Jackson Park Hospital Malpractice Lawyers
Jackson Park Hospital is a 261-bed hospital provides cares and services to the residents and visitors of the Chicago metropolitan area. The facility is located in Cook County, Illinois at:
7531 S Stony Island Ave
Chicago IL 60649
The local area hospital provides diverse cares and services to the community that includes:
- Behavioral Health Care
- Medical emergency services
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Diabetes treatment and education
- Medical stabilization
- Surgical services
- Physical therapies
- Partial hospitalization program
- Vascular care
Illinois State Designations
Jackson Park Hospital has the following designations:
- Perinatal II – The State of Illinois through its regional perineal system recognizes Jackson Park as a Perinatal Level II facility that provides care and services to pregnant mothers and their newborns at risk of medical complications. However, the facility does not offer a neonatal care nursery.
Every medical center and hospital throughout the nation has problems with their medical care. To track issues, the state of Illinois reviews rankings and statistics to identify certain life-threatening issues. Below are the current patient safety concerns involving Jackson Park Hospital.
- Healthcare Facility Onset Incident Rate of CDI for 2016 – One patient suffered from a facility-acquired case of Clostridium difficile infection out of 32,488 patient days. The statistical incident rate was determined to be 0.09%.
- Postoperative Lung Embolism or Deep Vein Thrombosis (clotting) for 2015 – There were two incidents out of 157 patients for a risk-adjusted rate of 11.41 per 1000 patients. The statistic is almost twice the Illinois State average of 5.62 per 1000 patients.
- Accidental Puncture and Laceration (for 2015) – There was one patient out of 5241 patients who suffered from a punctured wound or accidental laceration. This statistical risk-adjusted rate of 1.36 per thousand patients was comparable to the Illinois State average of 1.45 for 1000.
- Postoperative Respiratory Failure (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 1 out of 37 patients.
- Pneumonia Patient Hospital Readmittance Rate – 17.5% of all patients treated for pneumonia were readmitted to the facility within 30 days between July 1, 2013, and June 30, 2016. This rate was slightly higher than the national average (16.9%) and the Illinois average (17.37%).
- Pneumonia Thirty-Day Mortality Rate – 13.4% of all patients treated for pneumonia at Jackson Park Hospital died within 30 days between July 1, 2013, and June 30, 2016. This statistical rate was slightly lower than the national average (15.9%) and Illinois average (15.98%).
- Heart Failure Patient Hospital Readmittance Rate – 25.8% of all patients treated for heart failure were readmitted to the facility after discharge within 30 days between July 1, 2013, and June 30, 2016. This rate was significantly higher than the national average (21.6%) and the Illinois average (21.78%).
- Heart Failure Thirty-Day Mortality Rate – 10.7% of all patients treated for heart failure at the hospital died within 30 days between July 1, 2013, and June 30, 2016. This statistical rate is slightly lower than the national average (11.9%) and the Illinois average (11.67%).
- Congestive Heart Failure Risk-Adjusted Mortality Rate – The facility has a risk-adjusted rate of 22.14 per 1000 patients after 4 of 209 patients died from congestive heart failure. This rating is slightly higher than the Illinois average of 20.74 per 1000 patients.
Maternal Safety and Utilization
- Obstetric Trauma – Vaginal without Instrument (10/1/10 to 9/30/11) 1 out of 158 patients
If you suffered harm or injury while you were a patient of Jackson Park Hospital, your damages might be the result of medical negligence by the hospital, doctor or nursing team. The Medical Malpractice Attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC can assist you in protecting you from errors and mistakes occurring in medical settings. Contact our attorneys today to schedule a free, no obligation case consultation.
Our lawyers accept all personal injury claims, wrongful death lawsuits, medical malpractice cases through contingency fee agreements. This arrangement postpones payment of our legal services until after we have successfully resolved your case in a court of law or through a negotiated out-of-court settlement. We provide a “No Win/No-Fee” Guarantee, which means you owe us nothing if we cannot secure financial compensation on your behalf. All information you share with our legal team remains confidential.
For more information about , please contact Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC today by calling 888-424-5757. Talk to a lawyer now. Free consultation.