McDonough District Hospital Medical Malpractice Lawyers
McDonough District Hospital is a 60-certified-bed Medical Center providing services to residents of Macomb and McDonough County, Illinois. The Government owned and operated hospital is located at:
525 East Grant Street
Macomb, IL 61455
In addition to providing emergency and critical care services to the local community, McDonough District Hospital offers other much-needed services that include:
- Behavioral health
- Dialysis care
- Diabetes education center
- Convenient care
- Cancer care
- Home health care
- Laboratory testing
- Senior behavioral health
- Pain Management Center
- Sports rehabilitation and medicine
- Food nutrition
- Day health
- Anticoagulation care
- Nuclear medicine
When comparing this facility to other medical centers and hospitals nationwide, McDonough District Hospital maintains an overall “B-” score, ranking it in the 44th percentile. The calculated ranking was determined through publicly available data that includes patient flow, staff responsiveness, patient satisfaction, patient/nurse communication, cost per patient day, and reported complications. Lower scores might indicate a high percentage of medical malpractice/mistakes and errors occurring at the facility.
Like all hospitals in Illinois, the level of services provided in the emergency department at McDonough District Hospital must be responsive to the community’s needs. Analytics MD collects emergency room data and makes it publicly available through ranking percentiles to use as a comparison between all medical facilities nationwide. The current percentile ranking for the emergency department at McDonough District Hospital include:
- Incoming Patient Flow (66th percentile) – This measurement ranks the efficiency of how patients are initially evaluated after arriving at the emergency room.
- Discharged Patient Flow (72nd percentile ) – This measurement ranks efficiency of how patients receive care before being discharged from the emergency room.
- Admitted Patient Flow (57th percentile) – This measurement ranks the efficiency of caring for sicker patients who will be admitted to the hospital from the emergency room.
- Frustrated Patients (52nd percentile) – This measurement ranks how frustrated patients are after receiving care and leaving the emergency department.
- Overall Patient Satisfaction (57th percentile) – This measurement determines the overall patient experience of the hospital for individuals receiving care in every department.
McDonough District Hospital currently holds two state designations that include:
- Perinatal II – As a Level II facility, the hospital is a part of the Illinois Regionalized Perinatal System providing cares and services to improve perinatal outcomes for childbearing women who are at high risk, along with their at-risk fetus or newborn. The Level II designation ensures that pregnant women and their newborns have access to additional services especially if they require specialized care for medical complications. However, the facility does not have a neonatal intensive care or special care nursery.
- Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP) – The EDAP designation indicates the facility has been recognized by the Emergency Medical Services for Children Program and the Illinois Department of Public Health for providing essential resources and maintaining capabilities to meet the critical care and emergency needs of injured and seriously ill pediatric patients. The designation indicates that the hospital participates in the Illinois-approved emergency medical system and operates an around-the-clock pediatric patient emergency department care.
Patient Safety Concerns
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) monitors publicly available information collected by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) on patient safety measures involving potential adverse events and health complications. These quality indicators help determine patient safety concerns. For 2015, the patient safety concerns involving McDonough District Hospital included:
- Accidental Puncture Laceration Rate – The risk-adjusted rate of 2.42 per 1000 patients or 2 incidents out of 1178 patients were nearly double the Illinois state average of 1.45 per 1000 patients.
- Postoperative Hemorrhage and Hematoma Rate – The risk-adjusted rate of 10.78 per 1000 patients or 2 incidents of 277 patients were more than double the Illinois state average of 4.46 per 1000 patients.
- Postoperative Respiratory Failure Rate – The risk-adjusted rate of 15.28 per 1000 patients or 2 incidents out of 139 patients was approximately half of the Illinois state average of 8.04 per 1000 patients.
Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) determined that the incident rates above were “not statistically significantly better or worse than the state average.
- Abdominal Wall Surgery Wound Complications Rate – The risk-adjusted rate of 26.75 per 1000 or 2 incidents out of 68 patients were more than 26 times greater than the Illinois state average of 1.03 per 1000 patients.
The IDPH determined that the rate involving abdominal wall wound surgery complications were “statistically significantly worse than the state average.
Macomb Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If your loved one harmed while a patient at McDonough District Hospital, contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC. Our reputable Macomb attorneys provide legal representation to victims of medical malpractice. Allow our legal team to file all the necessary paperwork for your medical malpractice case in the appropriate court. The courthouse in McDonough County is located at:
#1 Courthouse Square
Macomb, Illinois 61455
Circuit Court Clerk Kimberly Wilson
We encourage you to call our McDonough County Medical Malpractice law office today at (888) 424-5757 to schedule your appointment for a free, comprehensive case review. Your family is not required to make any upfront payment to receive our immediate services. Our fees are paid only once we have successfully resolved your wrongful death lawsuit or medical malpractice claim by winning your case in front of a judge and jury or negotiating an acceptable out of court settlement on your behalf.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.