Portage Park Personal Injury Lawyers
Patients placed their trust in doctors, nurses, hospitals and other medical professionals to ensure they receive the best treatment promptly. Unfortunately, the conditions of many patients are misdiagnosed, or there is a delay in their diagnosis that allows a life-debilitating medical problem to become significantly worse before it is identified correctly. Other individuals suffer serious injuries or die from a substandard level of medical care. The medical mistake injury attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC have assisted many of our clients and their surviving family members to ensure they secure maximum medical malpractice settlements or win their wrongful death lawsuit.
Statistics maintained by the AMA (American Medical Association) reveal that medical mistakes in America result in more than 100,000 fatalities every year, at a rate significantly higher than those killed on U.S. highways and roads.What is Medical Malpractice?
The legal and medical world uses the term “medical malpractice” to describe lawsuits and claims filed by plaintiffs against medical professionals who are believed to have performed a substandard level of medical practice to their patient. Usually, a case is built on the action or omission of action of the hospital, medical center or medical professional that led to the injury or death of the patient. When the claim is filed, the injured party is recognized as the plaintiff in the case that is filed against the defendants which could be the doctor, nurse, medical business, or other professional. Most medical malpractice cases handled by our law firm involve:
- Negligent Action – Any mistake in a medical sending that harms the patient can be considered a negligent action. The error could include incorrectly prescribing a drug or prescribing a contraindicated medication, failing to monitor the patient properly, making a surgical mistake, failing to treat a bedsore, or failing to follow up with the patient properly regarding their need for testing or treatment that is based on their diagnostic test results.
- Misdiagnoses – The healthcare professional uses medical tests as an effective diagnostic tool to identify serious conditions including cardiac ailments, cancer, lung disease and others. Mistakes that could be considered medical malpractice could include:
- The doctor failed to order the test.
- The doctor delayed testing until it is too late and the condition has been allowed to progress.
- The results of the test are never given to the patient to inform them that they have a serious condition that needs treatments.
Malpractice can also extend to misinterpreting or incorrectly interpreting healthcare problems or diagnosing in an untimely manner after the disease has progressed extensively to the point where it changes the patient’s prognosis.
- Birth Injury – It is the responsibility of the obstetrician to provide prenatal care, delivery care, and immediate post-delivery care of the child. Every doctor, nurse, and health care professional providing services to the mother and child must adhere to the medical standards of care to maximize the safety of the mother’s pregnancy and the child’s birth. Any failure to interpret obstetric ultrasound studies properly, or prescribe the wrong drug or insufficient medications could be considered medical malpractice. So too could failing to perform or order a cesarean section when required or improperly using vacuums and forceps that cause crushing injuries to the newborn.
- Hospital or Medical Center Negligence – The nursing staff, doctors, and administration at the hospital or medical center also make mistakes including a patient record mix up, surgical mistake, medication error, or a lack of communication between medical professionals, pharmacist, nurses, and doctors that led to injuries and death.
Other common forms of mistakes involved in medical malpractice cases include mismanaging an infection, performing a surgical procedure on the wrong body part, unnecessary surgeries, or prematurely discharging the patient before they are healthy enough to leave the care of the medical team.
Nearly all our medical malpractice lawsuits and claims are filed against the hospital, doctor and nursing staff. However, there also other healthcare providers and medical specialists working at the center or hospital who might also be culpable in causing the patient’s harm, injury or death. These include laboratory technicians, optometrist, therapist, pharmacist, outpatient medical help teams, and chiropractors along with dentists and others in the healthcare industry.About Chicago’s Portage Park Neighborhood
Chicago’s northwest side is home to Portage Park bordered by Irving Park, Harwood Heights, Dunning, Forrest Glen, and Jefferson Park. Residents and visitors enjoy the Six Corners Outdoor Shopping District. The community was established beginning in the 1850s with the incorporation of Jefferson Township and a huge swath of land that made way for the World’s Colombian Expedition in 1889.
The community mostly contains residential neighborhoods and two business districts. Residents, workers, and visitors have access to all the Chicago metropolitan area from the Portage Park neighborhood through the Metra Blue Line at Montrose Station along the Kennedy Expressway in addition to the Mayfair Station stop were commuters can take the Milwaukee District/North Line.
While the community got its name from the actual Portage Park, there are other neighborhood parks including Chopin, Dickenson, Dunham, Wilson, Lucy Gonzalez-Parsons, and Grace Zwiefka-Thuis Parks. The Chicago Public Schools system operates numerous schools in the community including six elementary schools and two public high schools (Charles Schurz & Edwin G. Foreman). There are also five private elementary schools in the community.Portage Park Neighborhood Contact Information
Ward 30 Alderman Ariel E. Reboyras
3559 N. Milwaukee Ave.
Chicago, IL 60641
Ward 36 Alderman Gilbert Villegas
6934 W. Diversey Ave.
Chicago, IL 60607
Ward 31 Alderman Milly Santiago
2521 N. Pulaski Rd.
Chicago, IL 60639
Portage Park Neighborhood Association
BNI Chicago Loop
2552 W. Armitage Ave
Chicago, IL 60647
Portage Park Chamber of Commerce
5829 W. Irving Park Rd.
Chicago, IL 60634
Six Corners Association
4041 N. Milwaukee Ave.
Chicago, IL 60641
Do you suspect that your loved one is the victim of medical malpractice where a doctor, nurse or facility causes extensive injuries or death? If so, the state of Illinois offers you the legal opportunity to pursue civil action against every party liable for your damages. The compassionate attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC understand the anger, grief, and disbelief that the hospital or medical professionals could harm your loved one through substandard care. Let us provide you legal representation, counsel, and advice so we can build your case and take action to hold those responsible for the harm financially accountable to your family.
Our legal team has successfully resolved hundreds of medical malpractice cases. We have the legal resources and years of experience in standing up against aggressive insurance carriers who represent doctors and hospitals. We build convincing cases with evidence that supports our claim for financial compensation to ensure you receive the highest level of monetary recovery possible. We accept all wrongful death lawsuits and personal injury compensation claims through contingency arrangements. This agreement allows us to begin working on your case immediately without the need to be making an upfront payment. We get paid for our services only after we have successfully resolved your case in a court of law or negotiated an acceptable out of court settlement on your behalf.
Contact us today by calling (888) 424-5757 or fill in the online intake form now. Let us discuss your case and provide numerous legal options on how to best proceed. We understand the pain and suffering your family has endured and wish to help you seek monetary recompense to make your life whole again, if only financially.