OSF Holy Family Medical Center Medical Malpractice Lawyers
OSF Holy Family Medical Center is a ‘not for profit’ church-operated facility providing services to residents of Monmouth in Warren County, Illinois. The 23-certified-bed Center is located at:
1000 W. Harlem Ave.
Monmouth, IL 61462
In addition to providing emergent and urgent care to the local community, OSF Holy Family Medical Center provides clinical services that include:
- Pediatrics care
- Primary care
- Cancer care
- Weight loss management
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Women’s health
- Endocrinology and diabetes
- Transplant services
- Vascular and heart care
- Home health
When comparing this facility to other medical centers and hospitals throughout the US, OSF Holy Family Medical Center maintains an overall “B+” score, ranking it in the 61st percentile. The calculated ranking was determined by using publicly available data that includes patient flow, patient/nurse communication, overall patient satisfaction, discharged patient length of stay, and reported complications. Lower scores might indicate a high percentage of medical malpractice/mistakes and errors occurring at the facility.
The level of care and services the emergency department at the hospital provides is essential to the community’s residents. Analytics MD provides valuable insight by collecting emergency department data nationwide. This information can be used as a comparison tool to evaluate the level of services every medical center offers the community. Currently, OSF Holy Family Medical Center percentile rankings involving services and cares of their emergency department include:
- Incoming Patient Flow (12th percentile) – This extremely low measurement reveals the efficiency of how the medical team evaluates patients who have just arrived at the emergency room.
- Discharge Patient Flow (11th percentile) – This extremely low measurement reveals the efficiency of how the medical team treats patients who are less sick before discharging them from the emergency room.
- Admitted Patient Flow (22nd percentile) – This extremely low measurement reveals the efficiency of how the medical team provides cares and services to sicker patients who will need to be admitted to the hospital from the emergency department.
- Frustrated Patients (50th percentile) – This average measurement reveals the level of frustration that patients experience after leaving the emergency room and receiving care.
- Overall Patient Satisfaction (98th percentile) – This extremely high measurement reveals the patient’s overall experience when receiving cares and services from every department in the hospital.
Bloodstream Infection Rate
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) monitors bloodstream infection rates involving Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and Clostridium difficile infection (CDI). The data on these contagious diseases are obtained through laboratory testing results obtained from patients who have been at the facility for at least four days.
The IDPH monitors these summary measurements to determine if the rate of contagious bloodstream infections at the hospital are statistically higher or lower than the national average. For 2015, the bloodstream infection rate at OSF Holy Family Medical Center involve:
- Facility-Acquired MRSA Infection Incident Rate – 0 infection incidents out of 1965 patient days.
- Facility-Acquired CDI Infection Incident Rate – 1 infection incident out of 1965 patient days.
The IDPH determined that the rate above was “not statistically significantly better or worse than the national average.
Readmission Rate and 30-Day Mortality Rate
The Illinois Department of Public Health monitors readmission rates and 30 Day mortality rate to determine the level of care the hospital’s providing in its effort to prevent complications. The government agency studies the measurable indicators to determine if the adverse outcome of the patient’s death has a potential link to the quality of care that the facility provides. The readmission rates help reveal whether the level of care the patient needed during their recent hospital stay required readmission into the facility due to an unexpected complication or failure to make a smooth transition into a nursing facility or the family’s house.
This data is collected by the United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and posted for public consumption on their Hospital Compare website. Between 07/01/2012 and 06/30/2015, the readmission and 30-day mortality rates for OSF Holy Family Medical Center involved:
- Pneumonia Patients Who Required Readmittance to the Hospital within 30 Days after Their Discharge – 16.6 percent, which is slightly lower than the Illinois state average of 17.56 percent.
- Heart Failure Patients Who Required Readmittance to the Facility within 30 Days after Their Discharge – 20.4 percent, which is slightly lower than the Illinois state average of 22.09 percent.
- Pneumonia Patients Who Died within 30 Days after Their Admittance to the Hospital – 16.3 percent, which is nearly identical to the Illinois state average of 16.32 percent.
- Heart Failure Patients Who Died within 30 Days after Their Hospital Admittance – 11.7 percent, which is statistically identical to the Illinois state average of 11.83 percent.
Monmouth Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you suspect your loved one was injured by medical malpractice while they were a patient at OSF Holy Family Medical Center, contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today. Our reputable Monmouth attorneys provide legal representation to victims of medical malpractice. Allow our law office to file all the necessary paperwork in the appropriate court located at:
100 West Broadway
Monmouth, Illinois 61462-1795
County Court Clerk Denise L. Schreck
Call our Warren Medical Malpractice law firm today at (888) 424-5757 to speak with our representatives who can assist you in scheduling your free, no-obligation case evaluation. No upfront payment is required because we accept all medical malpractice cases through contingency fee agreements.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.