Loretto Hospital Malpractice Attorneys
Loretto Hospital is a 187-bed hospital provides cares and services to the residents and visitors of Cook County, Illinois. The facility is located at:
645 South Central Ave
Chicago IL 60644
The not-for-profit community hospital provides diverse services to the Chicago metropolitan area including the communities in and around Austin that include:
- Behavioral Health Care
- Critical Care
- Emergency Medical Care
- General Medicine
- Orthopedic Care
- On-site Laboratory
- Nutritional Services
- Physical, Speech and Occupational Therapies
- Diagnostic imaging
- Respiratory Care
- Pulmonary Care
- Vascular and Heart Health Care
- Eye Care
- Diabetes Care
- Cancer Screening
Illinois State Designations
Illinois health agencies recognize heightened levels of care provided by private and government-owned medical centers hospitals throughout the state. Currently, Loretto Hospital maintains no state designations.
Patient Safety Concerns
According to data supplied by the hospital to the Illinois Department of Health and other agencies, Loretto Hospital reported the following medical errors which may be of concern to patients and their families.
Health Care-Associated Infections
- Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections in the Adult Medical ICU (1/1/11 to 12/31/11) with one reported infection for 1491 central-line days.
- Health Care Facility Onset Incident Rate of CDI (for 2016) – Three patient suffered clostridium difficle infections out of 23,312 patient days. The statistical rate calculates to a standardized infection ratio of 0.25%.
The state of Illinois monitors every hospital and medical center to determine patient safety problems that exist inside the facility. Recent concerns involving Loretto Hospital include:
- Risk-Adjusted Postoperative Lung Embolism or Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT clotting) (for 2015) 1 out of 132 patients
- Accidental Lacerations and Punctures (for 2015) – 1 out of 3905 patients with a risk-adjusted rate of 1.66 per 1000, which is slightly higher than the Illinois average of 1.45 per 1000 patients.
- Medical Care-Associated Collapse Lung (for 2015) – 1 out of 38,074 patients with a risk-adjusted rate of 0.52 per 1000, which is nearly double the Illinois average of 0.28 per 1000 patients.
- Postoperative Respiratory Failure (for 2015) – 2 out of 67 patients suffered postoperative respiratory failure. This statistic has a risk-adjusted rate of 8.22 per 1000 patients, which is slightly higher than the Illinois State average of 8.04 per 1000.
- Iatrogenic Pneumothorax (healthcare-associated collapsed lung) 1 out of 6,505 patients
- Pneumonia Patients Readmittance Rate – 17.0% of all patients treated for pneumonia were readmitted to the facility after their discharge within 30 days (July 1, 2013, through June 30, 2016) this statistical rate is slightly higher than the national average (16.9%) and lower than the Illinois average (17.37%).
- Pneumonia Thirty-Day Mortality Rate – 13.6% of all patients treated for pneumonia between July 1, 2013, and June 30, 2016, died from the condition. The statistical rate is slightly lower than the national average (15.9%) and Illinois average (15.98%).
- Heart Failure Patient Readmittance Rate – 21.4% of all patients treated for heart failure and discharge from the facility were readmitted within 30 days (July 1, 2013, through June 30, 2016). This statistical rate is comparable to the State average (21.78%) and national average 21.6%).
- Heart Failure Thirty-Day Mortality Rate – 10.2% of all patients treated for heart failure between July 1, 2013, and June 30, 2016, died within 30 days of the condition. This statistical rate is slightly lower than the national average (11.9%) an Illinois average (11.67%).
If you suffered harm or became ill while you were a patient at Loretto Hospital, your injuries might be the result of medical negligence. The Medical Malpractice Attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC remain committed to protecting the public from errors occurring in medical settings. Contact our attorneys today schedule an appointment to discuss your case in a no-obligation, free consultation. Our lawyers can provide numerous legal options on how to proceed.
Our legal team accepts alt personal injury claims, wrongful death lawsuits, and medical malpractice cases through contingency fee arrangements. This agreement postpones every payment for legal services until after we have successfully resolved your case in a court of law or through a negotiated out of court settlement. We offer a “No Win/No-Fee” Guarantee, meaning if we are unable to secure financial compensation on your behalf, you owe us nothing.
Act fast, Illinois state statute of limitations restricts the amount of time you have to file a claim for compensation. Failing to act in time means if you miss the deadline, you forfeit all chances of obtaining monetary recovery in the future. All information you share with our legal team remains confidential.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.