Naperville Workers Compensation Lawyers
As is the case with most of Chicago’s suburbs, industry fueled Naperville’s growth. Today, many of the companies that called Naperville home during its development continue to provide employment to thousands of workers. When those workers are injured on the job, they turn to the dedicated Naperville workers compensation attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC to protect their rights and represent their interests. Our successful track record and many years of experience handling Illinois worker’s compensation claims and employer negligence lawsuits had made us one of the most trusted law firms in the state and we are certain that we can help you recover the compensation you need and deserve.
If you or a family member was injured on the job and are in need of a Naperville, IL workers compensation lawyer, contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today for a free consultation.
Naperville’s Industrial History
Once Naperville became a part of the Illinois Technology and Research Corridor, its reputation as an industrial town began to fade, but industry was an import part of its growth. Throughout the 1980's and 1990's, it welcomed numerous large industrial companies in addition to the notorious tech giants that helped bolster the city’s economy with white collar work. The industrial giants that contributed to its growth include Kraft Foods, Amoco and ConAgra. Nicor is also one of the city’s largest employers, offering jobs to over 3,700 workers.
Among the current industrial companies that still call Naperville home are Nalco, BP America, Kraft Foods, Laidlaw and ConAgra Foods. Nalco, BP America and Nicor all specialize in the transportation and sale of hazardous or flammable materials and their employees are at a higher risk of being seriously injured than those working in other professions. Exposure to harmful chemicals is involved in only 4% of all reported workplace accidents each year, but responsible for 14% of all fatalities.
How Simple Mistakes Result in Serious Injury
Many workplace accidents are due to the failure of an employee or employer to act in a safe manner, but in most cases, the negligence is not intentional. When working around heavy machinery or hazardous materials, one mistake can spell doom for multiple workers. Some of the types of accidents that our Naperville workplace accident lawyers encounter include the following.
- Chemical burns. Contact with corrosive or reactive materials can cause severe damage to the skin and underlying tissue. Nerve damage can also result and victims are often disfigured or left with unsightly marks and scars.
- Explosions. Utility work can be extremely dangerous when safety precautions are ignored or workers do not follow the proper steps prior to digging near power or gas lines. One worker’s error can impact the lives of every worker in the area and even claim lives.
- Inhalation of toxic vapors. Exposure to chemicals over a prolonged period can have a negative impact on a worker’s health, especially if he or she has inhaled toxic vapors over that timeframe. It may take years of exposure for a worker to become ill or experience medical complications, but those who are injured due to their work environment are entitled to recover compensation for their ensuing medical treatment.
- Contact with machinery or tools. It is important that workers in industrial settings are always aware of their surroundings and that those who are operating machinery are aware of where their coworkers are located at all times in order to prevent accidents.
The Anatomy of a Naperville Workers’ Compensation Claim
If you have been injured in a workplace accident, the process of filing a workers’ compensation claim may seem daunting or frustrating. There are many myths about the process that dissuade people who have been injured from seeking the full amount of compensation they are entitled to, and our Naperville workers compensation attorneys can help you understand your rights better. Following are the things that you are guaranteed by state law, regardless of who was at fault for your accident.
- Coverage for the cost of your medical treatment, regardless of whether you seek treatment from your own doctor or your employer’s. Employers’ insurance companies will often try to prevent you from seeking an opinion from your own doctor or obtaining care outside of an insurance company’s network.
- Compensation to cover 67% of your wages during your time off of work. If your injury results in a permanent disability, you qualify to receive additional benefits as a lump sum payment and the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission has set up a fund to cover the cost of inflation and cost of living increases.
- The right to investigate the cause of the accident and file a claim against your employer if you feel that your employer acted recklessly, failed to abide by safety laws or did not provide you with equipment that could have prevented the accident.
All claims are submitted to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, and in the event that you are unable to come to an agreement with your employer, the IWCC will act as an arbitrator. Hearings for the Naperville area are held at the Wheaton site, which is located at the DuPage Government Center. The address for your hearing center is:
421 N. County Farm Road
I-500A JTK Building
Wheaton, IL 60187
Why a Naperville Workers Compensation Attorney Can Help Stack the Odds in Your Favor of a Good Recovery
Roughly 86% of all the workers filing claims in the State of Illinois obtain legal representation prior to filing their claims. The primary reason for this is to ensure that the injured workers are being treated fairly and have access to all of the benefits allowed under state law. Some employers or insurance companies will make illegal attempts to delay payments or fool workers into accepting settlements that are not in their best interests. They are far less likely to attempt these tactics when you are represented by a lawyer because they will be required to provide additional compensation as a punitive measure if they are caught.
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC also provides clients with access to the most qualified medical specialists in the state so that you can receive the medical treatment and rehabilitative therapy that you need to accelerate your physical recovery. These same medical experts can be called on to testify and will be able to support the value of your case to the court. To learn more about how we can maximize your claim, contact us to arrange a free consultation.
If you cannot meet with us at one of our offices, we would be happy to come to you. Your consultation will come with no obligation and our Naperville workers comp lawyers will never accept payment until we have successfully secured compensation on your behalf.
For additional practice areas in Naperville, IL see the following pages:
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.