Presence St. Marys Hospital Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Presence St. Mary's Hospital is a 182-bed “not for profit" medical center providing services and cares for residents of Kankakee and Kankakee County, Illinois the facility is located at:
500 West Court Street
Kankakee, IL 60901
In addition to providing emergency care and surgical services to the local community, Presence St. Mary’s Hospital offers other services that include:
- Dialysis care
- Nutrition and diabetes education
- Cardiovascular care
- Cancer care
- Rehabilitation services
- Pulmonary services
- Palliative care
- Sports medicine and orthopedics
- Occupational health
- Laboratory services
- Infusion care
- Immediate care
- Adult addiction services
- Adolescent and adult behavioral services
- Wound care
- Hyperbaric therapy
- Women’s health
- Weight loss surgery
In a comparison analysis involving all medical centers and hospitals in the United States, Presence St. Mary's Hospital maintains an overall “B+” score, ranking it in the 65th percentile. The calculated ranking uses publicly available information including reported complications, overall patient satisfaction, and patient flow. A low through medium score might indicate a high percentage of medical mistakes and errors happening at this hospital.
The emergency department at Presence St. Mary’s Hospital is critical in providing emergent and critical care to the local community. Analytics MD collects information to determine the percentile ranking of crucial care and services provided by every hospital in the US. Currently, the percentile rankings for the emergency department at this facility involve:
- Incoming Patient Flow (39th percentile) – This measurement reveals the efficiency of how patients arriving at the emergency department are seen and evaluated.
- Discharge Patient Flow (66 percentile) – This measurement reveals the efficiency of how less sick patients were treated before being discharged from the emergency department.
- Admitted Patient Flow (42nd percentile) – This measurement reveals the efficiency of how sicker patients are treated during the admission process to the facility from the emergency department.
- Frustrated Patients (35th percentile) – This measurement reveals the level of frustration patients feel when leaving the emergency department after their discharge.
- Overall Patient Satisfaction (79th percentile) – This measurement reveals the patient’s experience in all departments in the hospital.
Illinois State Designations
Presence St Marys Hospital maintains three specific state designations that include:
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP)
- Perinatal II
- Trauma Center Level II
Central Line Bloodstream Infections and Surgical Site Infections
The Illinois Department of Public Health monitors and evaluates data reported at all medical centers and hospitals statewide involving Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections (CLABSIs) and Surgical Site Infections (SSIs). This information determines whether the cares and services provided by the hospital are statistically better or worse in the national average. For the year 2015, the central line associated bloodstream infections and surgical site infections rates involved:
- Central Line Associated Bloodstream Infection in the Adult Surgical ICU – 1 infection incident out of 670 central line days. The Department of Public Health determined that this rate was not significantly better or worse than the national average.
- Surgical Site Infections Associated with Total Knee Replacement Surgery – 0 infections out of 146 procedures.
Patient Safety Concerns and Bloodstream Infection Rates
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) collects information evaluated by the Illinois Department of Public Health involving patient safety concerns and bloodstream infections including Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and Clostridium difficile infection (CDI). These measurements are used to determine potential complications and adverse effects involving patients after surgeries and procedures. For the year 2015, the bloodstream infection rate and patient safety concerns involving Presence St. Mary’s Hospital include:
- Facility-Acquired Incident Rate of Clostridium Difficile Infections (CDI) – 14 infections out of 18,993 patient days.
- Blood Transfusion Reactions – 1 incident.
- Accidental Laceration or Puncture Rate – 0.66 per 1000 patients or 2 incidents out of 4550 patients. This number was nearly 1/3 less than the Illinois state average of 1.45 per 1000 patients.
- Postoperative Blood Clotting (Deep Vein Thrombosis) or Lung Embolism Rate – 3.29 per 1000 patients or 3 incidents out of 840 patients. This number is statistically lower than the Illinois state average of 5.62 per 1000 patients.
- Postoperative Hematoma or Hemorrhage Rate – 1.59 per 1000 patients or 1 incident out of 781 patients. This number is approximately one-third less than the Illinois state average of 4.46 per 1000 patients.
- Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate – 16.28 per 1000 patients or six incidents out of 378 patients. This is statistically twice as high as the Illinois state average of 8.04 per 1000 patients.
Kankakee Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If your loved one was the victim of medical malpractice while a patient at Presence St. Mary’s Hospital, contact the Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC law firm now. Our Kankakee personal injury attorneys have represented clients with victim cases involving medical mistakes. With our years of success, our attorneys can assist your family in resolving your financial recompense case against all those who caused your loved one harm.
Let our team of attorneys file and handle every aspect of your case in the appropriate court. In Kankakee County, the court is located at:
450 E. Court St.
Kankakee, IL 60901
Circuit Court Clerk Sandra Cianci
Schedule your free, no-obligation comprehensive financial claim review today by calling our Kankakee County medical malpractice law offices at (888) 424-5757. We accept every medical mistake or error claim for compensation through contingency fee arrangements. All information you share with our office remains confidential.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.