general issue of pressure sores. Yet, after working with many people suffering from them, Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers knows that you will have many other questions about this topic. For all of your inquiries, come to us. We can answer all of them and we can help you bring a claim for damages on a contingency-basis which means no cost to you unless you’re satisfied. Contact us today. Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers can start tomorrow.
To learn more bed sore claims in Illinois, read the following articles: