Memorial Hospital Belleville Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Memorial Hospital – Belleville is a ‘not for profit’ 202-certified-bed facility providing cares to residents of Belleville and St. Clair County, Illinois. The medical center is located at:
4500 Memorial Dr.
Belleville, IL 62223
In a comparative analysis involving all medical centers and hospitals throughout the United States, Memorial Hospital – Belleville maintains an overall “A-” score, ranking it in the 75th percentile. The calculated ranking uses publicly available information including patient flow, patient satisfaction, and reported complications. A low to median score might indicate a high percentage of medical malpractice, mistakes, and errors occurring at the facility.
The ranking percentile emergency department at this facility includes:
- Incoming Patient Flow ranks in the 92nd percentile
- Discharge patient flow ranks in the 63rd percentile
- Admitted Patient Flow ranks in the 76th percentile
- Frustrated Patients ranks in the 76th percentile
- Overall Patient Satisfaction ranks in the 76th percentile
- Inpatient cost efficiency ranks in the 73rd percentile
Memorial Hospital currently holds three state designations that include:
- Perinatal II
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics
- Magnet Recognition
CLABSI and Surgical Site Infection Rates
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) monitors central line-associated bloodstream infection (CLABSI) rates to determine the level of care the hospital is providing. In addition, surgical site infections can occur after total knee replacement surgery and coronary artery bypass graft surgery. For 2015, the CLABSI and surgical site rates involving Memorial Hospital – Belleville included:
- Medical/Surgical ICU-Related Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infection Rate – 3 infection incidents out of 3090 central-line days
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery-Related Surgical Site Infection Rate – 3 infection incidents out of 146 procedures.
The IDPH determined that these rates were not “statistically significantly better worse in the national average.
Bloodstream Infection Rate
The IDPH monitors facility-acquired infection incident rates involving Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) and Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), two highly contagious diseases. This information is collected through laboratory testing results obtained after the patient has been at the facility for four days or longer. The health department can use this data to determine if bloodstream infection rates of the hospital are statistically lower or higher than the national average.
For 2014, the bloodstream infection rate at Memorial Hospital – Belleville included:
- Facility-Acquired MRSA Infection Incident Rate – 3 infection incidents out of 74,400 patient days.
- Facility-Acquired CDI Infection Incident Rate – 54 infections out of 70,854 patient days.
The Illinois Department of Public Health determined that these rates were “not statistically significantly better or worse than the national average.
Patient Safety Concerns
Data collected by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and made publicly available through report card methodology and risk adjustment rates. This data assists the Illinois Department of Public Health in determining if patient safety measurements involving potential adverse events and in-house complications are occurring after procedures and surgeries. For 2015, the patient safety concerns at Memorial Hospital – Belleville involved:
- Postoperative Lung Embolism or Deep Vein Thrombosis (Clotting) Rates – The risk-adjusted rate of 3.23 per 1009 incidents of 2739 patients was almost half the Illinois state average of 5.62 per 1000 patients.
- Accidental Puncture Laceration Rate – The risk-adjusted rate of 1.22 per 1000 or night incidents out of 13,259 patients was slightly lower than the Illinois state average of 1.45 per 1000 patients.
- Medical Care-Associated Collapsed Lung Rate – The risk-adjusted rate of 0.41 per 1000 or four incidents of 12,673 patients was nearly double the Illinois state average of 0.28 per 1000 patients.
- Postoperative Hemorrhage or Hematoma Rate – The risk-adjusted rate of 3.62 per 1009 incidents of 2600 patients was significantly less than the Illinois state average of 4.46 per 1000 patients.
The Illinois Department of Public Health determined that the rates above were “not statistically significantly better worse than the state average.
- Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate – The risk-adjusted rate of 18.35 per 1000 or 18 incidents out of 991 patients was more than two times higher than the Illinois state average of 8.04 per 1000 patients.
The IDPH determined that the rate above is “statistically significantly worse in the state average.
Belleville Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If your loved one has been injured or died prematurely while residing at Memorial Hospital – Belleville, call the Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC law firm now. Our Illinois personal injury attorneys have successfully represented clients who have been harmed, injured or died prematurely through medical malpractice by medical center health providers. Allow our team of attorneys to handle every aspect of your medical malpractice case beginning with filing all the necessary paperwork and documentation in the appropriate courthouse. The courthouse is located at:
10 Public Square
Belleville, Illinois 62220-1623
Circuit Court Clerk Kahalah A. Clay
We encourage you to contact our St. Clair County Medical Malpractice law offices by calling (888) 424-5757 today to schedule your comprehensive compensation lawsuit evaluation at no charge to you. There is no need to make any upfront payment because we accept all personal injury compensation claims, wrongful death lawsuits, and medical malpractice cases through contingency fee agreements. Our fees are paid only after we have negotiated an acceptable out of court settlement on your behalf or have won your case in front of a judge and jury. All information you share with our law offices will remain confidential.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.