Lawrence County Memorial Hospital Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Lawrence County Memorial Hospital is a 25-bed “not for profit” facility providing cares and services to residents of Lawrenceville and Lawrence County, Illinois. The Medical Center is located at:
2200 West State Street
Lawrenceville, IL 62439
In addition to providing emergency medical care, the facility also offers laboratory services and cardiopulmonary services including aerosol therapy, chest percussion therapy, physical therapy, radiology, primary care, nebulizer therapy, pulse oximetry, oxygen therapy, pulmonary function testing, HEPA mask fit testing, stress testing and trach care.
The facility also provides patients a cardiac rehabilitation program that is supervised by a professional medical team to assist individuals recovering from:
- Heart attacks
- Coronary bypass graft surgery
- Valve replacement
- PCI (percutaneous coronary intervention) procedures including angioplasty and stenting
Services are provided by physicians, nurses and other highly trained medical personnel to ensure that the individual reaches their maximum physical, vocational, social and emotional potential.
Bloodstream Infection Rates
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) routinely monitors publicly available information on facility-acquired incident rates involving Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and Clostridium difficile infections (CDI). This information is gathered through laboratory test results involving patients who have been at the facility for at least four days or longer. The health department uses this information to determine if bloodstream infection rates are statistically higher or lower than national averages.
For the entire year of 2015, the MRSA and CDI bloodstream infection rate at Lawrence County Memorial Hospital involve:
- Clostridium Difficile Infections (CDI) Facility-Acquired Incident Rate – 1 infection incident out of 2437 Patient Days. The IDPH determined that this rate was “not statistically significantly worse or better than the national average.”
- Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) Facility-Acquired Incident Rate – 0 infection incidents out of 2437 Patient Days.
Readmission and Inpatient Mortality Rates
The US Department of Health and Human Services maintains publicly available information posted on their Hospital Compare website detailing Readmission Rates, 30-Day Mortality Rate, and Inpatient Mortality Rate. This includes the percentage rate of patients who needed to be readmitted to the facility within 30 days after being discharged due to a serious complication, medical mistake or challenges of relocating to a nursing facility or back to the family’s home.
Additional information includes the hospital’s 30-day mortality rate where a certain percentage of patients suffering challenging medical conditions died within 30 days after being admitted to the facility. Finally, the data includes inpatient mortality rates gathered by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) that reveals the process of care used by the facility that resulted in a short-term mortality. The current readmission, 30-day and inpatient mortality rates for Lawrence County Memorial Hospital between 07/01/2012 and 06/30/2015 include:
- The Percentage of Pneumonia Patients That Were Readmitted to the Facility within 30 Days – 17.7 percent, which is nearly statistically identical to the Illinois state average of 17.56 percent.
- The Percentage of Heart Failure Patients Who Were Readmitted to the Hospital within 30 days – 21.1 percent, which is slightly lower than the Illinois state average of 22.09 percent.
- The Pneumonia Patient 30 Date Mortality Rate – 14.4 percent, which is significantly lower than the Illinois state average of 16.32 percent.
- The Heart Failure Patient 30 Day Mortality Rate – 12.8 percent which is slightly higher than the Illinois state average of 11.83 percent.
- The Congestive Heart Failure Risk-Adjusted Mortality Rate (01/01/2015 through 12/31/2015) – 37.18 per 1000 patients or 1 incident out of 42 patients. This risk-adjusted rate is near twice the Illinois state average of 20.74 per 1000 patients.
Infection Prevention Staffing
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) issued licensing requirements that mandates every hospital two develop, implement and enforce Infection Prevention and Control Programs to diminish the growing infection problems. These programs are designed to prevent infection by educating the staff on how to reduce facility infection by transmission and cross-contamination.
These measurements are calculated by the number of infection prevention and control staff members for every 100 beds in the facility. The infection prevention staffing numbers for Lawrence County Memorial Hospital regarding the year 2015 include:
- The Number of Infection Prevention and Control Staff Members for Every 100 Beds – 3.6 per 100 beds.
- The Number of CIC (Certified in Infection Control) Infection Prevention and Control Staff Members per 100 beds – 0 per 100 beds.
Lawrenceville Illinois Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you believe your loved one has suffered serious injuries or died prematurely through medical malpractice while a patient at Lawrence County Memorial Hospital, contact the law offices of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today. Let our experienced Lawrenceville personal injury attorneys legally represent you by filing and resolving your claim for compensation against the hospital, doctors, nurses and staff who caused your loved one harm.
We can handle every aspect of your case including filing all the required paperwork and documentation in the appropriate court. In Lawrence County, the courthouse is located at:
1100 State Street
Lawrenceville, Illinois 62439
Circuit Court Clerk Peggy Frederick
We encourage you to contact our Lawrence County medical malpractice law office today by calling (888) 424-5757 to schedule your appointment for a comprehensive case review at no charge. Our law firm does not require any upfront payment because we accept all nursing home neglect and abuse cases through contingency fee agreements.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.