Chicago’s North Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have suffered an injury caused by the reckless or negligent actions of others, you may not have to file a lawsuit and present your evidence in court just to receive the amount of financial recovery you deserve. Likely, the claims adjuster handling your case has offered you a settlement amount that was far lower than the actual worth of your claim. The adjuster can do this because the insurance company has a significant advantage over victims handling their case without legal representation and use proven deceptive tactics to get claimants to accept a lowball offer.
The Chicago’s North neighborhood personal injury attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC have years of experience in resolving compensation claims for our clients and have obtained millions of dollars in financial recovery on their behalf. Through legal representation, we stop the bullying of insurance companies and claims adjusters attempting to resolve cases at the expense of the victim’s personal and financial health.
Many legal experts agree that it is crucial to hire a law firm that only takes personal injury and wrongful death cases. This is important because these companies tend to be larger law firms with access to necessary resources related to resolving injury and wrongful death cases. The goal of our attorneys is to make the process of obtaining compensation as convenient as possible by negotiating an acceptable out of court settlement on your behalf or winning your case in front of judge and jury.Filing a Medical Malpractice Claim
Statistics maintained by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) revealed that an estimated 250,000 to 450,000 deaths occur every year in the United States through medical malpractice and errors. In fact, medical mistakes ranked third as a leading cause of death behind heart disease and cancer-related deaths. Our law firm handles medical malpractice cases that occur in Chicago area hospitals, long-term care facilities, nursing homes, doctors’ offices and medical centers.
Malpractice is often the result of medical negligence when a healthcare professional like a doctor, nurse or dentist fails to provide the patient the appropriate standards of medical care that result in injury or harm. By law, the healthcare professional and the facility owe the patient a duty of care that avoids harm, injury or death. However, winning a medical malpractice case can be complicated because the victim must show how the professional or facility failed to provide that duty of care that ultimately resulted in the injury or death of the patient.
Because of its complexity, a medical malpractice case can be difficult to prove. However, most claims filed and resolved by the Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC are based on various medical and legal issues including:
- Diagnostic Errors – Documenting an improper diagnosis or delaying a diagnosis is a serious medical error that could lead to severe health complications, disability, injury, or death. Diagnostic mistakes are involved in more than 160,000 permanent disabilities and represent 20% of all lawsuits involving medical malpractice in America every year.
- Medication Mistakes – Statistics maintained by the CDC revealed that medical mistakes caused injuries to over one million individuals in America every year. These mistakes include mislabeled drugs, adverse medication interactions, improper dosages, failure to prescribe medications, and missed medications that should have been administered but were not.
- Surgical Mistakes – Problematic surgical mistakes are severe problems that that often claim the lives of individuals every year when surgeons leave surgical instruments inside the patient’s body or perform the wrong surgery. Other mistakes include performing a surgical procedure on the wrong body part or other “never event” that is recognized as a surgical mistake that should never have happened. These problems account for 400,000 medical malpractice lawsuits every year in the United States
- Hospital Errors – Illinois medical facilities and hospitals are legally obligated to provide a standard duty of care to every patient. However, when the hospital makes an error that causes injury or death to the patient, they can be held legally liable for hospital malpractice. These errors could include the healthcare provider’s failure to hire a medical team that was adequately trained, a failure to provide proper communication between the staff members and the hospital, or a failure to monitor the patient.
- Obstetrical Errors – Any error made by a physician, obstetrician, or midwife that results in a substandard duty of care to the pregnant mother or baby could be the foundation of a medical malpractice case. Any obstetrical error that results in serious injury or death by a wound infection, stillbirth, birth defect, fertility loss, or cerebral palsy might be grounds for seeking financial recompense.
- Lack of Informed Consent – Every healthcare provider is required by law to obtain the patient’s consent to undergo a medical procedure or treatment before performing the procedure. Any failure to do so could be considered a lack of informed consent and serve as the basis for a medical malpractice lawsuit, especially if the patient suffers a severe injury or death.
Handling and resolving medical malpractice cases can be highly complicated especially because there are usually multiple defendants in the case who are all partially or fully responsible for the harm. However, a competent attorney can show that the healthcare professional or facility had a legal duty of care and failed to comply with the acceptable standards of care that led to the patient’s injuries or death. To support a case for compensation, a knowledgeable law firm will hire legal and medical experts that provide professional testimony on how the negligent actions of the medical team or facility directly lead to your harm.About Chicago’s North Neighborhood
The Chicago Northside neighborhood consists of five communities including Gold Coast, Oldtown, Goose Island, River North, and Streeterville, which is home to the Magnificent Mile. The richly affluent neighborhood boundaries are marked by Lake Michigan to the east and the Chicago River to the north and east. First established in the 1780s, this oldest part of the Chicago metropolitan area was a permanent settlement that is now recognized as Pioneer Court.
Major building structures and attractions in Chicago’s North neighborhood include the Chicago Water Tower, St. James Cathedral, Holy Name Cathedral, Marina city, John Hancock Center, Lake Point Tower, and Tribune Tower. Visitors and residents can enjoy museums in the community including the Chicago Children’s Museum, Loyola University Museum of Art, International Museum of Surgical Science, Chicago’s Museum of Contemporary Art and the Driehaus Museum.
The area is also recognized for its notable theaters including the Chicago Shakespeare Theatre, the Second City, IO Theatre, and Looking Glass Theatre Company. Local shopping and famous sites include the Navy Pier, Magnificent Mile, the Chicago River boat cruises, and the Centennial Fountain.North Neighborhood Contact Information
Ward 43 Alderman Michele Smith
2523 N. Halsted St.
Ward 32 Alderman Scott Waguespack
2657 N. Clybourn Ave.
Chicago, IL 60614
Ward 44 Alderman Thomas Tunney
1057 W. Belmont Ave.
Chicago, IL 60657
Ward 42 Alderman Brendan Reilly
325 W. Huron St. #510
Chicago, IL 60654
Lakeview East Chamber of Commerce
3138 N Broadway
Chicago, IL 60657
Italian Chamber of Commerce
121 W Chestnut St
Chicago, IL 60610
Gold Coast Neighbors
PO Box 101241
Chicago, IL 60610
Lincoln Park Chamber of Commerce
1925 N. Clybourn, #301
Chicago, IL 60614
Lincoln Central Association
Diversey Harbor Lakeview Association
The Chicago North neighborhood attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC are ready to fight on your behalf to ensure you receive full financial recovery for your damages, injuries, and losses. We selectively choose our cases to ensure each client’s case receives our undivided attention from filing to resolving the claim for compensation. Our law firm has successfully handled thousands of cases, and many of them were just like yours. Contact us today by calling our law office at (888) 424-5757 or fill in the online intake form now.
Let us discuss your case together to determine its merits and value. We can provide numerous legal options on how to proceed in filing and resolving your claim. We accept all personal injury and wrongful death cases through contingency fee arrangements. This agreement allows us to provide immediate legal representation without the need of you paying any upfront fees or securing a retainer. We offer a No Win/No Pay Guarantee, which means that we are paid our legal fees only after we have secured financial compensation on your behalf through a negotiated out of court settlement or by winning a jury trial award.