Chicago Moving Van Truck Accident Lawyer
Moving truck accidents (like U-Haul) occur much more frequently in the United States than you may realize and are caused by a combination of inexperienced drivers, negligent truck company, blind spots, and the rental company’s trucks that are far from roadworthy. Because it is not always clear who is responsible for an accident, these types of cases can be more difficult and require the expertise of a proven Chicago moving truck accident attorney.
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC is the most trusted and acclaimed law firm when it comes to legal representation and securing the maximum compensation allowable for clients who have been severely injured in trucking accidents with a rental company. Our van truck accident lawyers work so that you can focus on your physical recovery and emotional distress instead of mounting medical bills and lost wages.
Rental Truck Accidents Present Complex Liability Issues
The first thought most people have following an accident involving a moving van or truck is that the truck driver should be held responsible, but identifying legal liability is never that simple.
While the driver may contribute to many of these forms of accidents, other factors tend to be at play, including insurance coverage and federal laws through the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, such as whether the vehicle was in proper working order and if an equipment malfunction caused the driver to lose control.
The following are all considerations we make when evaluating fault in a moving truck accident case.
- Whether the U-Haul driver or rental truck company was following the law at the time of the accident. Speeding, distracted driving (i.e. text message), reckless driving and consumption of alcohol or controlled substances are all offenses that place fault squarely on the shoulders of the driver. Inexperience can also contribute, as drivers who have never operated big trucks before (or gotten their commercial driver's license) can fail to check their blind spot and drive at speeds that are unsafe for road conditions.
- The service records of the vehicle. Large truck rental companies have a horrible history about servicing their vehicles and performing inspections to ensure that they are in safe working order. They use loopholes to avoid oversight by the U.S Department of Transportation, but if it is uncovered that they are in violation of state and federal laws regarding the routine inspection and repair of their vehicle, they can be held liable in the event their trucks are involved in accidents.
- The possible impact of manufactural defects and design flaws. If an equipment failure contributed to the cause of the rental truck company accident, it is possible to hold the manufacturer of the equipment liable, at least in part, for the contribution of the defective equipment to the cause of the accident.
Chicago Moving Truck Accident Facts and Figures
- The average cost of a commercial moving truck accident is around $10 million.
- Moving truck crashes take the lives of hundreds of people every year.
- Thousands of people are injured annually due to moving truck accidents.
- The most common areas for moving truck crashes are Florida, Texas, California, and Illinois.
- Distraction, fatigue, and driver error cause the most moving truck accidents around Chicago.
Your Right to Fair Compensation for Injuries Related to an Illinois Moving Truck Accident
If you have been injured in an accident with a moving van or truck driver due to negligent driving or reckless driving, you are entitled to fair compensation by Illinois law. The Chicago moving van truck accident lawyer of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC will seek the maximum compensation that the law allows, which includes considerations for the following.
- The cost of your medical treatment, including emergency care, surgeries, physical therapy and long-term care. Trucking accident injuries can be catastrophic and difficult to recover fully. In some cases, you may be forced to live with your injuries for the rest of your life. You should not be forced to pay for your medical costs in addition to your suffering, and we seek compensation for your medical bills now and in the future.
- Lost wages and opportunities. Every day that you remain at home during your recovery costs you money in lost wages. We evaluate the value of your wages over the full time of your physical healing as well as any lost opportunities when considering the worth of your case.
- Pain and suffering. According to Illinois law, you may receive what is deemed fair compensation for the physical and mental anguish you suffered due to your injuries and throughout your recovery. If your injuries are permanent, this is also considered when evaluating the value of your pain and suffering.
What You Should Do after a Chicago Truck Crash
Victims of truck accidents in Illinois need to act fast to protect their claims for financial compensation and other relief. They can take certain steps to guard against their award being lessened or removed entirely including the following especially with the aid of a qualified van truck accident lawyer.
First, get medical attention. Seeing a doctor is the best thing you can do to prevent further damage and to figure out what harm the large truck incident actually caused.
Second, write down all you can remember about the Chicago moving truck crash. Certain things might escape your memory later so it is important to have a contemporaneous account.
Third, consult with an experienced personal injury attorney. He or she can walk you through all the necessary steps to take in order to obtain relief and the precautions to take to avoid any pitfalls along the way.
This simple list is a good start down the path towards relief, but there will be more you need to do. Call our team of specialized large truck crash lawyers today and we can discuss how to do that!
Getting the Right Team after a Moving Truck Accident in Illinois
As mentioned above, Chicago personal injury lawsuits move fast. There are a lot needs to be done -and quickly- to ensure that the moving company acts responsible for the injuries it causes.
Hiring a competent law firm may assist you in these efforts. They can get out in the field and investigate; they can consult Illinois law on possible claims and relief; they can communicate with insurance companies regarding benefits; and they may even bring a case to court to make sure a jury hears your side and why you are entitled to recovery.
The right legal team may mean the difference in your Chicago moving truck accident lawsuit!
Let Us Fight on Your Behalf. Chicago Truck Accident Attorneys with Experience to Go the Distance for You!
You have enough to worry about without the additional burden of mounting medical bills and out of pocket expenses throughout your physical recovery. Let Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC handle the rest by allowing our moving truck attorneys to evaluate your case for free.
We will pursue the compensation that you are entitled to just as we have for thousands of clients just like you. Contact us today through phone or via our contact form to speak with a lawyer about your legal options or to arrange your risk-free consultation. If you cannot come to us, we will come to you.
We promise never to expect payment until we have successfully secured damages or negotiated a settlement in your best interest. If we are unable to do so, our services will be free of charge.