Pekin Hospital Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Pekin Hospital is a ‘not for profit’ 107-certified-bed medical center providing cares and services to residents of Pekin and Tazewell County, Illinois. The Facility is located at:
600 S. 13th St.
Pekin, IL 61554
Pekin Hospital is part of the Unity Point Health Care System. In addition to providing emergency care to the local community, the facility also offers other much-needed services that include:
- Rehabilitation services
- Pediatric care
- Diagnostic services
- Surgical services
- Home Health Care
- Women’s health
Analytics MD provides a comparison analysis of this facility to other U.S. hospitals and medical centers. Currently, Pekin Hospital maintains an overall “B” score, ranking it in the 56th percentile. The ranking is calculated using publicly available data that includes staff responsiveness, emergency care, patient flow, overall patient satisfaction, patient length of stay, quiet rooms, and reported complications. A medium to low score might indicate a high percentage of medical mistakes and errors that occur at the hospital.
The level of care the emergency department provides the local community is crucial to the patient’s health and well-being. Any delay in treatment could cause a significant problem. Data collected from nationwide emergency rooms are posted online in ranking percentiles to be used to compare against all other facilities. Currently, the Pekin Hospital emergency department ranking percentiles include:
- Incoming Patient Flow (57th percent) – This measurement indicates the efficiency of the nursing staff in evaluating the patient once they arrived at the emergency room.
- Discharged Patient Flow (93rd percentile) – This measurement indicates the efficiency of the medical team in providing treatment to less sick patients who will be discharged from the emergency room.
- Admitted Patient Flow (83rd percentile) – This measurement indicates the efficiency of the medical team in providing treatment to sicker patients who will need to be admitted to the hospital from the emergency room.
- Frustrated Patients (70th percentile) – This measurement indicates a level of frustration the patient experiences after receiving treatment and leaving the emergency room.
- Overall Patient Satisfaction (30th percentile) – This low measurement indicates the patient’s experience in every hospital department.
Pekin Hospital currently holds three state designations that include:
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics
- Baby Friendly
- Perinatal II
Bloodstream Infection Rate
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) monitors contagious infection rates for hospitals statewide using laboratory testing results from patients who have been at the facility for four days or longer. The statistical information can determine whether the bloodstream infection rates are higher or lower than the state average.
The IDPH specifically monitors Clostridium difficile infections (CDI) and Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). For 2015, the bloodstream infection rate for Pekin Hospital involved:
- Facility-Acquired CDI (Clostridium Difficile Infections) Incident Rate – 18 infections out of 15,455 patient days. The state of Illinois determined that this infection rate was “statistically significantly worse than the national average.
- Facility-Acquired MRSA (Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus) Infection Incident Rate – 2 infection incidents of 16,306 Patient Days.
Patient Safety Concerns
The Illinois Department of Public Health also monitors patient safety measures and inpatient quality indicators from data collected by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. The discharge data helps reveal potential in-house complications and adverse events that tend to occur after procedures and surgeries. For 2015, the patient safety concerns involving Pekin Hospital included:
- Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate – The risk-adjusted rate of 12.54 per 1000 or 2 incidents out of 325 patients was more than 1.5 times higher than the Illinois state average of 8.04 per 1000 patients.
- Postoperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate – The risk-adjusted rate of 7.68 per 1000 or 3 incidents out of 595 patients was nearly double the Illinois state average of 4.46 per 1000 patients.
- Accidental Puncture and Laceration Rate – The risk-adjusted rate of 1.63 per 1000 or 3 incidents out of 2776 patients was slightly higher than the Illinois state average of 1.45 per 1000 patients.
- Postoperative Deep Vein Thrombosis (Clotting) or Lung Embolism Rate – The risk-adjusted rate of 3.39 per 1000 or 2 incidents out of 616 patients was nearly half the Illinois state average of 5.62 per 1000 patients.
- Medical Care-Associated Collapsed Lung Rate – The risk-adjusted rate of 1.77 per 1000 or 4 incidents out of 2682 patients was more than 7 times the Illinois state average of 0.28 per 1000, which is statistically significantly worse than the state average.
Pekin Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If your loved one has suffered injury or harm while a patient at Pekin Hospital, call the Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC law offices now. Our team of Illinois personal injury attorneys can assist your family and successfully resolving your case for financial recompense against all parties who caused your loved one’s harm including the hospital, medical center, doctors, nurses and other healthcare providers or facility employees. Let our law firm file all necessary paperwork in the appropriate courthouse located at:
342 Court Street
Pekin, Illinois 61554
Circuit Court Clerk Lincoln C. Hobson
We urge you to contact our Tazewell County medical malpractice law office at (888) 424-5757 to schedule your appointment today. Speak with one of our experienced lawyers for legal answers during a comprehensive, no-obligation case evaluation. No upfront payments are required because our law firm accepts every wrongful death lawsuit and medical malpractice claim for compensation through contingency fee agreements.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.