Northwestern Medical Lake Forest Hospital is a 198-bed community-based facility providing health services for Lake Forest, Illinois. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Northwestern Memorial Healthcare, the hospital is located east of N. Waukegan Rd. and west of State Route 41 just North of Kennedy Road at:
- 660 North Westmoreland Rd.
- Lake Forest, Illinois 60045
- (847) 234-5600
The hospital is a leading healthcare provider in Lake County that delivers personalized medical services using the latest advances in clinical technology.
Compared to other hospitals and medical centers across the United States, Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital maintains an overall “B-” score, ranking it in the 41st percentile nationwide. This placement is determined by staff responsiveness, patient satisfaction, areas in need of improvement and complications that could be the direct result of medical malpractice.
Illinois State Designations
The medical facility maintains four specific Illinois state designations that include:
Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital is a part of the Illinois Regionalized Perinatal System developed to provide an appropriate level of care to pregnant women and newborns at risk. The system is designed to minimize perinatal complications through early detection of women of childbearing age, fetuses and newborns.
The hospital also has extended perinatal capabilities to provide neonatal care to newborns with complex medical issues and intermediate care to pregnant women. While the facility does not provide a neonatal intensive care nursery, it does offer a neonatologist-covered specialty care nursery to treat newborns in need.Trauma Center II
The facility is part of the Illinois Trauma System and serves the community as a Level II trauma center by providing essential services 24 hours every day. The medical director serves as the hospital’s trauma surgeon and provides various medical care subspecialties including surgeries, anesthesiology services, emergency medicine, intensive care and radiology.Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP)
The Emergency Medical Services for Children (EMSC) and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) recognize Lake Forest Hospital as a medical facility that can provide children comprehensive pediatric emergency services. This designation requires professionals with specialized training in pediatric critical and emergency care.Magnet Recognition
The hospital is a part of the Magnet Recognition program because it has developed protocols for developing strong on-site nursing leadership, along with effective patient/medical professional communication and organized decision-making.
The Illinois Department of Public health maintains statistics on facility-wide infections that are acquired on-site. The incident rate of facility-acquired infections at Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital throughout 2014 include:
- Central Line Associated Bloodstream Infections (CLABSI) between 01/01/2014 through 12/31/2014 Include:
- Infections Occurring in Adult Surgical/Medical Intensive Care Unit – 2 infection incidents out of 966 central line days.
- CDI and MRSA Bloodstream Infections between 01/01/2014 through 12/31/2014 Include:
- MRSA (Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus) Onset Incident Rates – 1 infection incident out of 46,900 patient days.
- CDI (Clostridium Difficile Infections) Onset Incident Rates – 10 infection incidents out of 43,155 patient days.
Patient Safety Concerns
Patient safety measures accumulated by AHRQ (Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality) and distributed by the Illinois Department of Public Health provide valuable data outlining adverse events and complications occurring inside every hospital in the state. The current patient safety concerns for Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital between 10/01/2014 and 09/30/2014 include:
- Blood Clotting (Deep Vein Thrombosis) or Postoperative Lung Embolism – 6 incidents out of 1631 patients at the facility.
- Accidental Lacerations or Puncture Wounds – 6 incidents out of 4928 patients.
- Medical Care-Associated Collapsed Lung – 1 incident out of 4856 patients.
- Postoperative Hematomas and Hemorrhages – 4 incidents out of 1577 patients.
- Postoperative Respiratory Failure – 5 incidents out of 1083 patients.
Lake Forest, Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you, or a loved one, suffered harm after being admitted to Northwestern Medical Lake Forest Hospital, it may be the result of medical errors, mistakes, malpractice or abuse. The experienced medical malpractice attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC provide legal advocacy to patients all throughout Illinois who want justice and seek financial compensation for their injuries. We accept all wrongful death lawsuits, personal injury claims and medical malpractice cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning no upfront fees are required. Call our law offices to schedule your initial, free consultation to discuss your case.
For additional information about our Lake County, Illinois medical negligence law practice visit our page here.