Memorial Medical Center Malpractice Lawyers
Memorial Medical Center is a 500-bed acute care facility located in Springfield Illinois, providing comprehensive outpatient and inpatient services for Sangamon County residents and visitors. The medical center is located at:
- 701 N. First St.
- Springfield, IL 62781
- (217) 788-3000
The medical facility is part of the Memorial Health System, a leading Illinois healthcare organization dedicated to providing patient care, research, and education. The hospital is Magnet-designated and features various medical services including rehabilitation, emergency services, heart and vascular services, transplant services, behavioral services and orthopedic solutions along with a Burn Center and Cancer Center.
The Springfield Memorial Medical Center maintains four specific state designations that include:
The facility provides optimal care to pregnant women and their newborns known to be at risk with medical complications.
The medical center is recognized as a Magnet-hospital that offers best nursing practices, quality interdisciplinary relationships and strong nursing leadership.
Trauma Center I
The facility provides level one trauma care with 24 hour accessible essential services and a helicopter landing pad.
Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP)
Emergency services are covered by specially trained medical professionals experienced in pediatric critical and emergency care.
Illinois hospitals are encouraged to follow proven protocols known to reduce the potential risk of patients developing serious life-threatening infections post-procedure and post-surgery. Through program participation, hospitals and medical centers can reduce infection rates acquired during the patient’s stay. The statistical numbers of facility-acquired infections that occurred at the Springfield Memorial Medical Center are based on accumulated data during 2014 that include:
- Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infection (CLABSI) between 01/01/2014 and 12/31/2014 Include:
- Infection in the Adult Surgical Cardiothoracic – 1 infection incident out of 1306 central line days.
- Infection in the Adult Surgical/Medical ICU – 5 infection incidents out of 1215 central line days.
- Infection in the Adult Surgical Intensive Care Unit – 2 infection incidents out of 2148 central line days.
- Infection in the Adult Medical Intensive Care Unit – 4 infection incidents out of 2220 central line days.
- Surgical Site Infection (SSI) between 07/01/2013 and 06/30/2014 Include:
- Post-Total Knee Replacement Surgery – 4 infection incidents out of 797 procedures.
- Post-Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgeries – 3 infection incidents out of 195 procedures.
- CDI and MRSA Bloodstream Infections between 01/01/2014 and 12/31/2014 Include:
- Onset Incident Rate of MRSA (Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus) – 8 infection incidents out of 123,943 patient days.
- Onset Incident Rate of CDI (Clostridium Difficile Infection) – 110 infection incidents out of 121,132 patient days.
Patient Safety Concerns
Patient safety measures collected and used by the Illinois Department of Public Health provide valuable data on potential complications and adverse events in the hospital after surgeries and procedures. The safety measures are used to notify public health coordinators, hospitals, and patients of the current safety concerns at hospitals and medical facilities throughout Illinois. The current patient safety concerns involving the Springfield Memorial Medical Center are based on data accumulated between 10/01/2013 and 09/30/2014 that include:
- Unexpected Death – 1 unexpected death out of 3463 patients at the medical facility.
- Postoperative Respiratory Failure – 42 incidents out of 4016 patients.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (Blood Clotting) or Postoperative Lung Embolism – 6 incidents out of 19,666 patients.
- Postoperative Hematomas and Hemorrhages – 43 incidents out of 7398 patients.
- Medical Care-Associated Collapsed Lung – 30 incidents out of 2674 patients.
- Abdominal Wall Surgery with Developed Wound Complications – 7 incidents out of 1028 patients, which is significantly worse when compared to the state average.
Springfield, Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you, or a loved one, have suffered harm after being admitted to Springfield Memorial Medical Center, your injuries might be the result of medical malpractice. The skilled personal injury attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC can serve as your legal representative and advocate to hold those responsible for your harm accountable for their neglect. We can file and build the case against every party responsible for committing medical malpractice to ensure you receive adequate recompense. We accept these types of cases on contingency, which means you pay no upfront fees while we aggressively protect your rights. We encourage you to schedule a free initial consultation by calling our law offices today.
Look here for more information about our Springfield, Il medical negligence practice here.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.