Presence Saint Francis Hospital Malpractice Lawyers
Presence Saint Francis Hospital is a 259-bed facility providing medical services to Evanston and Cook County Illinois. The facility is located at:
- 355 Ridge Ave.
- Evanston, IL 60202
- (847) 316-4000
The Magnet-designated hospital is part of Presence Health, which is formally known as Provena Health and Resurrection Health Care.
Illinois State Designations
The Presence Saint Francis Hospital of Evanston, Illinois maintains four specific state designations that include:
As a Level II perinatal medical facility with extended capabilities, Presence Saint Francis Hospital offers extended neonatal capabilities to women of childbearing age. This provides a level of intermediate medical care to pregnant women and a high level of complex medical care to newborns, when necessary. However, the hospital does not maintain a neonatal intensive care nursery, but does offer a special care nursery overseen by a specifically trained neonatologist to provide special care to newborns.Trauma Center I
As a part of the Illinois trauma system, the hospital offers Level I emergency medical services to the community. This means it must maintain a helicopter landing capacity and provide every essential service for emergency medical treatment at the facility 24 hours a day. The medical director at the hospital also serves as the trauma surgeon. In addition, Presence Saint Francis Hospital provides specialty and subspecialty services including surgical care, anesthesiology, emergency medicine, intensive care and radiology.Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP)
To maintain the EDAP designation, the hospital must provide specialized medical professionals with specific training in pediatric critical and emergency care. In addition, the medical center must adequately staff the facility and provide provisions for pediatric backup support and consultation, and be equipped with pediatric medications, supplies and equipment.Magnet Recognition
Presence Saint Francis Hospital maintains a Magnet recognition because of their commitment to use professional “best nursing practices” and follow a model of health care emphasizing patient advocacy, patient care coordination and nursing accountability.
Hospitals and medical centers throughout Illinois are required to participate in programs effective at reducing infection rates acquired by patients during their stay. As required by law, all Illinois medical facilities must send facility-acquired infection reports to the National Health Safety Network (NHSN) surveillance system managed by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention).
The accumulated 2014 data of all infections acquired at Presence Saint Francis Hospital reported between 01/01/2014 at 12/31/2014 that includes:
- Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infection (CLABSI) Incidents Include:
- Infection developed in the adult surgical cardiothoracic intensive care unit – 1 infection incident out of 806 central line days.
- CDI and MRSA Bloodstream Infection Incidents Include:
- CDI (Clostridium difficile infection) onset incident rate – 37 infection incidents of 37,984 patient days.
- MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus onset incident rate – 1 infection incident out of 40,714 patient days.
Patient Safety Concerns
The Illinois Department of Public health maintains discharge information reported by hospitals and medical centers as a way to monitor patient safety measures to detect potential problems. Between 10/01/2013 and 09/30/2014, the patient safety concerns at Presence Saint Francis Hospital involved:
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (Blood Clotting) or Postoperative Lung Embolism – 5 incidences out of 1550 patients.
- Accidental Lacerations or Puncture Wounds – 3 incidents out of 6310 patients.
- Abdominal Wall Surgeries with Wound Complications – 1 incident out of 244 patients.
- Postoperative Respiratory Failure – 4 incidents out of 601 patients.
- Postoperative Hematomas and Hemorrhages – 7 incidents out of 1509 patients.
- Unexpected Deaths – 2 unexpected deaths out of 1224 patients, which is statistically significantly worse as compared to the Illinois state average of all other hospitals and medical facilities.
If you, or a loved one, have been harmed after being admitted to Presence St. Francis Hospital, your injuries may be the result of medical errors, mistakes or malpractice. The experienced personal injury attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC serve as aggressive advocates for patients all across Illinois. We accept Evanston medical malpractice cases, wrongful death claims and personal injury lawsuits on contingency, meaning you pay no upfront fees or retainers. We encourage you to schedule your free initial consultation by calling our law offices today, so we can discuss your case to receive the financial compensation you deserve.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.