Naperville Truck Accident Attorneys
Naperville, IL, is renowned for its affluent population and the home it provides to some of the world's largest technology companies. However, its proximity to I-88 and neighboring Aurora has made it a relevant contributor to the transportation industry as well.
Millions of tractor-trailer trucks travel through the greater Chicago area along I-88 each year, and many of these trucks make their stops in at Naperville's warehouses or its Kraft production plant.
The high volume of trucks sharing the roads with Naperville's motorists places them at risk of being involved in an accident, and the Naperville truck accident attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC are the leading representatives of those who have been injured due to the negligence of a driver or trucking company.
Naperville Industry Invites Trucking Companies
Technology giants such as Bell Labs, Alcatel-Lucent, and Tellabs provide Naperville with its prestige and make it home to numerous affluent white-collar workers. Many people remain oblivious to the fact that Naperville is heavily involved in industry and transportation as well.
ConAgra, Kraft Foods, and BP America all have homes within Naperville and use their locations to store and distribute products. The Kraft Foods plant has existed since 1968 and produces every box of Triscuits distributed on the North American continent.
Trucking companies are the primary source of distribution in the Chicago area because Chicago and its suburbs receive more goods via rail than are sent. Logistics companies store and ship products that have arrived as they are needed across the country— most often on trailers delivered via semi-tractors.
High Profile Naperville Trucking Accidents
Catastrophic accidents involving semi-tractor-trailers throughout the Naperville area reveal that hazards to residents and visitors. Some of those accidents include:
- In June 2018, local police closed an intersection where a motorcyclist struck a semi-tractor-trailer. The incident occurred at the intersection of Route 59 and 95th The investigation indicates that a forty-nine-year-old motorcyclist operating an Indian Touring bike traveled northbound before striking the back of a semi-tractor-trailer. The biker was transported to Edward Hospital to receive emergent care of severe injuries. Law enforcement charged with biker with driving under the influence.
- In February 2019, the Naperville Police Department closed a portion of Route fifty-nine closed 111th to clear a single-vehicle accident that had occurred just after 7:30 PM. The crash involved a semi-tractor-trailer that struck a utility pole, causing the power to be turned off to local residents.
- In January of 2014, a truck driver collided with a stalled truck and caused a multi-vehicle accident, claiming the life of a tollway worker and severely injuring a State Trooper. The driver had falsified his logs to work more hours than allowed by law, and the accident was the result of his operating a truck while extremely fatigued. While the driver was charged with multiple offenses, the case revealed that the driver's employer might have been complicit in the negligent behavior that the driver exhibited.
Renato Velasquez, the driver at fault for the accident, worked for DND International, which is a transportation company based out of Naperville. On review of DND International's history, it was discovered that the company has one of the worst safety records in the nation. It scored lower than 93% of the trucking companies operating in the United States.
In the two years preceding Velasquez's accident, DND International had been cited on over 100 violations, and drivers were caught working beyond their allowed hours of service and falsifying logs on numerous occasions. Many of these violations were crucial and could have resulted in truck accident cases involving accident victims.
In 2018, the Illinois Department of Transportation identified 2701 total accidents within the city limits of Naperville, Illinois, resulting in three deaths and 915 injuries. By far, rear-end collisions (1175), turning accidents (552), and hitting a vehicle at an angle (274), topped the list of leading factors in all crashes in the city. The three deaths involved one victim hitting a fixed object, and to victims involved in turning accidents.
Poor Policy and Reckless Behaviors Cost Lives
Operating a vehicle while tired has similar effects to your reaction time under the influence of alcohol. Studies have shown parallels between tiredness and drunkenness behind the wheel. Not only does it take longer to notice and react to potentially dangerous situations when tired, but you are prone to make more unfortunate decisions when fatigued than when you are well-rested.
Large semi-tractors carrying loaded trailers also require longer stopping distances and are capable of pulverizing most of the vehicles they may encounter. These accidents often result in severe and life-altering injuries that include the following.
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Injuries to the spine, neck, and back, often resulting in paralysis
- Deep lacerations, puncture wounds and mutilation of limbs
- Crushed bones and compound fractures
Hiring Naperville Truck Accident Injury Lawyers Now
The Naperville truck accident attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC are passionate about finding justice for those who have been harmed in preventable accidents because of reckless behaviors driven by corporate greed.
Our team is comprised of the finest specialists in accident reconstruction, medicine, rehabilitation, economics, and trucking law. Our motor vehicle accident attorneys have maximized the amount of compensation many clients like you have received due to negligent commercial truck driving and company policies.
Contact us now to arrange a free consultation to learn more about how we can put our team to work for you. During your initial case evaluation of your personal injury case, we will discuss legal opportunities to seek compensation to recover your medical bills for serious injury and funeral costs for wrongful death.
Consult with a Chicago truck accident lawyer from Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers, or visit that link to see further information about our law offices for additional information on legal representation, our personal injury attorney practice areas, locations of our law offices, and filing a claim or lawsuit against the insurance company before the Illinois statute of limitations expires.