As Tazewell County’s largest city, Pekin serves as the county seat in the metropolitan Peoria, Illinois area. Home to over 34,000 residents, the community of Pekin has a rich history dating back to the 1600s, when explorers traveling the Illinois River encountered Native American Kickapoo people living as far east as the Wabash River along the border of what is now Indiana.
Many residents enjoy the Mineral Springs Park located in town, along with the Marigold Festival held each year on the September weekend following Labor Day. During this time, the community comes alive with millions of marigolds planted by residents and volunteers, throughout the entire city.
The Pekin personal injury attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC represent residents and visitors of Pekin, Illinois who were injured at work or in an accident. Were you or your loved one injured on the job or in an accident? If so, we encourage you to contact our legal team today to discuss your rights and options on how to obtain compensation for your damages. Our legal team accepts all claims for compensation and lawsuits through contingency fee agreements. This arrangement postpones payment for legal services until after your case is resolved through a jury trial award or negotiated settlement. Every client is offered a “No Win/No-Fee” Guarantee, meaning if we are unable to obtain compensation for your family, you owe us nothing.
Hiring a Pekin Personal Injury Attorney
Residents of the community are often in need of hiring a Pekin personal injury attorney when they have suffered injuries caused by the neglectful or reckless actions of another. While many personal injury attorneys handle vehicle accidents, there are numerous other scenarios where victims suffer from an accident, incident or disease caused through neglect of another person at a skilled nursing facility, entity, company or workplace.
In fact, many victims are often injured in a slip and fall incident that could happen at the local mall, on the sidewalk, at work, on a construction site, or any location. When the injuries are a result of negligence or carelessness of another, a skilled Pekin personal injury lawyer can assist the victim in achieving financial compensation. The money acquired can pay down medical costs and ongoing expenses, along with financial recompense for any wages that are lost.Services Provided By Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC
Attorneys that are skilled in handling slip and fall injuries perform a variety of services to their clients in handling the case according to Illinois tort law. These services include:
- Estimating Ongoing and Future Expenses – An experienced Pekin personal injury attorney has all the necessary tools for calculating current accident-related expenses along with the potential medical bills in the future. The attorney can also calculate the amount of money necessary for treating the injuries that include physical therapy, rehabilitation, medical procedures and treatments.
- Collecting Evidence – Whether the claim will be settled directly with the insurance carrier, or require filing a lawsuit in Tazewell County, the attorney will collect all necessary evidence. This might include photographs, details of the accident scene and the victim’s medical documents. All of this evidence is used as a way to build a solid claim to determine fault.
- Determining Fault – A skilled Pekin accident attorney can establish responsibility and determine fault of the accident. Responsible parties might include the property owner, the tenant, management staff, or employees that neglected to provide a safe environment for the victim. By determining fault, the attorney can show proof how all responsible parties need to be held financially accountable for the injuries and damages suffered by the victim.
- Negotiating the Settlement – A skilled Pekin accident lawyer provides legal representation for their client throughout the negotiation process. The lawyer will speak directly to the insurance carrier to negotiate a fair settlement. If the claims adjuster does not provide adequate recompense, the lawyer will start the next step of filing a lawsuit in Tazewell County.
- Providing Legal Representation in Court – A skilled Pekin lawyer specializing in personal injury cases sometimes will file a lawsuit heard in front of a judge and jury. The skilled attorney will provide legal representation and handle every aspect of the lawsuit to achieve a successful conclusion.
It is essential to speak to an accident attorney as quickly as possible, after suffering a slip and fall accident. This is because Illinois has specific statute of limitation laws, where legal lawsuit or claim must be filed in a timely manner.
For information on cities in and around Pekin, please look at the pages below: