Memorial Hospital of Carbondale Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Memorial Hospital of Carbondale is a 154-bed “not for profit” facility providing services and cares for residents of Carbondale and Jackson County, Illinois. The Medical Center is located at:
404 West Jackson
Carbondale, IL 62902
In addition to providing emergency medical care to the community, the facility also offers:
- Birthing center
- Cancer care
- Breast center
- Joint replacement surgery
- Infusion therapy
- Vascular and heart care
- Supportive care
- Occupational health
- Laboratory services
- Sleep medicine
- Pediatric care
- Upswing recovery care
- Surgical services
- Wound care
- Weight loss surgery
When comparing this facility to other medical centers and hospitals nationwide, Jackson County Memorial Hospital of Carbondale maintains an overall “B” score, ranking it in the 59th percentile. The ranking is calculated using publicly available data including reported complications, inpatient cost efficiency, patient satisfaction and patient flow data. A low to median score might be indicative of a high percentage of medical error/mistakes and malpractice cases involving the hospital.
The emergency department at every hospital is a crucial component to providing quality emergent care to the local community. However, not every medical facility provides the highest level of care. According to Analytics MD, the Memorial Hospital of Carbondale Emergency Department ranks about average when compared to all other facilities in the United States in providing quick and effective treatment. The median to low and percentiles involving this facility include:
- Incoming Patient Flow (52nd percentile) – This ranking measures the efficiency when patients are initially evaluated by the medical team in the emergency department.
- Discharge Patient Flow (53rd percentile) – This ranking measures the efficiency of how the facility treats less sick patients who do not require admission to the facility.
- Admitted Patient Flow (41st percentile) – This ranking measures how efficiently the facility treats sicker patients who require admission to the facility.
- Frustrated Patients (67 percentile) – This ranking measures how often the patient leaving the emergency room becomes frustrated with the level of care and services that were provided.
- Overall Patient Satisfaction (59th percentile) – This ranking measures the patient’s experience in all departments of the hospital.
Illinois State Designations
Memorial Hospital of Carbondale maintains three specific state designations that include:
- Baby Friendly – This designation reveals of the facility has been recognized by the Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative that was established by UNICEF and WHO (World Health Organization) to ensure that newborns are provided the highest level of care when being breastfed. To obtain the recognition, the hospital must maintain a written breastfeeding policy incorporated into healthcare staff training. The program encourages breastfeeding on the baby’s demand, shows new mothers effective methods for breastfeeding and how to maintain lactation even when the mother is separated from the newborn.
- Perinatal II+ – As a Level II+ perinatal facility, the hospital must provide higher standards of care to childbearing women and their newborns. The facility has extended neonatal capabilities and can provide complex care to newborns and pregnant women when necessary. While the facility does not operate a neonatal intensive care nursery, they do provide special care covered by a facility’s neonatologist who has received special training to provide care to at-risk newborns. The program was designed to enhance perinatal outcomes through early detection and effective treatment to high-risk childbearing women and their fetus/newborn.
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP) – The EDAP designation means that the facility provides the highest level of around-the-clock emergent a critical care for pediatric patients. The program has been successful because it is facilitated by specially trained professionals who are highly educated in critical and emergency pediatric care. In addition, the hospital ensures adequate staffing is always on hand and makes available all the essential pediatric medications, supplies and equipment. The facility also follows established protocols for treating children who are injured, critically ill or have been abused.
Bloodstream Infection Rates
Illinois Department of Health monitors every medical care facility’s onset incident rates involving Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and Clostridium difficile infections (CDI) involving patients who have been at the facility for four days or longer. The bloodstream infection rate for Memorial Hospital of Carbondale in 2015 include:
- MRSA Facility-Acquired Incident Rate – 3 infections out of 36,548 Patient Days.
- CDI Facility-Acquired Incident Rate – 22 infections out of 32,253 Patient Days.
Carbondale Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you suspect your loved one has been injured through medical malpractice while a patient at Memorial Hospital of Carbondale, you must act quickly by calling the Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC law office to stop the mistreatment now. Let our reputable Carbondale personal injury attorneys handle every aspect of your compensation claim against every medical provider or entity that caused harm to your loved one.
Our law firm can handle every aspect of your medical malpractice claim and ensure that all necessary paperwork has been filed with the appropriate court. The Jackson County Courthouse contact information includes:
P.O. Box 730
Murphysboro, IL 62966
Circuit Court Clerk Cindy Svanda
We encourage you and your family to contact our Jackson County medical malpractice law office today by calling (888) 424-5757 to schedule your appointment for a comprehensive case review at no charge. No upfront fees are necessary because our law firm accepts all medical mistake compensation claims and wrongful death lawsuits on contingency.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.