Being involved in an action with minor injuries can be crucial to your financial future, especially if you have extensive medical and hospital bills to pay. If you are unable to return to work, your financial burden can become devastating especially if the accident left you with permanent disabilities. If the accident was a result of the negligence of another person or organization, you have the legal right to seek immediate financial recovery. However, these cases are complicated. The personal injury attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC are ready to help.
For decades, our legal team has assisted countless victims in the Chicagoland area, including those in the Pilsen neighborhood. Our team of legal experts protect the rights of our clients and seek maximum financial compensation to cover their physical, psychological, emotional and mental injuries, along with past, current and future medical bills, lost wages, loss potential of earning a living in the future, suffering, pain, and mental anguish.
Protecting Your Rights
Most individuals who have been victimized by the negligence, recklessness or intentional actions of others remain unaware that they have legal rights that need to be protected. Receiving the best legal advice can be crucial when seeking to obtain financial recompense for your damages. Our attorneys recommend hiring a law firm to handle your case. Studies show that individuals that have legal representation receive three times more compensation than an individual going it alone. This statistic alone should indicate it is better to hire a lawyer to fight for what you deserve.
If you believe that you are entitled to receive compensation only for your medical bills and lost wages, our team of attorneys will fight for all your damages, both compensatory and punitive. Your compensatory damages will include economic and non-economic relief. If allowed, the jury at your lawsuit trial might choose to award you punitive damages to punish the defendant for their egregious action that caused your harm in the hopes that it does not happen again. Common compensatory damages include:
- Medical Bills – Your injuries likely generated extensive medical bills and the cost of hospitalization, therapy, and rehabilitation.
- Missed Wages – If your injuries resulted in your inability to return to work, or hinder your capacity to work in the future, your personal injury attorney can help seek financial compensation for your lost time away from your job. If you could return to work but are unable to perform your job sufficiently, you may be entitled to receive the estimated income potential you could have made.
- Property Damage – If the accident destroyed, damaged or lost your personal property, you could be entitled to receive financial compensation. This can include the repair or replacement of your vehicle damage during the crash.
- Loss of Consortium – While not every law firm will seek compensation for your loss of consortium, our attorneys will argue for that on your behalf. We will be able to prove in court that your injuries resulted in a negative impact on your marriage or partnership in that you once had a healthy emotional connection that has been somehow diminished or destroyed due to the accident.
- Pain and Suffering – In addition to seeking financial recompense for your economic damages like hospitalization and medical bills, our attorneys will fight for your right to claim compensation for your pain, suffering, mental anguish and emotional trauma that has occurred as a result of the accident or event that caused your harm.
- Punitive Damages – The judge or jury may decide to place a financial penalty on the defendant to make a point that their actions constitute punitive damages. However, these penalties are difficult to quantify, and are available and only the most horrific cases.
The Statute of Limitations
If you are the victim of a severe injury and qualify to receive financial compensation, you must file a claim or lawsuit before the Illinois statute of limitation has expired. If you fail to do so, you forfeit your legal rights to ever file a claim. This strict law does not provide exceptions because you did not know the law or understand that the paperwork must be filed promptly. The extenuating circumstances revolving around the discovery rule can extend the deadline in cases where the victim was unaware that they did have an injury. However, the law is complicated and requires the skills of a personal injury attorney specializes in civil tort law.
About the Pilsen Illinois Neighborhood
The Pilsen neighborhood community area includes the Chicago Lower Westside just southwest of the Loop. Czech immigrants moved into the area in the late 1800s, naming the community Plzen after one of the largest cities in the Czech Republic. Other ethnic groups including the Austrians, Croats, Slovenes, and Slovaks also took up residence in the newly formed Pilsen neighborhood.
By the early 1960s, many Latinos, especially those of Mexican descent, relocated into the community, which now boasts the National Museum of Mexican Art in the neighborhood. The National Register of Historic Places listed the Pilsen historic district on their rosters in 2006.
Pilsen neighborhood residents and visitors have access to the Chicago metropolitan area on the BNSF railway line that stops at 18th and Western, and 16th and Halsted. Residents can also take the Chicago Transit Authority Pink line and CTA bus services. Numerous primary and secondary schools operated by the Chicago Public Schools system operated in the community along with charter and alternative high schools and parochial schools.
Pilsen Neighborhood Contact Information
Ward 25 Alderman Daniel Solis
1800 South Blue Island Avenue
Ward 2 Alderman Brian Hopkins
1400 N. Ashland Ave.
Chicago, IL 60622
Ward 11 Alderman Patrick Thompson
3650 S. Halsted St.
Chicago, IL 60609
Ward 12 Alderman George A. Cardenas
2458 W. 38th St.
Chicago, IL 60632
Ward 28 Alderman Jason Ervin
259 N. Pulaski Road
Chicago, IL 60624
Pilsen Neighbors Community Council
2026 S. Blue Island Avenue
Chicago, IL 60608
135 S. LaSalle St., Suite 2230
Chicago, IL 60603
Many victims are unaware that the legal action they are about to undertake to seek financial compensation can be extensive, complicated and difficult to follow. Because of that, hiring an attorney make sense. Often, the insurance company is eager to deny or delay a claim for recompense or offer an amount so low that the victim is unable to pay their existing accident-related bills.
Other times, the insurance carrier will use their attorneys who use the law to squash a case to avoid paying any compensation at all. This is especially true if the victim is unable to prove any tangible damages, which the insurance carrier might determine to be of no value. By law, the victim must prove that there are damages and that they occurred because of the actions of the defendant.
Why Hire Our Law Firm?
Typically, the claim for compensation will never have to go to court where evidence is presented in front of a judge and jury. Most of our cases are resolved through a negotiated out of court settlement. If you, or a loved one, have suffered an injury in an accident that was not your fault, it is time to file a claim for compensation to ensure that the expense of your injuries, damages and lost wages is recouped before the statute of limitations has expired.
We encourage you to contact our Pilsen neighborhood law offices today by calling (888) 424-5757 or fill out our online intake form now. The personal injury attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC can handle every aspect of your case from filing a claim to negotiating a settlement or presenting your lawsuit case in front of judge and jury. We accept all personal injury cases through contingency fee arrangements. This agreement means that you avoid making any upfront payment and we are paid only after we have secured your compensation. If we are unable to secure financial recovery on your behalf, you owe us nothing for our legal fees.
- Andersonville Illinois Neighborhood
- Austin Illinois Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Boystown Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Chicago Personal Injury Attorney Serving the Bridgeport Neighborhood Area
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving the Bronzeville Neighborhood
- Bucktown Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Chinatown Illinois Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Residents of Englewood Illinois Neighborhood
- Gold Coast Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Grant Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving Residents of Humboldt Park Neighborhood
- Personal Injury Attorneys Providing Legal Services to Hyde Park Illinois Residents
- Jefferson Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Lincoln Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Lincoln Square Neighborhood
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving the Little Italy Neighborhood
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving the Logan Square Neighborhood
- Chicago Loop Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Magnificent Mile Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Millennium Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Near North Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Personal Injury Attorneys Providing Legal Services to The Near West Neighborhood
- Chicago’s North Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving the Old Town Neighborhood
- Portage Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Pullman Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving River North Neighborhood
- Riverdale Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Roseland Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Rogers Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Personal Injury Law Firm Serving South Shore Neighborhood
- Ukrainian Village Personal Injury Attorneys
- South Loop Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Office
- West Loop Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Wicker Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Wrigleyville Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys