Natural Gas Explosion Attorney: Chicago, Illinois
Drilling for gas and oil has always been dangerous, where employees are often involved in serious accidents. Even with highly restrictive safety regulations, a natural gas explosion fatality take place at work sites in the mountains, prairie, and offshore. Fracking and drilling operations are notorious for causing catastrophic accidents to workers and residents living close by.
In addition to a natural gas explosion accident, gas company workers, plumbers, contractors and the public can be exposed to potential calamities including explosions and fire caused by natural gas. A natural gas explosion fatality is often the result of lack of training, worn or defective equipment, safety violations, cracked pipeline or improper safety inspections.
Fracking and drilling workers often suffer severe life altering injuries. Many of these accidents involve:
- Fractured bones
- Burn injury
- Crush injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Amputation and/or crushed limbs caused by equipment failure or mechanical malfunction
- Blunt force head injury or trauma causing substantial brain issues
- Heat and chemical burns
- Sickness as a result of poisonous gas or chemical release
- Fatalities as a result of some catastrophic mishap/explosion causing burns
Injuries involving a natural gas explosion accident usually produce permanent or temporary disability, and at times, wrongful death.
Common Severe Injuries Associated With Explosion Of Natural Gas
Often times, companies overlook specific hazards on the worksite, for the sake of increase profits. Protecting the bottom line of the corporation is often at the expense of dedicated, loyal workers. Sometimes the local community becomes an unwilling participant in severe accidents involving natural gas. Many hazards directly associated with a natural gas accident cause injuries that include:
- Burns from explosions or fire
- Ear damage or hearing loss caused by high level noise from drilling equipment
- Injury to the back, neck or other body part from mechanical malfunctions
- Physical injury caused by recklessness, carelessness or negligence of untrained or improperly trained coworkers
- Injury caused by fatigued or overworked workers
- Injury caused by non-existing or improper supervision and/or management
- Serious injury as a result of missing safety devices, improperly used or worn/defective equipment
Causes of Natural Gas Explosions
Explosions caused by natural gas are often the result of a leaking hose or tank, or improperly installed mechanical parts, equipment or devices. Many household appliances and residential equipment have the potential of causing serious injuries due to a natural gas explosion.
A defective natural gas connector and/or control valve can cause serious injury or wrongful death. Household appliances and equipment that are often involved in a natural gas explosion include:
- Barbecue grill
- Water heater
- Gas generator
- Central heating and cooling (HVAC) system
- Gas oven or range
- Swimming pool heater
- Fireplace log
- Propane tank
- Gas space heater
Determining Responsibility In The Aftermath Of A Natural Gas Explosion
Due to the hazardous nature of natural gas, components, devices and appliances need to be properly managed, installed and maintained. However, when manufacturers sell defective or substandard appliances and equipment, serious gas explosions can happen.
When an equipment marketing company sells a defective product, or the contractor improperly installs or repairs the device, it can lead to serious injuries from an explosion.
Personal injury attorneys that represent victims of an Illinois natural gas explosion can determine exactly what happened, and who is legally liable for the accident and injuries involved. Determining responsibility can hold those negligent accountable for their actions or inactions.
Legal liability for a natural gas explosion can often extend farther than the installer or user. Those legally liable for the explosion often include:
- The appliance and/or equipment manufacturer
- The propane/natural gas company
- The distributor
- Equipment sales representative / marketing company
- Installation professional and/or contractor
- Repair professional and/or contractor
Seasoned personal injury attorneys are often successful in handling natural gas explosion claims. Working on behalf of the victim, our attorneys can determine responsibility, violation of safety regulations, and every legal remedy for obtaining financial recompense.
Legal limitations might not stop with the victim's employer, or company management involved in the gas explosion. Many times, victims can pursue a claim against third parties responsible for deliberate or unintentional actions that caused the accident.
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC at (888) 424-5757 offer a free no obligation review of the accident to provide legal counsel on the best way to proceed with a claim. The law firm can help obtain suitable compensation for the injured victim involved in a gas explosion accident with injuries or fatalities.