Massac Memorial Hospital is a government-owned 25-certified-bed Medical Center providing cares and services to residents of Metropolis and Massac County, Illinois. The hospital is located at:
Metropolis, IL 62960
In addition to providing emergent and critical care services to the local community, Massac Memorial Hospital provides other services that include:
- Cardiopulmonary services
- Inpatient care
- Laboratory testing
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Transitional care
- Rehabilitative services
- Outpatient surgery
Comparing this facility to other medical centers and hospitals throughout the United States, Massac Memorial Hospital maintains an overall “B+” score, ranking it in the 63rd percentile. According to Analytics MD, the facility ranking was calculated using publicly available data that includes patient satisfaction, patient flow, patient/physician communication, staff responsiveness, ER admitted patient length of stay, and reported complications. Low percentile scores might indicate a high percentage of medical errors, mistakes and malpractice negligence happening at the hospital.
The level of services provided at the emergency department at every Illinois hospital is crucial to the local community. Publicly available data helps determine which hospitals provide the highest level of care and those that have significant issues. The current percentile ranking information on the emergency room at Massac Memorial Hospital includes:
- Incoming Patient Flow (60th percentile) – This measurement reveals the efficiency of how the medical team initially evaluates patients who just arrived at the emergency room.
- Discharged Patient Flow (60th percentile) – This measurement reveals the efficiency of how the medical team treats less sick patients who will be cared for and then discharged from the emergency room.
- Admitted Patient Flow (24th percentile) – This measurement reveals the efficiency of how the medical teams provide care and treatment to sicker patients will need to be admitted to the hospital from the ER.
- Frustrated Patients (50th percentile) – This measurement reveals how frustrated patients are when leaving the emergency department after receiving care and treatment.
- Overall Patient Satisfaction (78th percentile) – This measurement reveals the overall patient experience when receiving care in every department in the hospital.
A certain percentage of all hospital patients who were discharged from the facility will return due to an unforeseen medical complication or failure to make an easy transition into a nursing home or the family’s home. The Illinois Department of Public Health monitors readmission rates from data collected by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), which is made publicly available on their Hospital Compare website. The data accumulated between 07/01/2012 and 06/30/2015 involving readmission rates at Massac Memorial Hospital include:
- Pneumonia Patients Who Required Readmittance to the Hospital 30 Days after They Were Discharged – 18.9 percent.
- Heart Failure Patients Who Required Readmittance to the Facility within 30 Days after They Were Discharged – 21.8 percent.
Thirty-Day Mortality Rate and Inpatient Mortality Rate
The HHS Hospital Compare website provides publicly available information on patient mortality measurable indicators involving patients who died within 30 days after being admitted to the facility. Inpatient mortality rate data is publicly available through the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), which show how better processes of providing medical care have the potential of reducing short-term mortality. This information is reviewed and monitored by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
The Thirty-day mortality rate (from 07/01/2012 through 06/30/2015) and inpatient mortality rate (for 2015) involving Massac Memorial Hospital include:
- Pneumonia Patients Who Died within 30 Days after Being Admitted to the Facility – 15.6 percent, which is slightly lower than Illinois state average of 16.32 percent.
- Heart Failure Patients Who Died within 30 Days after Being Admitted to the Hospital – 10.5 percent, which is slightly lower than Illinois state average of 11.83 percent.
- Pneumonia Patient Risk-Adjusted Mortality Rate – 25.36 per 1000 or 2 deaths out of 123 patients, which is slightly higher than Illinois state average of 23.48 per 1000 patients.
- Congestive Heart Failure Patient Risk-Adjusted Mortality Rate – 28.12 per 1000 or 1 death out of 30 patients, which is significantly higher than the Illinois state average of 20.74 per 1000 patients.
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) determined that the rate adjusted mortality rates were not significantly statistically better or worse in the state average.
Metropolis Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you believe your loved one has suffered injury by medical malpractice while a patient at Massac Memorial Hospital, contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers today. Allow our reputable Metropolis attorneys to handle every aspect of your compensation claim against every individual or entity that caused harm to your loved one. Our years of experience in handling medical malpractice recompense claims can ensure a successful resolution of your complex case.
Let our legal team file all the necessary paperwork in the appropriate court to begin your medical malpractice case to ensure you receive the most compensation. In Massac County, the courthouse is located at:
101 W. 8th Street, Room 2D
Metropolis, Illinois 62960
Circuit Court Clerk Larry Grace
We encourage you and your family to contact our Massac County Medical Malpractice law office today by calling (888) 424-5757 to schedule your appointment for a comprehensive case review at no charge.Our fees are paid only if we have successfully resolved your compensation claim through a negotiated out-of-court settlement or by winning an award through a jury trial.