OSF Saint James - John W. Albrecht Medical Center Medical Malpractice Lawyers
OSF Saint James - John W Albrecht Medical Center is a 42-bed “not for profit” medical facility providing services and cares for residents of Pontiac and Livingston County, Illinois. The Center is located at:
2500 West Reynolds Street
Pontiac, IL 61764
In addition to providing emergency services to the community, the facility also offers:
- Pediatric care
- Cancer care
- Vascular and heart care
- Home health
- Transplant services
- Primary care
- Women’s health
- Endocrinology and diabetes
- Weight loss management
When comparing this facility to other hospitals and medical centers hospitals nationwide, OSF Saint James - John W Albrecht Medical Center maintains an overall “B” score, ranking it in the 52nd percentile. The calculated ranking uses publicly available information including reported complications, patient cost, emergency department initial assessment, patient satisfaction and patient flow. A median to low score is often indicative of a high percentage of medical errors and mistakes occurring at the facility.
Like every hospital in the United States, the emergency department at OSF Saint James Medical Center provides a valuable commodity to the local community. Determining the level of care at this facility can be accomplished by monitoring percentile ranks at low-volume emergency departments compared to all other facilities nationwide. Currently, OSF Saint James Medical Center rankings against nationwide hospitals include:
- Incoming Patient Flow (90th percentile) , measuring the efficiency that patients are evaluated in the emergency room.
- Discharged Patient Flow (68 percentile) , measuring the efficiency of how the staff treats less sick patients before discharging them from the emergency room.
- Admitted Patient Flow (54th percentile) , measuring the efficiency of how the staff treats sicker patients who must be admitted to the facility.
- Frustrated Patients (85th percentile) , measuring how often a patient leaves the emergency department frustrated.
- Overall Patient Satisfaction (68th percentile) , measuring the patient’s experience in all departments of the hospital.
Illinois State Designations
OSF Saint James- John W Albrecht Medical Center maintains two specific state designations that include:
- Perinatal I – As a Level I perinatal facility, the OSF Saint James Medical Center participates in the Illinois Regionalized Perineal System and follows protocols and improve perinatal outcomes for childbearing women and their newborns. Even though the facility does not provide a special care unit or neonatal intensive care nursery, it does offer coordinated medical care to ensure that high-risk patients receive nursing, medical and ancillary services.
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP) – The facility’s recognized EDAP designation indicates that it participates in the approved Illinois Emergency Medical System providing the highest level of emergency care to pediatric patients. The facility provides the services through specially trained professionals who have a comprehensive understanding of critical and emergency pediatric care. The hospital also ensures that essential pediatric supplies, equipment, and medication are easily accessible at the hospital and that all caregivers follow established protocols for treating critically ill, abused or injured children.
Patient Safety Concerns Including Bloodstream Infection Rates
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) monitors bloodstream infection rates and patient safety concerns at all hospitals and medical centers statewide. The facility-acquired incident rates for Clostridium difficile infections (CDI) and Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) are collected using data involving laboratory test results from patients remaining in the hospital four days or longer.
The measurement for patient safety concerns helps provide valuable insight on potential in-hospital complications and adverse effects that often follow procedures and surgeries. This data is collected by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) to help determine if the care and services provided by the facility are equal to, greater than, or less than the national average. The ratings for OSF Saint James Medical Center include:
- Facility-Acquired Incident Rates Involving Clostridium Difficile Infections – 1 infection incident out of 5125 patient days.
- Accidental Laceration and Puncture Rates – 2.46 per thousand patients or 1 incident out of 1246 patients. This rate is nearly double the Illinois state average of 1.45 per 1000 patients.
The IDPH determined that the rates above were not “statistically significantly better or worse than the state average.”
Pontiac Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you, or your loved one, have been injured or harmed by medical malpractice while residing as a patient at OSF Saint James - John W Albrecht Medical Center, call the Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC law firm. Our experienced Pontiac personal injury attorneys provide victims of medical malpractice the legal representation they need against all those who caused them harm.
Our law firm can offer numerous legal options on how to proceed to obtain the financial compensation your family deserves and file all the necessary paperwork and documentation in the appropriate courthouse. In Livingston County, the courthouse is located at:
110 N. Main St.
Pontiac, IL 61764
Circuit Court Clerk LeAnn Dixon
We urge you to contact our Livingston County medical malpractice law office today at (888) 424-5757 to schedule your free, no-obligation comprehensive recompense claim evaluation. You do not need to make any upfront payment for our legal services because we accept all medical mistake recompense cases on contingency. Our fees are paid only after we have successfully resolved your claim for compensation by negotiating an acceptable out of court settlement or by winning your case at trial.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.