Pinckneyville Community Hospital Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Pinckneyville Community Hospital is a 17-certified-bed government-operated Facility providing services to residents of Pinckneyville and Perry County, Illinois. The ‘not for profit’ Hospital is located at:
101 North Walnut Street
Pinckneyville, IL 62274
Along with providing emergency care services to the local community, Pinckneyville Community Hospital also offers:
- Imaging services and laboratory testing
- Acute care
- Transitional care
- Respiratory therapy
- Cancer care
- Wound care
Comparing this facility to other medical centers and hospitals throughout the U.S., Pinckneyville Community Hospital maintains an overall “B+” score, ranking it in the 61st percentile. According to Analytics MD, the facility’s calculated ranking used publicly available data that includes patient satisfaction, staff responsiveness, physician/patient communication, the length of stay, patient flow, and reported complications. Low percentile scores might indicate a high percentage of medical errors, mistakes and malpractice negligence happening at the hospital.
The level of care provided by any hospital’s emergency department is crucial to the local community. The publicly available information provides an insight of how the hospital’s responds in providing emergent and critical care to those in need. Currently, the percentile rankings involving emergent care at the Pinckneyville Community Hospital Emergency Department involves:
- Incoming Patient Flow (60th percentile) – This ranking measurement reveals the efficiency of how patients are initially seen and evaluated in the emergency room.
- Discharged Patient Flow (60th percentile) – This ranking measurement reveals how efficiently the medical team treats less sick patients who will be discharged from the emergency room.
- Admitted Patient Flow (25th percentile) – This low-ranking measurement reveals how the medical team treats sicker patients who are admitted to the hospital from the emergency room.
- Frustrated Patients (50th percentile) – This ranking measurement reveals the level of frustration patients feel when leaving the emergency room after receiving care.
- Overall Patient Satisfaction (74 percentile) – This ranking measurement reveals the overall patient experience when receiving care in all hospital departments.
The United States Department of Health and Human Services releases readmission rates of every medical center nationwide. This data is important in understanding the level of care the facility provides. Every hospital and medical facility will have a certain percentage of patients that will be readmitted due to an unexpected complication or a failing transition back to their home or nursing facility after their hospital discharge. This publicly available information can be found on the federal government’s Hospital Compare website. The readmission rates for Pinckneyville Community Hospital between 07/01/2012 at 06/30/2015 include:
- Pneumonia Patients Who Required Readmittance to the Hospital within 30 Days after Their Discharge – 18.9 percent, which is slightly higher than the Illinois state average of 17.56 percent.
- Heart Failure Patients Who Were Readmitted to the Hospital within 30 Days after Their Discharge – 22.6 percent, which is nearly identical to the Illinois state average of 22.09 percent.
Thirty-Day Mortality Rate and Inpatient Mortality Rate
The HHS Hospital Compare website collects measurement indicators that could determine the adverse outcome and quality level of care involving patient mortalities within 30 days after the patient has been admitted to the facility. Information collected by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) on short-term mortality rate is monitored by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) on the level of care the hospital provides.
The thirty-day mortality rate and inpatient mortality rate for Pinckneyville Community Hospital between 07/01/2012 and 06/30/2015 include:
- Pneumonia Patients Who Died within 30 Days after Being Admitted to the Facility – 17.6 percent, which is slightly higher than the Illinois state average of 16.32 percent.
- Heart Failure Patients Who Died within 30 Days after Being Admitted to the Hospital – 11.7 percent, which is nearly identical to the Illinois state average of 11.83 percent.
- Pneumonia Patient Risk-Adjusted Mortality Rate – 118.41 per 1000 patients or 3 incidents out of 49 patients. This risk-adjusted rate is more than five times higher than the Illinois state average of 23.48 per 1000 patients. The IDPH determined that this mortality rate was “statistically significantly worse than the state average.”
Filing a Claim for Medical Malpractice
Any medical mistake or error occurring in the facility could be deemed medical malpractice. Victims of malpractice in Illinois hospitals and medical centers are provided the opportunity to file a claim for compensation to recover their monetary damages that could include:
- Past, ongoing and future medical expenses associated with the injury
- Lost wages
- The loss of any of earning potential in the future due to the injury
- Intangible damages including mental anxiety, pain, and suffering
- Wrongful death
Pinckneyville Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you believe that your loved one has suffered injury or died prematurely by medical malpractice while a patient at Pinckneyville Community Hospital, call Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today. Our skilled malpractice case attorneys can file and successfully resolve your medical malpractice claim to hold those who caused your loved one harm financially accountable, and file all the necessary paperwork in the appropriate courthouse at.
P.O. Box 219
Pinckneyville, Illinois 62274
We urge you to contact our Perry County medical malpractice law office at (888) 424-5757 to schedule your appointment today. Speak with one of our experienced lawyers for legal answers during a free comprehensive, no-obligation case evaluation. Our law firm does not require any upfront payment because we accept all medical malpractice cases on contingency.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.