If you have suffered an injury after taking a dangerous drug, it’s important to understand your options. Drug manufacturers, pharmacists, and doctors can be held legally liable for any medicine they produce, prescribe or fill that harms the patient. If you have suffered an injury caused by the negligent actions of another and received the wrong medication, the wrong dosage or a bad drug, you have the legal right to seek financial compensation for your damages. The bad drug injury attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC have represented thousands of clients who experience dangerous side effects and negative medication interactions from medicines that were approved by the FDA.
Before most to medications are made available in the United States medical marketplace, the manufacturer goes through a rigorous multi-stage approval process. During the development stages, a medication enters the testing process, and the manufacturer submits information in a detailed application for approval.
However, some pharmaceutical companies have sidestepped the process to bring their new medication quickly to the marketplace in the hopes of generating profits before its effectiveness in treating patients has been scientifically determined. Other companies fail to adequately test their products during a fast-track approval process on a large enough population before making the drug readily available only to find out its fatalistic design after it has been given to a large group of patients.
In 2010, Yale University conducted a study revealing that a third of all medications approved by the Food and Drug Administration might pose a significant safety risk and serious health concerns to consumers. This is a serious problem because many of these drugs that were once considered safe might have a potentially devastating effect on patients who suffer drug interactions, organ damage or death.
However, handling a medical malpractice or bad drug case without legal representation can be challenging because drug manufacturers employ highly skilled law firms to fight back against victims pursuing a dangerous drug claim. A reputable defective medication lawyer can assist victims and their loved ones who were injured or died from a bad drug or faulty medical device that could involve:
- Bladder cancer
- Birth control IUD migration
- Hip replacement
- Knee replacements
- Intestinal bleeding
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Cerebral hemorrhage
- Uterine cancer
- Wrongful death
Dangerous and Defective Medications
Consumers believe that if the FDA approved the medication, it must be safe and effective in all patients. However, this belief is simply not true. The most common drugs that were routinely pulled from the medical marketplace through a voluntary or FDA recall include antidepressants, SSRI, low testosterone therapy medicines, Lipitor, Lexapro, Invokana, Celexa, Accutane, Actos, Paxil, Tylenol, Zoloft, Zofran, Xarelto, and Yasmin.
If the pharmaceutical manufacturer failed to test the medication properly or neglected to adequately label or warn that the product is responsible for causing injuries or death, they could be held legally liable under product liability laws. A skilled attorney will file a defective product liability lawsuit to seek claims on behalf of their client who was either harmed or killed as a result of using the drug.
However, our Lincoln Park neighborhood law firm will file a lawsuit against every individual or entity responsible for bringing the drug to market or prescribing the medication and filling the prescription. Doctors can be held legally liable for writing out a prescription that is known to cause devastating consequences. The pharmacy and pharmacist can also be held legally responsible for their failure to fill the prescription properly at the correct dosage or by the doctor’s orders. These cases are built on medical malpractice.
About Chicago’s Lincoln Park Neighborhood
Lincoln Park is located on Chicago’s Northside. The community is known for its diverse entertainment, dining, and nightlife, and renowned for its Steppenwolf Theatre Company and Second City Comedy Club. The boundaries of Lincoln Park extend to Lake Michigan to the east, North Avenue to the south, the Chicago River to the west, and Diversey Parkway to the north.
The area was first established in 1824 when the U.S. Army constructed a small post at Armitage and Clybourn Avenue. Chicago annexed the Lakeview Township area that included Lincoln Park in 1889, more than twenty years after Lincoln Park Zoo opened its doors to the public. Lincoln Park thrived until the Great Depression when the area fell into disrepair. By 1954, a concerned neighborhood founded the Lincoln Park Conservation Association to stop the deterioration of homes in the community.
