Serving Illinois and Nationwide
Premises Liability Lawyer in Chicago
Under Illinois law, the owner of the premises is responsible for providing a safe environment for any people who have the right to be on or near their property. The Chicago premises liability attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers represent the interests of anyone who has suffered personal harm due to the failure of a property owner to take reasonable steps to ensure that the building is safe to those who use or occupy it.
People Injured on the Property of Others
If you have been injured on someone else's property, you may be entitled to recover financial damages to help with your medical bills and to offset your out-of-pocket expenses and lost wages during your physical recovery. Complete our online contact form for a free case evaluation with a premises liability attorney in Illinois.
Do You Have Grounds to Pursue a Premises Liability Lawsuit?
Simply put, premises liability is the legal responsibility of a property owner or manager to take reasonable steps to prevent injuries on the property. Whenever an accident occurs, it is critical that premises liability lawyers investigate whether the property owner either knew or should have known of the hazard that caused the injury or made sure that the property was constructed and maintained according to building codes and ordinances. Examples of Chicago personal injury cases that fall under the area of premises liability law include the following:
- Slip, trip, and fall accidents, which are the most common source of injury in the United States and may occur due to improperly maintained stairways, hallways, or walkways. Owners are expected to keep these communal areas clean and ensure that they are appropriately lit so that people can see where they are walking. Sidewalks should be kept free of ice and debris.
- The presence of biohazards such as lead, mold, and carbon monoxide that may present a risk of harm to tenants and their guests. It is the responsibility of property owners to inspect their properties regularly to ensure that there are no gas leaks and that furnaces, stoves, carbon monoxide detectors, and smoke detectors are working correctly.
- Drowning accidents that are due to the failure of the property owner to keep the pool area secure and closed off from the public while unsupervised.
- Structural defects, such as poorly designed balconies. Property owners are required to repair and maintain their buildings so that residents or visitors are not subject to injury when a structure collapses.
Our Chicago premises liability lawyers regularly represent people in claims and lawsuits involving incidents such as slip-and-fall accidents that occur at the homes of friends or family members, and we understand that you may be hesitant to seek legal representation following an injury. While such a claim may appear to be awkward on paper, the reality is that the property owner's insurance policy covers the cost of compensating the victim for their injuries. In other words, the owner of the property rarely pays any claims or judgment out of their pocket.
We have experience negotiating settlements with property owners' insurance companies in the best interests of our clients related to all types of personal injury and wrongful death claims involving premises liability law. We believe that neither you nor your family should bear the cost of your medical treatment and other incidental expenses because somebody else failed to act responsibly. A property injury lawyer will find a way to recover compensation on your behalf that is fair and covers the full cost of your recovery.
Why You may Need a Property Injury Lawyer
To recover compensation for injuries sustained in a Chicago premises liability accident, you must establish that the negligence of a company or individual is responsible for your incident. In the case of premises liability lawsuits, merely getting injured at the home or business of another is not enough to obtain compensation from them.
Illinois tort law places the burden on the injured party to establish that the negligence of the landowner caused an incident. Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers knows the laws applicable to premises liability cases, and our staff understands what evidence needs to be gathered to win these cases. We regularly collect the following materials when prosecuting cases involving Chicago premises liability accidents:
- Medical records and bills
- Incident reports
- Statements from witnesses
- Photos of the area where an incident took place
- Reports of engineers and architects
- Wage loss verifications from employers
- Narrative reports from treating physicians to establish the extent of the injury and disability
- Deeds and other documents to verify ownership or control of a property
Some of the above materials may seem unnecessary. But when the defending parties know that we are ready to litigate a case, they tend to view the lawsuit more seriously than if we were only to gather the bare basics. Our premises liability lawyers' intensive case preparation can generate a more substantial and faster settlement for our clients.
Compensation for a Chicago Premises Liability or Slip-and-Fall Lawsuit
Whenever a property injury lawyer evaluates the value of a personal injury case, we consider the past and future expenses that you are likely to incur. We take into account your medical bills, the cost of rehabilitative therapy, any wages that you will lose during your time away from work, your pain and suffering, and any other out-of-pocket expenses. Our access to architects, economists, and medical professionals helps us assess the value of your case more accurately. A premises liability lawyer in Chicago will help you find the resources you need to receive the best medical care throughout your recovery.
To learn more about your legal options and rights following an injury, contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers right now to speak with a premises liability attorney in Illinois. Our consultations are completely free of charge, and we only collect a fee for our services after we have secured the compensation you are entitled to on your behalf.
Illinois Premises Liability Regulations, News, and Resources
- Apartment Building Accidents
- Automatic Door Accidents
- Balcony Railing Accidents
- Bleacher Accidents
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Chicago Hotel & Motel Accidents
- Children Injured on Property
- Condominium Accidents
- Costco Accidents
- Deck and Porch Collapses
- Department Store Accidents
- Dram Shop Liability
- Elevator Accidents
- Escalator Accidents
- Falling Merchandise
- Fire & Smoke Alarm Failure
- Garage Door Accidents
- Gym Accidents
- Home & Fire Explosion Attorney
- Home Depot Accidents
- Illinois Casino Accidents
- Inadequate Maintenance of Property
- Inadequate Security
- Lawyers Helping Students Injured on College Campuses In Illinois
- Lowes Accidents
- Plate Glass Injury
- Premises Liability FAQs
- Premises Liability Wrongful Death
- Shopping Mall Accidents
- Space Heater Fires
- Stairway Falls
- Supermarket Accidents
- Swimming Pool Injury and Drownings
- Target Store Accident
- Tree Accidents
- Walmart Accidents
- Ziplining Accident Accident & Wrongful Death Lawyers
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.