As one of the largest cities in Illinois, Joliet has a rich industrial history and even though many of its blue collar jobs left during the recession, a significant portion of its population continues to work in blue collar professions. The Joliet workers compensation attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC are called upon regularly to look after the interests of those injured in workplace accidents. Illinois means business when it comes to workers’ rights, but many of those harmed on the job are not aware of their rights— opening them to exploitation by their employers and insurance companies. We will make it easy for you to recover damages without the hassles and worries that often accompany workers’ compensation claims.
If you or a family member was injured on the job and are in need of a Joliet workers compensation lawyer, contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today for a free consultation.
The Significance of Labor in Joliet’s Job Market
When the recession struck, many of the industrial jobs throughout the American Rust Belt were sent elsewhere and cities like Joliet needed to adapt in order to survive. The city has a diverse economy at the moment, but due to its location at the intersection of several major interstates, Joliet is still home to numerous manufacturers and transportation companies. Manufacturing jobs account for 16% of the total in Joliet and transportation and logistics accounts for another 9%. Construction is thriving in the city as well and 9% of jobs are contributed by the construction industry.
These industries are more dangerous than most other occupations and present unique risks to the workers who knowingly place their bodies and lives on the line to perform their duties each day. In return, they are assured benefits in the event that they are sidelined for a significant period of time or suffer injuries that leave them permanently disabled. Due to the fact that employers carry insurance policies to cover these costs, most of the battles are not actually fought between employees and their employers, but instead between the injured employee and an insurance company.
Your Rights Following an Accident On-The-Job in Joliet, IL
Our Joliet workers compensation lawyers realize that many injured workers never file claims after they have been hurt because they are not sure whether they can prove their employer or a coworker was at fault. The truth of the matter is that you are guaranteed workers’ compensation benefits even if you were at fault for an accident and your employer is prohibited from denying your benefits or providing misleading information to deter workers from seeking compensation. Following are all of your rights when you have suffered an injury while on the job.
- The right to seek immediate medical care for your injuries and to receive rehabilitative care throughout your physical recovery. Some employers’ insurance companies make attempts to intimidate victims into only using doctors within a smaller network that has a special billing arrangement with the insurer. The law allows you to choose your own doctors and specialists, however, and you may recover the full value of your past and future medical bills.
- The right to collect wages while recovering or suffering from a disability. You are guaranteed 67% of your regular pay during your time off of work related to a temporary disability. If you are paid by the hour, the value of this benefit will be calculated based on the average number of hours worked. If you have become permanently disabled due to your injuries, you will receive additional compensation to cover the loss of opportunity and wages throughout the remainder of your life.
- The right to pursue additional compensation in the event that negligence or a product defect contributed to your injuries. If you were injured because your employer did not provide a safe work environment or an equipment manufacturer produced a defective machine that failed to perform its intended purpose, you have the ability to file a lawsuit against your employer or a third party to recover additional compensation.
- The right to collect benefits on behalf of a family member killed in a workplace accident. If your loved one died in an accident at work, you have the right to collect compensation both to replace his or her financial contribution to your family and for the loss of consortium resulting from your loss. Damages that may be awarded include compensation for the value of your loved one’s wages, lost benefits, the cost of funeral and burial services and the emotional distress suffered by your family due to your loss.
Your employer and the insurance company handling your claim are not allowed to make any attempt to deny or delay the payment of your benefits. Attempts to do so can result in the awarding of punitive damages to victims in addition to the benefits they are entitled to receive. All workers’ compensation disputes are handled by the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission.
The hearing site for claims filed in the Joliet area is located at:
New Lenox Village Hall
1 Veterans Parkway
New Lenox, IL 60451
Why You Need Legal Representation For A Joliet Work Accident
Nearly 86% of workers injured in workplace accidents retain legal representation prior to filing their claims now and this is primarily due to the frustration many feel when attempting to negotiate a settlement with their employers. The exploitation of injured workers is illegal, but insurance companies often try to use loopholes to force victims into accepting settlements that are not in their best interests. In some cases, employers violate employment laws by not obtaining the insurance required to cover their workers. The complexity of work laws and methods by which employers and insurance companies try to avoid responsibility makes the services of a Joliet workers’ compensation attorney a necessity in order to ensure you receive the full amount of compensation that you are entitled to.
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC is an award-winning work comp law firm because our approach is more comprehensive than just the legal side of your case. We want to make sure that you are able to focus on your physical recovery so that you can move forward with your life. We do this by connecting you to our network of medical professionals and specialists, ensuring you receive high-quality care and opinions from experts in their fields. Some of those same professionals can provide valuable testimony to support the value of your case as well. Once we’ve placed you on the path to your physical recovery, our experienced workers compensation lawyers will use their knowledge of Illinois work laws to ensure your bills and expenses are completely covered.
Contact us today to speak with one of our Joliet workers compensation attorneys during a free consultation and case review. We will be happy to answer any of your questions, collect all of the information we need to investigate the details of your case and explore every avenue available so that you are aware of all of your legal options. If we cannot assist you in securing the compensation that you are entitled to for any reason at all; our services and time will be free of charge.
For additional information see the following pages:
- Aurora Workers Compensation
- Champaign Workers Compensation
- Cicero Workers Compensation
- Decatur Workers Compensation
- Elgin Workers Compensation
- Naperville Workers Compensation
- Peoria Workers Compensation
- Rockford Workers Compensation
- Schaumburg Workers Compensation
- Springfield Workers Compensation
- Waukegan Workers Compensation