Chicago Left-Turn Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Left-turn collisions pose considerable risks to motorcyclists. Bikers may be involved in these accidents through no fault of their own. A negligent or distracted driver making a turn without yielding to a motorcyclist coming from the opposite direction can cause a crash resulting in serious injuries or even a fatality.When a negligent driver fails to yield to an oncoming biker and makes left-turn, the biker is left with little time to react and get out of the way. A serious accident is usually the result of a poor driving decision on the part of the motorist making the turn. A motorcycle rider’s injuries can be even worse if he or she is not wearing a helmet or other protective gear.
If you or your family member has suffered severe injuries in a left-hand turn motorcycle collision, we invite you to speak with the Chicago motorcycle accident attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC. Our lawyers have years of experience helping motorcycle riders across Illinois recover financial compensation for personal injuries related to an accident. We always offer free consultations and never charge a legal fee unless we are successful on your behalf.
Illinois Statistics for Left-Turn Collisions Involving Injured MotorcyclistsThe Illinois Department of Transportation has carefully assembled a report tracking the number of motorcycle collisions for 2015. Motorcycle crashes made up a total of 1.6 percent of all crashes in Illinois in 2015. While this may seem like a small percentage, the figure behind this percentage amounts to a total of 4,231 crashes. Sadly, there were 148 motorcyclists killed in these crashes.
The motorcycle crash statistics for proffered by the Illinois Department of Transportation are further broken down as follows:
- 186 left turn motorcycle crashes
- 125 right turn motorcycle crashes
- 2,258 straight-ahead crashes
- 400 stopped in traffic accidents
- 96 accidents caused by passing vehicles
- 572 accidents caused by loss of control
- 73 accidents caused by changing lanes
- 149 accidents caused by parked cars
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Amputated limbs
- Fractured bones
- Abdominal or other internal injuries
Causes of Left Turn Accidents on the RoadMany factors can cause left-turn collisions. It is crucial that motorcycle drivers ride on the road with awareness and caution at all times. Here are some of the Illinois traffic law violations that can result in left-turn accidents on the road:
- Failure to pay attention or yield to the right of way
- Trying to turn before the light on a traffic signal changes
- Passing other vehicles
- Driving into an intersection at the wrong time or failing to yield to oncoming traffic
- Distracted driving due to texting, listening to loud music or conversing with others on a smartphone
- Eating or drinking while driving
- Making unsafe lane changes
- Inability to see stop signs, stoplights or other traffic signals
Insurance Companies Evaluation of Chicago Motorcycle AccidentsOur extensive experience representing injured motorcyclists in the Chicago area has given us insights into how these cases are evaluated by insurance adjusters-- the people making decisions about the settlement of the case. Even when a police report puts the blame squarely on a motorist, an adjuster may assert that the motorcyclist was partially to blame or should shoulder some comparative fault for the crash.
Consequently, our lawyers begin preparing each case as though it will be vigorously defended by an insurance company during settlement negotiations or at trial. From the time we are retained, we begin gathering evidence to protect the injured motorcyclist's legal rights. We frequently proceed with the following investigation:
- Order police reports and other investigative documents
- Gather medical records and medical bills
- Meet with treating physicians to have them prepare reports on the resulting injuries and anticipated medical expenses
- Photograph the scene of the accident
Contact Left Turn Motorcycle Collision Lawyers for Help Today
Contact our motorcycle injury attorneys to set up a free consultation for a review of your case today. Our attorneys can address all your questions and concerns. We are glad to assist you in your time of need and will do our best to assess your legal situation. Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC is proud to be the law firm injured bikers turn to after an accident. We represent riders from across Illinois and Midwest.