Northwest Community Hospital Malpractice Lawyers
Northwest Community Hospital is a 496-bed medical center serving the community of Arlington Heights, Cook County, Illinois. The facility is located at:
- 800 West Central Rd.
- Arlington Heights, IL 60005
- (847) 618-1000
The community hospital has been open since December 1959 and remains focused on the community’s needs for quality medical care. The facility offers a variety of outpatient and inpatient services under numerous medical specialties including orthopedics, neurology & stroke, gastroenterology, cardiovascular and cancer care.
When compared to other hospitals and medical centers in the US, Northwest Community Hospital maintains an overall “B” score, ranking it in the 59th percentile nationwide. The ranking is computed using publicly available information including the length of stay, patient satisfaction, medical professionals/patient communication and complications arising at the facility that might be the result of medical malpractice.
Illinois State Designations
Northwest Community Hospital maintains four specific Illinois state designations that include:
The hospital is recognized as a Level III Perinatal Care center providing intensive care solutions for childbearing women and newborns at risk. The facility also provides top-level neonatal medical solutions in their neonatal intensive care unit.Trauma Center II
The facility provides essential emergency services around-the-clock.Magnet Recognition
The hospital participates in the state’s Magnet Recognition program by promoting strong nursing leadership on site, along with shared decision-making and effective medical professionals/patient communication.Emergency Department Approved from Pediatrics (EDAP)
The EDAP program is a part of the Illinois emergency medical system that provides immediate health professional care covered by specially trained doctors who deal directly with pediatric critical and emergency care situations. This designation also means of the hospital has essential pediatric medications, supplies and equipment at hand.
Hospitals and medical centers can take effective proven steps to reduce the potential risk of patients developing facility-acquired infections after surgery and procedures. Medical facilities throughout Illinois participate in various programs developed to reduce infection rates acquired by patients during their hospital stay. The infection incidents at Northwest Community Hospital include:
- Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections (CLABI) between 01/01/2014 and 12/31/2014 Include:
- Infections Developed after Surgery in the Adult Medical/Surgical ICU – 2 infection incidents out of 2708 central line days.
- Infections Developed in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (Level II/III) – 1 infection incident out of 602 central line days.
- Surgical Site Infections (SSI) between 07/01/2013 and 06/30/2014 Include:
- Infections Developed after Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery – 1 infection incident out of 135 procedures.
- Infections Developed after Total Knee Replacement Surgery – 2 infection incidents out of 503 procedures.
- MRSA and CDI Bloodstream Infections between 01/01/2014 and 12/31/2014 Include:
- MRSA (Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus) Bloodstream Infection Onset Incident Rate – 3 infection incidents out of 100,620 patient days.
- CDI (Clostridium Difficile Infection) Bloodstream Infection Onset Incident Rate – 82 infection incidents out of 91,045 patient days.
Patient Safety Concerns
The Illinois Department of Public Health monitors patient safety measures for every hospital outlining potential adverse events and complications that occur after procedures and surgeries. Based on available data accumulated between 10/01/2013 and 09/30/2014, Northwest Community Hospital patient safety concerns included:
- Blood Transfusion Reaction – 1 incident post-transfusion incident at the facility.
- Unexpected Deaths – 2 unexpected deaths out of 4024 patients.
- Blood Clots (Deep Vein Thrombosis) or Postoperative Lung Embolism – 19 incidents out of 4175 patients.
- Abdominal Wall Surgery Wound Complication – 1 incident out of 750 patients.
- Accidental Laceration and Puncture Wounds – 39 incidents out of 14,186 patients, which is nearly double the state average.
- Medical Care-Associated Collapsed Lung – 3 incidents out of 13,395 patients.
- Postoperative Hematomas and Hemorrhages – 24 incidents out of 4039 patients.
- Postoperative Respiratory Failure – 31 incidents out of 2048 patients.
If you, or a loved one, have suffered harm after being admitted to Northwest Community Hospital, your injuries might be the result of medical malpractice. The skilled personal injury attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC serve as a legal advocate for patients all across the state of Illinois. We accept wrongful death cases, medical malpractice claims and personal injury lawsuits on contingency to provide legal representation without the need of paying any upfront fees. Contact our law offices today to discuss your claim for compensation.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.