The Lincoln Park community is made up of neighborhoods including West DePaul, RANCH Triangle, Park West, Chef, Oldtown Triangle, Mid-North, Wrightwood Neighbors, and Lincoln Central. Educational opportunities in the neighborhood include the Francis W. Parker School, Lincoln Park High School, and DePaul University. The Chicago Public Schools system operates primary and secondary schools in the community. The affluent single-family homes of Lincoln Park are priced between $1 million and $10 million or more.
Commuters have access to Chicagoland through the Chicago Transportation Authority on the Purple, Brown and Red Lines, the CTA bus service, or by car on the Kennedy Expressway or Lake Shore Drive.
Lincoln Park Neighborhood Contact Information
Ward 43 Alderman Michele Smith
2523 N. Halsted St.
Chicago, IL 60614
Ward 44 Alderman Thomas Tunney
1057 W. Belmont Ave.
Chicago, IL 60657
Ward 32 Alderman Scott Waguespack
2657 N. Clybourn Ave.
Chicago, IL 60614
Ward 27 Alderman Walter Burnett, Jr.
1463 W. Chicago Ave.
Chicago, IL 60622
Ward 1 Alderman Proco Joe Moreno
2058 N. Western Ave.
Chicago, IL 60647
Ward 42 Alderman Brendan Reilly
325 W. Huron St. #510
Chicago, IL 60654
Lincoln Central (The Heart of the Neighborhood)
P. O. Box 14306
Chicago, IL 60614
Wrightwood Neighbors Association
P.O. Box 147179,
Chicago, IL 60614
Sheffield Neighborhood Association
2233 North Kenmore Avenue
Chicago, IL 60614
P.O. Box 14780
Chicago, IL 60614
2506 N. Clark St.
Chicago, IL 60614-2038
Why Hire Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC?
The product liability attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC push back hard against multibillion-dollar pharmaceutical manufacturers to protect the legal rights of the injured. Currently, our law firm has successfully resolved thousands of cases and obtained many millions of dollars in compensation for our clients.
Most of our cases are not class action lawsuits but are individually litigated in Illinois county courthouses. We build our cases on the support of the evidence, the extent of the injury suffered by our client, and the amount of compensation required for lost earning capacity, future hospitalization, surgery and medical care due to the interaction and side effects caused by the defective medical device or bad drug.
We urge to contact us today by filling in the online form or calling us at (888) 424-5757 now. We provide a confidential, no-obligation case evaluation. Our attorneys are passionate at holding drug manufacturers financially and legally accountable for allowing patients to take their defective medication. We accept all personal injury, product liability and wrongful death cases through contingency fee agreements. This arrangement allows us to provide immediate legal representation without the need of you paying an upfront fee. We are paid out of your jury trial award or negotiated an out-of-court settlement.
- Andersonville Illinois Neighborhood
- Austin Illinois Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Boystown Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Chicago Personal Injury Attorney Serving the Bridgeport Neighborhood Area
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving the Bronzeville Neighborhood
- Bucktown Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Chinatown Illinois Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Residents of Englewood Illinois Neighborhood
- Gold Coast Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Grant Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving Residents of Humboldt Park Neighborhood
- Personal Injury Attorneys Providing Legal Services to Hyde Park Illinois Residents
- Jefferson Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Lincoln Square Neighborhood
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving the Little Italy Neighborhood
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving the Logan Square Neighborhood
- Chicago Loop Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Magnificent Mile Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Millennium Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Near North Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Personal Injury Attorneys Providing Legal Services to The Near West Neighborhood
- Chicago’s North Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Lawyers Serving the Old Town Neighborhood
- Pilsen Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Portage Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Pullman Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Personal Injury Attorneys Serving River North Neighborhood
- Riverdale Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys
- Roseland Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Rogers Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Personal Injury Law Firm Serving South Shore Neighborhood
- Ukrainian Village Personal Injury Attorneys
- South Loop Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Office
- West Loop Neighborhood Personal Injury Lawyers
- Wicker Park Neighborhood Personal Injury Law Firm
- Wrigleyville Neighborhood Personal Injury Attorneys