Presence United Samaritans Medical Center Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Presence United Samaritans Medical Center is a ‘not for profit’ church-operated facility providing services to residents of Danville and Vermillion County, Illinois. The 174-certified-bed center is located at:
812 N. Logan Ave.
Danville, IL 61832
In addition to providing emergency and urgent care to the local community, Presence United Samaritan Medical Center also offers other valuable services that include:
- Cancer care
- Gastrointestinal services
- Sleep disorder care
- Pulmonary services
- Immediate care
- Diabetes education
- Cardiovascular care
- Women’s health care
- Weight loss surgery
- Palliative care
- Sports medicine and orthopedics
- Laboratory services
When comparing this facility to other hospitals and medical centers nationwide, Presence United Samaritans Medical Center maintains an overall “B+” score, ranking it in the 61st percentile. The calculated ranking uses publicly available information including reported complications, patient cost, discharged patient length of stay, physician/nurse/patient communication, emergency department initial assessment, patient satisfaction, and patient flow. A medium to low score is often indicative of a high percentage of medical errors and mistakes occurring at the facility.
Analytics MD collects information on emergency department services nationwide to be used as a comparison tool. Currently, the ranking percentile involving emergency services provided at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center involve:
- Incoming Patient Flow (41st percentile) – This measurement reveals the efficiency of how patients are evaluated after they arrived at the emergency department.
- Discharged Patient Flow (26 percentile) – This low measurement reveals the inefficiency of how the medical team provides cares and treatment to patients who will be discharged from the emergency department.
- Admitted Patient Flow (71st percentile) – This measurement reveals the efficiency of how the medical team provides cares and treatments to sicker patients who must then be admitted to the medical center from the emergency department.
- Frustrated Patients (67th percentile) – This measurement reveals the level of frustration that patients feel after receiving care and then leaving the emergency department.
- Overall Patient Satisfaction (72nd percentile) – This measurement reveals the overall experience the patient has when receiving cares and services in any department in the medical center.
Presence United Samaritans Medical Center currently holds one state designation that includes:
- Perinatal II – The Level II designation indicates that the hospital is a part of the Regionalized Perinatal System developed to enhance perinatal outcomes of childbearing women and their newborn.
Bloodstream Infection Rate
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) monitors facility-onset incident rates involving contagious infections including Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and Clostridium difficile infection (CDI). The data is collected through laboratory testing results involving patients who have been at the facility more than three days.
The public health department uses the bloodstream infection rate to determine whether the incidents involving contagious infections are “statistically different from the national average.” For 2015, the bloodstream infection rate for this facility included:
- Facility-Acquired CDI (Clostridium Difficile Infection) Incident Rate – 9 infection incidents out of 20,560 patient days.
- Facility-Acquired MRSA (Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus) Infection Incident Rate – 3 infections out of 21,708 patient days.
These rates were determined to be “not statistically significantly better or worse than the national average.
Patient Safety Concerns
The Illinois Department of Public Health monitors patient safety measurements involving adverse events and in-hospital complications that occur after surgeries and procedures. This information involves discharge data collected by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and posted using risk adjustment rates and a report card methodology. The current patient safety concerns involving this facility on data between 01/01/2015 and 12/31/2015 included:
- Accidental Laceration or Puncture Rate – The risk-adjusted rate of 2.76 per 1000 or 5 incidents out of 4606 patients, which was nearly double the Illinois state average of 1.45 per 1000 patients.
- Postoperative Hematoma or Hemorrhage Rate – The risk-adjusted rate of 3.4 per 1000 or 1 incident out of 404 patients was significantly lower than the Illinois state average of 4.46 per 1000 patients.
- Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate – The risk-adjusted rate of 5.38 per 1000 or 1 incident out of 67 patients was significantly lower than the Illinois state average of 8.04 per 1000 patients.
Illinois Department of Public Health determined that these above rates were “not statistically significantly better or worse than the state average.
Danville Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you have any suspicions that your loved one was injured or died unexpectedly by medical malpractice while a patient at Presence United Samaritans Medical Center, take steps now by contacting Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC. Our Danville nursing home attorneys have successfully resolved many financial compensation claims for victims of medical malpractice. Allow our law firm to handle every aspect of your case including filing all the necessary documentation and paperwork in the appropriate Vermillion County Courthouse located at:
7 North Vermilion St
Danville, Illinois 61832-5806
Circuit Court Clerk Dennis R. Gardner
We encourage you to contact our Vermillion County medical malpractice law offices by calling (888) 424-5757 today to schedule your free, comprehensive recompense case review. You are not required to make an upfront payment to receive our legal services immediately. Our fees are paid only after we have successfully resolved your wrongful death lawsuit or medical malpractice case by negotiating an acceptable out of court settlement on your behalf or winning your case at trial in front of a judge and jury.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.