Have you suffered injuries from an accident or event that was caused by the negligent actions of others? Is the insurance company stonewalling your ability to obtain financial recompense for your damages? While the accident might only last for a split second, the damaging effects it causes victims can be devastating and life-altering. The physical damage and financial hardship experienced by victims of reckless, careless, negligent or intentional actions of others often face spiraling medical bills, missed time away from work, the cost of repairing or replacing their vehicle and other financial losses. The law firm of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC have years of litigation experience and have represented thousands of victims of injury to ensure they receive fair and full financial compensation for their wrongful death, personal injury, or bodily harm.
Our attorneys understand that the insurance carriers that represent negligent drivers, commercial truckers, defective product manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies with bad drugs and property owners can delay or deny a claim filed by an injury victim. Our reputable attorneys fight aggressively on your behalf as your legal advocate to protect your rights and ensure you receive adequate recompense.
We use our proven methods to fight the deceptive tactics used by claims adjusters. Their tactics include refuting the severity or extent of your harm or shifting blame away from their policyholder on to you in the hopes that you will accept a quick settlement amount that is substantially lower than what you deserve.
What to do Following a Car Accident
In the moments following a car accident, your mind is usually a blur, and your body is in shock. You may not know instantly that you are badly injured or bleeding profusely. Instead, you are likely joyous that you are both conscious and alive. However, what you do in the next few moments will have a dramatic impact on how you survive the event both physically and financially. If possible, you need to follow the detailed steps below that include:
- Push the emergency flasher button on the dashboard to alert others sharing the road that an accident has occurred;
- Assess your injuries and the injuries of all passengers in your vehicle;
- Call for medical assistance even if you think your injuries are minor or nonexistent;
- Carefully exit the vehicle to ensure you are safe if traffic is moving;
- Check on the driver and passengers in the other vehicles to determine if they are injured;
- Next, call law enforcement and provide information including your location and give details on the extent of the accident and injuries;
- If possible, take pictures or have others photograph the scene of the accident using their smartphones or cameras
If the accident happened on a busy roadway or highway, the arriving officer would usually redirect traffic. If the officer determines that all injuries are minor, they may ask you and others to move your vehicles to the side and off the roadway. If possible, collect evidence before the police arrive including photographs, names, addresses, driver’s licenses and vehicle registrations of other cars involved in the accident.
While you may appear to be only shaken up by the incident, you may be experiencing internal injuries, organ damage or a head concussion that is not easy to detect. Because of that, there are certain things that you should and should not do immediately following the accident to protect your legal and financial interest. These include:
- Never discuss the accident with the other motorist, eyewitness or bystander. Anything you say could insinuate that you are responsible for causing the crash, even if that is not your intention.
- Make a note of every fact involving the case including the date that the accident occurred along with the time of day and the location.
- Note weather conditions and the condition of the roadway.
- Make a note to remember your first impressions of the driver at fault for the accident, including whether they appeared to be driving under the influence or were distracted at the time of the crash.
When the emergency medical responders arrive at the scene of the accident, is best to let them transport you to the local hospital for emergent care. Your decision to go to the hospital is important to help support your case for compensation by allowing the medical team to determine the extent of your injuries. Talk to every passenger in your vehicle and ask them to accept ambulance transportation to the local emergency room too.
The accident might have caused a brain concussion, organ damage or internal bleeding that is not immediately obvious at the scene of the accident. Many injuries do not become apparent until two or three days after the crash. Your attorney will obtain medical records and police reports that can help better evaluate the accident to determine who is at fault for causing the crash.
About Chicago’s Old Town Neighborhood
Chicago’s Old Town neighborhood is located on the city’s northside. Home to Victorian-era architecture, the community was first established in the 19th century with the influx of German farming immigrants. Before that, the area’s rich farmland that once grew cabbage, potatoes, and celery was home to a trade center that was home to Native American Illinois, Miami and Potawatomi Nations who were forcibly removed from their lands soon afterward.
During the 1960’s sexual revolution, the community became home to hippie and yippie counterculture because many of the residents had moved out to surrounding suburbs, leaving the old Victorian structures available for cheap rent. By the 1970s, the Old Town community was recognized as an epicenter for a living a gay lifestyle. During this time the neighborhood was rich with new music where singer-songwriters including John Prine, Steve Goodman, and Bob Gibson got their start in local clubs.
Old Town Neighborhood Contact Information
Ward 43 Alderman Michele Smith
2523 N. Halsted St.
Ward 32 Alderman Scott Waguespack
2657 N. Clybourn Ave.
Chicago, IL 60614
Ward 44 Alderman Thomas Tunney
1057 W. Belmont Ave.
Chicago, IL 60657
Ward 42 Alderman Brendan Reilly
325 W. Huron St. #510
Chicago, IL 60654
Sheffield Neighborhood Association
2233 North Kenmore Avenue
Chicago, IL 60614
RANCH Triangle Community Conservation Association, Inc.
P.O. Box 14780
Chicago, IL 60614
Italian Chamber of Commerce
121 W Chestnut St
Chicago, IL 60610
Lakeview East Chamber of Commerce
3138 N Broadway
Chicago, IL 60657
Lincoln Park Chamber of Commerce
1925 N Clybourn Ave
Chicago, IL 60614
Why Hire Our Law Firm?
Our Old Town personal injury attorneys build our compensation cases on a solid foundation of evidence to prepare for trial. Our aggressive legal style puts insurance carriers on notice that we will fight to the end to reject their low settlement amount offer. Our legal team as represented thousands of individuals who have been harmed in vehicle accidents, slip and fall cases, medical malpractice claims, nursing home abuse and neglect incidents, bad drugs and other events that caused considerable damage. Nearly all the cases we handle are based on negligence or carelessness of parties that could include other people, businesses, entities, device manufacturers, and pharmaceutical companies.
We encourage you to contact our law offices today by calling (888) 424-5757 or fill in the online intake form now. We will diligently perform a thorough investigation to determine the merits and facts of your case and will conduct comprehensive legal research on how to build an effective claim for compensation. Our years of building out successful negotiation skills can ensure you receive the highest financial recovery possible. If we are unable to negotiate an acceptable out of court settlement on your behalf, we are prepared to build a lawsuit to take your case to trial. We guarantee our attorney will present factual and legal arguments to support your claim for compensation. Our law office offers you our “No Win / No Pay” Guarantee.
- Andersonville Illinois Neighborhood
- Austin Illinois Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Boystown Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Chicago Personal Injury Attorney Serving the Bridgeport Neighborhood Area
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving the Bronzeville Neighborhood
- Bucktown Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Chinatown Illinois Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Residents of Englewood Illinois Neighborhood
- Gold Coast Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Grant Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving Residents of Humboldt Park Neighborhood
- Personal Injury Attorneys Providing Legal Services to Hyde Park Illinois Residents
- Jefferson Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Lincoln Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Lincoln Square Neighborhood
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving the Little Italy Neighborhood
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving the Logan Square Neighborhood
- Chicago Loop Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Magnificent Mile Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Millennium Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Near North Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Personal Injury Attorneys Providing Legal Services to The Near West Neighborhood
- Chicago’s North Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving the Old Town Neighborhood
- Pilsen Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Portage Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Pullman Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving River North Neighborhood
- Riverdale Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Roseland Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Rogers Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Personal Injury Law Firm Serving South Shore Neighborhood
- Ukrainian Village Personal Injury Attorneys
- South Loop Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Office
- West Loop Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Wicker Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Wrigleyville Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys