Lexington of Lagrange
Lexington of Lagrange is a 120 bed nursing home located in Cook County, Illinois at:
Lexington of Lagrange
4735 Willow Springs Road
Lagrange, IL 60525
It is a health care center that provides its nursing facilities of approximately 120 beds to members of the public. Statistics from the state nursing board of Illinois, list Lexington of Lagrange as a provider of the following Medicare assistance:
- Alzheimer Disease
- Blood Disorders
- Digestive System
- Circulatory System
- Respiratory System
- Genitourinary System Disorders
- Skin Disorders
- Musculo-Skeletal Disorders
- Nervous System
- Other Medical Conditions
Concerning Findings Regarding Patient Care at Lexington of Lagrange
A survey conducted by the Illinois department of health and other private health Inspection organizations ProPublica, unearthed numerous episodes of poor patient care and laxity that could be labeled under the term of nursing home negligence. Our nursing home attorneys were contacted to review these findings and we came up with the following facts/conditions that highlighted the possibility of negligence on the part of Lexington of Lagrange:
- Failure to safely transport residents: “According to the closed medical record, R1 was a [AGE] year old with [DIAGNOSES REDACTED]. According to the medical record and E3 on 2/4/11, 2:45 PM, R1 had to be transported by wheelchair and was pushed by staff. According to E2 on 2/4/11 at 4:30 PM in the conference room, R1 had a habit of dropping her feet down while being pushed in the wheelchair. E2 said that R1’s foot got caught as she was being pushed in the wheelchair on 11/24/10, resulting in R1 falling from the wheelchair before staff could catch her and lacerating the left side of her forehead. R1 was sent to the emergency room for stitches for the laceration of the left forehead. Z1 (family member) stated that he was informed by the nurse on duty at the time of the fall that the wheelchair did not have leg guards on it that day.” Learn about handicapped transportation here.
- Failure to ensure residents are free from medication errors: “On April 10, 2012 at 10:03 am on the first floor, E4 (Licensed Practical Nurse) administered medications to R6. E4 opened a [MEDICATION NAME] (250 mg) capsule and placed it in a cup and added 30 ml of water. There was a clump of powder remaining at the bottom of the cup. E4 states, “The clumped portion will not go through so I’m not able to give all of it.” E4 gave the medication more than 1 hour
after the scheduled time. On April 11, 2012 at 10:15 am, E5 (Licensed Practical Nurse) administered 1/4 tablet of [MEDICATION NAME] 25 mg and 1 tablet of Potassium Chloride 20 milli-equivalents to R20. E5 administered the medications more than 1 hour after the time ordered for the medications.”
Lagrange, IL Nursing Home Attorneys
The Illinois Nursing Home Attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers represent families and individuals who have suffered an episode of abuse or neglect during an admission to a facility. Many of our nursing home lawsuits involve the following situations:
- Bed Sores / Pressure Pores
- Repeated Falls
- Dropped Patients
- Medication Errors
- Physical Abuse
- Patient Wandering
- Wrongful Death
Is your loved one a Victim? Take the first Step Today.
Is your loved one admitted at Lexington of Lagrange? And have you noticed any circumstances or symptoms of neglect and abuse? If your answer is “Yes”, do not hesitate to speak to a nursing home attorney today.
Why not call us today (888) 424-5757 for a free consultation to discuss the experiences of your loved one in any nursing facility in Illinois. We place no charges on all initial consultations and neither do we charge you a dime till we provide you with the recovery you deserve.