NorthWestern Medicine Delnor Hospital is a 159-bed “not for profit” medical center providing services and cares for residents of Geneva and Kane County, Illinois. The facility is located at:
300 Randall Road
Geneva, IL 60134
In addition to providing the community emergency medical care services, the facility also offers services that include:
- Cancer care
- Digestive health
- Primary care
- Pain management
- Imaging services
- Organ transplantation program
- Primary care
- Hospitalist services
- Women’s health
Comparing this facility to other hospitals and medical centers nationwide, NorthWestern Medicine Delnor Hospital maintains an overall “B” score, ranking it in the 51st percentile. The ranking is calculated using publicly available data including patient flow, patient/doctor communication, patient satisfaction and reported complications. Low percentile scores might indicate a high percentage of medical errors and mistakes happening at the hospital.
Analytics MD gathers information from all hospitals in the US. Currently, the website data reveals that Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital ranks in the 60th percentile for overall patient satisfaction, when considering every department in the facility.
Providing the highest quality of emergent care in a hospital emergency department is crucial to the health and well-being of the entire community. However, the flow of patients in the emergency department at the hospital show significant issues with percentile ranks ranging from medium to low. The current ranking percentiles involving the emergency department at Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital include:
- Incoming Patient Flow measuring the efficiency of how patients are evaluated in the emergency department – 38th percentile.
- Discharge Patient Flow measuring the efficiency of how the facility treats less sick patients who do not require admittance to the hospital – 34th percentile.
- Admitted Patient Flow measuring the efficiency of how the facility provides treatment to sicker patients who require admittance into the hospital – 68th percentile.
- Frustrated Patients ranking measuring the levels of patients who become frustrated when leaving the emergency department – 35th percentile.
Illinois State Designations
NorthWestern Medicine Delnor Hospital maintains four specific state designations that include:
- Perinatal II+ – As a level II+ perinatal system facility, hospital follows procedures and protocols designed to improve perinatal outcomes of childbearing women and their newborn/fetus through early identification and proper treatment. The Level II+ designation with extended capabilities ensures that newborns who require complex care can be assured of a successful outcome in a special care nursery facilitated by a highly-trained neonatologist.
- Trauma Center Level II – The hospital participates in the Illinois Trauma System providing the highest level of emergency medical care. The facility’s Medical Director also serves as their Trauma Surgeon and coordinates various services including emergency medicine, subspecialty surgical care, radiology, intensive care and anesthesiology services. Due to the state designation, the facility must provide these essential emergent services 24 hours a day in-house, and make other services readily available within an hour or less.
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP) – The facility provides optimal 24/7 emergency care to pediatric patients facilitated by specially trained professionals who have a comprehensive understanding of pediatric critical and emergent care.
- Magnet Recognition – The American Nurses Association developed the Magnet Recognition Program to optimize excellence in providing the highest quality of nursing care. In addition, the hospital works to develop interdisciplinary relationships and maintains a commitment to provide the best practices of professional nursing while serving as the patient’s advocate.
Bloodstream and Surgical Site Infections Rate
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) monitors hospital facility-onset incident rates involving Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) from laboratory test results of patients at the facility for four days or longer. The information is used to determine whether the bloodstream infection rates at the hospital are statistically worse or better than the national average. For 2015, the bloodstream infection rate for Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital involved:
- Hospital Facility-Acquired Incident Rates Involving CDI Bloodstream Infections – 44 infections out of 30,303 patient days. The IDPH noted that these statistical rates were “significantly worse than the national average.”
The IDPH also monitors surgical site infections, especially those that are associated with CABG (Coronary Artery Bypass Graft) surgery. For 2015, the Surgical Site Infection Rates for the facility involve:
- Total Knee Replacement Surgery-Surgical Site Infections – One infection out of 217 procedures.
Geneva Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you suspect your loved one has suffered injury or died prematurely while they were a patient and NorthWestern Medicine Delnor Hospital, you must act quickly by calling the Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers law office to stop the mistreatment now. Our law firm can ensure that all necessary documentation and paperwork are filed with the appropriate court. In Kane County, Illinois the facility contact information includes:
540 S. Randall Rd.
St. Charles, IL 60174
Circuit Court Clerk Thomas Hartwell
We encourage you to contact our Kane County medical malpractice law offices by calling (888) 424-5757 today to schedule your comprehensive compensation lawsuit evaluation at no charge to you. No upfront payments are required because we accept every wrongful death lawsuit, personal injury case and medical malpractice/air/mistake claim for compensation on contingency. This means our legal fees are paid only after we have won your case at trial or negotiated an out of court settlement on your behalf. All information you share with our law offices will remain confidential.