Pressure Sore Statistics
Millions of people are diagnosed with pressure sores every year and hundreds of thousands of nursing homes have residents suffering from them. Also, the cost of battling them is expensive, ranging from tens of thousands of dollars to hundreds of thousands of dollars. Consequently, thousands of victims sue for damages every year following a pressure sore incident.
What Are The Facts On Pressure Sores?
- Pressure sores are associated with many other serious conditions like infections, cancer, bone damage, and even death.
- Common causes of pressure sores include friction, shearing, and pressure.
- More than 2 million people have pressure sores.
- More than 100,000 nursing homes have residents with pressure sores.
- Patients with pressure sores might need well over $100,000 to care for their injuries.
- Each year, plaintiffs file thousands of lawsuits to recover damages for their pressure sore injuries.
- Over 100 people die every day because of pressure sore injuries. This equates to over 50,000 deaths every year because of pressure sores.
How Can A Chicago Injury Lawyer Help You If You Have Bed Sores?
As soon as bed sores are discovered on your body, you need representatives working on your behalf to pull together all of the facts, figures, and persons involved in the incident. You will need all of this information to file a claim for relieve in Cook County or anywhere else in Illinois. Additionally, Chicago injury lawyers should be able to draft an adequate complaint for damages and argue this case in court. This is what our team specializes in: translating your story into an actionable lawsuit that recovers every bit of compensation that is possible because we know you need it.
Want To Know More About Pressure Sores?
Hopefully, this information helps you understand the general issue of pressure sores. Yet, after working with many people suffering from them, Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC knows that you will have many other questions about this topic. For all of your inquiries, come to us. We can answer all of them and we can help you bring a claim for damages on a contingency-basis which means no cost to you unless you're satisfied. Contact us today. Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC can start tomorrow.
For additional information see the following pages:
- Are Pressure Sores Fatal?
- How Can I Treat Pressure Sores?
- Why Do Pressure Sores Develop?
- How do I Spot Pressure Sores Before They Develop?
- How Much Are Bed Sore Cases Worth?
- What Are Pressure Sores?
- What Can I do If I Have Been a Victim of Nursing Home Neglect or Abuse?
- What Responsibilities do Health Care Facilities Have to Prevent Bed Sores?
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.