Presence Mercy Medical Center is a 293-bed facility providing progressive technology medical solutions and high-quality health care to residents of Aurora and the Greater Western Chicago area. The medical center is located at:
1325 North Highland Ave.
Aurora, IL 60506
The medical center provides various key services to the local community that are covered by more than 430 physicians. The services include:
- Trauma center level II
- Pediatric care covered by neonatologists and pediatric specialists
- Behavioral health including addiction care
- Maternal/child services through the center’s level II specialty care nursery
- Robotic surgery
- G.I. care
- Joint replacement program
- Diabetes Wellness Center
- Cardiovascular services
- Occupational health
Patients have access to the hospital’s certified Primary Stroke Center.
When evaluated against all other hospitals in the United States, Presence Mercy Medical Center maintains an overall “B-” score, ranking the facility in the 42nd percentile. The statistical data is based on various factors concerning the hospital including staff responsiveness, admittance flow, patient frustration levels, emergency services provided, patient satisfaction, cost efficiency and all adverse events that could be associated with medical malpractice.
Illinois State Designations
Illinois provide state designations to medical facilities, health care centers and hospitals statewide. Currently, Presence Mercy Medical Center maintains three specific designations that include:
Trauma Center II
The facility provides the community essential emergency services around-the-clock and other services within 60 minutes seven days a week, 24 hours a day.Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP)
Presence Mercy Medical Center participates in the EDAP program through the statewide approved emergency medical system. This means the facility provides the highest level 24/7 emergency care to pediatric patients. In addition, the extended perinatal services are designed to identify and treat high risk pregnant women of childbearing age along with fetuses or newborns.Perinatal II+
Because of its Level II+ perinatal designation, the facility can provide extended neonatal services to pregnant women and newborns who require complex care. Why the facility does not maintain a neonatal intensive care nursery, it does provide extended care through a specialty care nursery that is managed by a certified neonatologist.
Every medical center, hospital and health care center in Illinois is required to participate in infection control programs designed to minimize the number of patients acquiring infections during a hospital stay. Through proven protocols, procedures and guidelines, medical centers and hospitals can diminish or eliminate the potential risk of patients developing infections after surgeries and procedures. The most current data showing the number of hospital-acquired infections happening at Presence Mercy Medical Center include:
- Total Knee Replacement Surgery-Associated Surgical Site Infections (SSIs) Rate from 07/01/2013 to 06/30/2014 – 1 infection incident out of 113 procedures
- Clostridium Difficile Infections (CDI) Bloodstream Infections Onset Incident Rate from 01/01/2014 to 12/31/2014 – 23 infection incidents out of 50,626 patient days
Patient Safety Concerns
The state collects discharge information of medical centers and hospitals statewide, gathered by the Illinois Department of Public Health that outlines the statistics on adverse complications and events. Currently, the safety concerns involving Presence Mercy Medical Center that occurred between 10/01/2014 and 09/30/2014 include:
- Foreign Body Left in the Patient during a Procedure – 1 incident
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (Clotting) or Postoperative Lung Embolism – 6 incidents out of 1498 patients
- Abdominal Wall Surgery-Associated Wound Complications – 1 incident out of 208 patients
- Medical Care-Associated Collapsed Lung – 5 incidents out of 7455 patients
- Accidental Lacerations or Punctures – 7 incidents out of 7885 patients
- Postoperative Respiratory Failure – 3 incidents out of 437 patients
- Postoperative Hematomas or Hemorrhages – 7 incidences out of 1456 patients
Aurora, Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you, or your loved one, have suffered harm or injury after being admitted to Presence Mercy Medical Center, your damages could have been caused by medical malpractice. The reputable personal injury attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers can take immediate medical steps to ensure your rights are protected while you seek justice and obtain financial recompense for your injuries. Our team of experienced medical malpractice lawyers accept all wrongful death lawsuits and personal injury claims for financial compensation on contingency. This means all of your legal services are provided immediately without paying any upfront retainer or fee. Call our law offices today for your free case evaluation.