The Naperville cerebral palsy attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC understand the turmoil that parents go through when caring for children with mental and physical disabilities. This is why we work so hard to ensure that they have the compensation needed to provide for their children throughout every stage in their lives and the support and resources to make sure that they live the best life possible. If your child’s condition was the result of an injury during or following birth, it could be possible that your doctor or attending staff failed to meet their duty of care, making you entitled to compensation for all of your expenses along with the emotional and physical suffering you and your child must endure.
The Financial Toll of Caring for a Child with Cerebral Palsy
Considering the many years of care that are required to provide for a child with a disability, it is not surprising to learn that most children with cerebral palsy will require millions of dollars to cover the full extent of their financial responsibility when it comes to medical bills and out of pocket expenses. Our Naperville cerebral palsy lawyers have recovered numerous multi-million dollar settlements and judgements for families that have needed the peace of mind that comes with knowing their children will be cared for long after they are unable to provide what they need.
Not every case of cerebral palsy can be linked to medical negligence, but there are a number of them that can be prevented. The most common form of malpractice that results in cerebral palsy at birth is the failure of medical professionals to recognize or treat injuries. Most of these injuries are minor, but cause catastrophic damage to the brain when they are left untreated for an excessive period. The simplicity of treatment and supervision needed to prevent cerebral palsy in these instances is the reason we feel negligent workers and their employers should be held accountable for their wrongs.
The Injuries that Often Lead to Naperville Cerebral Palsy Lawsuits
Hypoxia is the medical term used to describe oxygen deprivation through various forms and it is the greatest cause of cerebral palsy during or following birth. When the brain stops receiving the oxygen it needs, permanent damage can result. Following are some of the injuries that could cause cerebral palsy.
- Ruptured membrane— when the membrane becomes torn or ruptured, it places the child in a state of distress and doctors have less than 24 hours to act in order to prevent long term damage. The failure to notice a ruptured membrane may be considered negligent and the medical facility can be held liable.
- Inaccurate test results— it is extremely important that technicians do their jobs properly, as the information they return to doctors is instrumental in how they choose to proceed with care. When test results are inaccurate, the child can suffer life changing injuries. Misinterpretation of test results can have the same impact.
- Fetal distress— there are numerous injuries that can result from fetal distress, which is why the child’s vital signs need to be monitored carefully. Symptoms of distress may prompt a doctor to order a C-section for the protection of the child and the failure of the doctor to order this procedure could be considered negligent if the child is injured as a result.
- The presence of bilirubin in the blood— bilirubin is a substance that is produced in response to very common injuries suffered at birth. While later on in life, it is not harmful, the liver is unable to process it at such a young age and it can damage the brain when it builds up in the blood. The most common sign of elevated bilirubin levels is jaundice and when treated properly, there are normally no complications.
Doctors and their attending staff members have a responsibility to meet a standard of care expected of anyone in their position, which is why it is possible to secure damages in the event that they fail to live up to that duty of care.
Access to Vital Resources for Anyone Caring for a Family Member with Cerebral Palsy
While it is important to recover the compensation needed to care for your child, it is equally vital that you have access to the support and programs needed to help him or her lead an active and productive life well into adulthood. The United Cerebral Palsy Sequin of Greater Chicago offers resources and support to families throughout Chicago and the suburbs so that their children can benefit from Community Integrated Living, accessibility services, technological assistance and life skills training that will help them become assimilated members of society. For more information, you can call (708) 863-3803 or visit http://ucpseguin.org/.
Put Our Proficient Naperville Cerebral Palsy Lawyers to Work on Your Behalf
If your child was injured at birth and now suffers from cerebral palsy, Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC can help you through access to valuable support and resources along with the compensation you need to ensure that he or she is cared for throughout his or her entire lifetime. Our team includes experienced attorneys, medical specialists and economists who are able to thoroughly review your claim and determine the true financial impact of your child’s injuries in order to seek an appropriate amount of compensation.
Give us a call right now so that you can be connected to one of our award winning Naperville cerebral palsy attorneys. After we collect the information we need to investigate your claim, we will be able to let you know more about your legal options and what you can expect from us and the legal process. We know that you have enough to worry about without the added burden of legal fees, which is why we guarantee that we will only collect a fee for our services if and when we are able to secure compensation on your behalf.
For additional information see the following pages:
- Aurora Cerebral Palsy & Birth Injury Attorneys
- Champaign Cerebral Palsy & Birth Injury Attorneys
- Elgin Cerebral Palsy & Birth Injury Attorneys
- Evanston Cerebral Palsy & Birth Injury Attorneys
- Joliet Cerebral Palsy & Birth Injury Attorneys
- Peoria Cerebral Palsy & Birth Injury Attorneys
- Rockford Cerebral Palsy & Birth Injury Attorneys
- Springfield Cerebral Palsy & Birth Injury Attorneys
- Waukegan Cerebral Palsy & Birth Injury Attorneys