Moving truck accidents occur much more frequently than you may realize and are caused by a combination of inexperienced drivers and the rental of trucks that are far from roadworthy. Because it is not always clear who is responsible for an accident, these types of cases can be more difficult and require the expertise of a proven Chicago moving truck accident attorney. Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC is the most trusted and acclaimed law firm when it comes to securing the maximum compensation allowable for clients who have been severely injured in trucking accidents so that they can focus on their physical recovery instead of mounting medical bills and lost wages.
Moving Truck Accidents Present Complex Liability Issues
The first thought most people have following an accident involving a truck is that the driver should be held responsible, but it is never that simple. While the driver may contribute to many of these forms of accidents, other factors tend to be at play such as whether the vehicle was in proper working order and if an equipment malfunction caused the driver to lose control. The following are all considerations we make when evaluating fault in a moving truck accident case.
- Whether the driver was following the law at the time of the accident. Speeding, distracted driving, reckless driving and consumption of alcohol or controlled substances are all offenses that place fault squarely on the shoulders of the driver. Inexperience can also contribute, as drivers who have never operated big trucks before can fail to check their blind spot and drive at speeds that are unsafe for road conditions.
- The service records of the vehicle. Large truck rental companies have a horrible history about servicing their vehicles and performing inspections to ensure that they are in safe working order. They use loopholes to avoid oversight by the U.S Department of Transportation, but if it is uncovered that they are in violation of state and federal laws regarding the routine inspection and repair of their vehicle, they can be held liable in the event their trucks are involved in accidents.
- The possible impact of manufactural defects and design flaws. If an equipment failure contributed to the cause of the accident, it is possible to hold the manufacturer of the equipment liable, at least in part, for the contribution of the defective equipment to the cause of the accident.
Your Right to Fair Compensation For Injuries Related to an Illinois Moving Truck Accident
If you have been injured in an accident with a moving truck, you are entitled to fair compensation by Illinois law. The Chicago moving truck accident attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC will seek the maximum compensation that the law allows, which includes considerations for the following.
- The cost of your medical treatment, including emergency care, surgeries, physical therapy and long-term care. Trucking accident injuries can be catastrophic and difficult to recover fully. In some cases, you may be forced to live with your injuries for the rest of your life. You should not be forced to pay for your medical costs in addition to your suffering, and we seek compensation for your medical bills now and in the future.
- Lost wages and opportunities. Every day that you remain at home during your recovery costs you money in lost wages. We evaluate the value of your wages over the full time of your physical healing as well as any lost opportunities when considering the worth of your case.
- Pain and suffering. According to Illinois law, you may receive what is deemed fair compensation for the physical and mental anguish you suffered due to your injuries and throughout your recovery. If your injuries are permanent, this is also considered when evaluating the value of your pain and suffering.
Let Us Fight on Your Behalf. Truck Accident Attorneys With Experience to Go the Distance for You
You have enough to worry about without the additional burden of mounting medical bills and out of pocket expenses throughout your physical recovery. Let Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC handle the rest by allowing our moving truck attorneys to evaluate your case for free. We will pursue the compensation that you are entitled to just as we have for thousands of clients just like you. Contact us today to speak with a lawyer about your legal options or to arrange your risk-free consultation. If you cannot come to us, we will come to you.
We promise never to expect payment until we’ve successfully secured damages or negotiated a settlement in your best interest and if we are unable to do so, our services will be free of charge.