OSF St. Joseph Medical Center Medical Malpractice Lawyers
OSF St Joseph Medical Center is a 149-certified-bed church-operated Medical Center providing services to residents of Bloomington and McLean County, Illinois. The ‘not for profit’ Hospital is located at:
2200 East Washington Street
Bloomington, IL 61701
Along with providing emergency care services to the local community, OSF Saint Joseph Medical Center offers other services that include:
- Cancer care
- Home health
- Primary care
- Women’s health care
- Weight loss management
- Transplant services
- Vascular and heart care
- Endocrinology and diabetes care
Analytics MD provides a comparative analysis of this facility to other U.S. hospitals and medical centers. Currently, OSF Saint Joseph Medical Center maintains an overall “B-” score, ranking it in the 46th percentile. The ranking is calculated using publicly available data that includes staff responsiveness, emergency care, nurse/patient communication, cost per patient day, patient flow, overall patient satisfaction and reported complications. A medium to low score might indicate a high percentage of medical mistakes and errors that occur at the hospital.
The level of critical and urgent care provided by OSF Saint Joseph Medical Center is crucial to the county. The publicly available information below provides valuable insight on how patients are treated in the emergency room. Currently, the percentile rankings involving the emergency department at this facility include:
- Incoming Patient Flow (30th percentile) – This low measurement reveals the inefficiency of how patients are seen and evaluated after arriving at the ER.
- Discharged Patient Flow (30th percentile) – This low measurement reveals the inefficiency of how less sick patients are treated before being discharged from the ER.
- Admitted Patient Flow (48th percentile) – This measurement reveals the efficiency of how the medical team provides treatment and cares for sicker patients who will be admitted to the hospital from the emergency room.
- Frustrated Patients (17th percentile) – This measurement reveals the level of frustration that patients feel after receiving care and leaving the ER.
- Overall Patient Satisfaction (86th percentile) – This high measurement reveals the overall patient experience after receiving cares in any department in the hospital.
OSF St Joseph Medical Center currently holds four state designations that include:
- Perinatal II
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP)
- Magnet Recognition
- Trauma Center Level II
Central Line Associated and Surgical Site Infection Rate
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) monitors central line-associated bloodstream infections (CLABSI) and surgical site infections as measurable indicators of whether the facility is providing a high-level standard of care. CLABSIs can occur in ICU (critical care units).
Surgical site infections are often associated with total knee replacement surgery and coronary artery bypass graft surgery (CABG). In the year 2015, the central line-associated bloodstream infection rate and surgical site infection rate for OSF Saint Joseph Medical Center involved:
- Adult Medical/Surgical ICU Central Line Associated Bloodstream Infection Rate – 1 infection incident out of 856 central line days.
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery-Associated Surgical Site Infection Rate – 1 infection incident out of 55 procedures.
- Total Knee Replacement Surgery-Associated Surgical Site Infection Rate – 3 infection incidents out of 242 procedures. The IDPH determine that this rate was “not statistically significantly better or worse than the national average.”
Bloodstream Infection Rate and Patient Safety Concerns
The Illinois Department of Public Health monitors facility-acquired infection incident rates involving highly contagious Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) and Clostridium Difficile Infection (CDI). This data is collected through laboratory test results obtained from hospital patients who have remained at the facility for four days or longer. The public health department uses this information to determine if the bloodstream infection rate for these transmittable diseases “are statistically different from the national average.”
In addition, the IDPH monitors data collected by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) to determine patient safety measures for potential adverse events and in-hospital complications that occur after procedures and surgeries. Currently, the bloodstream infection rate and patient safety concerns for 2015 at OSF Saint Joseph Medical Center include:
- MRSA Facility-Acquired Bloodstream Infection Rate – 1 infection out of 25,645 patient days.
- CDI Facility-Acquired Bloodstream Infection Rate – 8 infections out of 25,645 patient days.
- Unexpected Death Rate – 0.45 per 1000 or one unexpected death out of 1169 patients, which is more than twice the Illinois state average of 0.22 per 1000 patients.
Bloomington Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you have concluded that your loved one was injured or died unexpectedly by medical malpractice while a patient at OSF St Joseph Medical Center, contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today. Allow our skilled Bloomington attorneys to file and successfully resolve your medical malpractice case in the appropriate courthouse. In McLean County, the courthouse is located at:
104 West Front Street
Bloomington, Illinois 61702-2400
Circuit Court Clerk Donald R. Everhart, Jr.
Our law firm provides extensive case evaluations at no charge to you. There is no obligation to discuss the merits of your claim for compensation. Call our McLean County medical malpractice law offices today at (888) 424-5757. You are not required to make any upfront payment to receive immediate legal services. Our law firm is paid only after we have successfully resolved your wrongful death lawsuit or medical malpractice claim by winning your case at trial or negotiating an out of court settlement on your family’s behalf.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.