The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), under the US Department of Transportation, maintains trucking company safety records, for trucking lines including J.B. Hunt. Over the course of 24 months beginning in early 2014, J.B. Hunt Transport was involved in nearly 800 crashes, resulting in 253 injuries and 23 fatalities.
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC is committed to protecting the legal rights of people injured in accidents with JB Hunt vehicles. We encourage you to talk with our truck accident attorneys before speaking with any JB Hunt representative about the circumstances surrounding the crash. Contact our office now for a free case review by an experienced lawyer.
National Transport Giant
J.B. Hunt currently operates nearly 12,000 transport 18-wheelers across the U.S. and Canada, with over 13,000 drivers. The extended miles traveled by the company every year across North American highways place a heavy burden on the truck company management and supervisory staff, along with the thousands of truckers they employ.
The J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. trucking company is a leading logistics company offering transportation services across North America, including Canada and Mexico. This Arkansas-based Fortune 500 company was first incorporated in 1961 before going public in 1983.
The company specializes in long-term contract freight movement deliveries. Its primary business focuses on loading and delivery opportunities using a variety of trucks including refrigerated trailers, flatbeds, and dry vans.
High Accident Rate For J.B. Hunt Compared With Other Carriers
J.B. Hunt Transport is part of a vast cargo transport network traveling the highways in large commercial trucks every day. Unfortunately, a large number of 18-wheelers, semi-trucks, flatbeds, and commercial box vans using the freeways and side roads of America pose significant risks to the safety and health of other motorists on the road, especially passenger vehicles.
Many of the accidents with injuries or wrongful death involve large commercial trucks. Some motorists and passengers sharing the highways with J.B. Hunt Transport have become victims of collisions with its company trucks. Typically, the most common causes of large commercial truck accidents include:
- Distracted Driving – Truckers can be found negligent in causing an accident because of unsafe behavior. Distractions causing driving accidents involve reading, texting or talking on a mobile device, diverting attention to smart devices are computers or driving while “lost in thought.”
- Drunk Driving – Intoxication or driving under the influence of drugs is a serious issue, especially when it involves a fully loaded semi-truck weighing 80,000 pounds. Drug use or intoxication often cause truck drivers to make serious mistakes on the highway including aggressive driving, excessive speed, falling asleep, drifting in and out of lanes, or failing to use turn signals and headlights.
- Commercial Truck Driver Fatigue – Even though every truck driver must comply with federal regulations to maintain proper “hours of service,” trucking companies often place unrealistic commitments and deadlines for delivering cargo on time. As a result, truckers will ignore being fatigued or tired, which can put other motorists and passengers in great peril of serious injuries or fatalities. Truckers often make dangerous driving decisions when fatigued.
- Improper Turning or Passing – Truckers are often constrained both practically and legally when passing other vehicles. When they fail to obey safe driving habits, they run the risk of causing a truck accident with severe injuries. Some truckers improperly pass in an intersection, forget to use turn signals, neglect checking blind spots, or maneuver around other vehicles in a no-passing zone.
- Excessive Speed – Speeding or reckless driving can cause the trucker to lose control of their large commercial vehicle. The excessive speed can minimize visibility, cause hydroplaning/skidding, or decrease the ability to react to any sudden change.
Legal Options Available To Those Involved In An Injury Accident With a J.B. Hunt Truck
Unfortunately for a lot of motorists on the road, little can be done to prevent negligent or reckless actions of a careless trucker or trucking company. Individuals suffering injuries or families that have lost loved ones due to a serious J.B. Hunt truck accident usually face expensive medical bills, lost wages, considerable vehicle damage, funeral and burial costs along with mental anguish, pain, and suffering.
The most common injuries sustained in serious truck accidents include:
- Traumatic brain and head injury
- Bone, neck, back, muscle and joint injuries
- Scarring and burns
- Spinal cord injury
- Permanent disability
- Wrongful death
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC specialize in 18-Wheeler accidents and help victims pursue adequate financial compensation for their losses. Our attorneys can file a claim for victims involved in a J.B. Hunt truck accident against all responsible parties. Those legally responsible often include the truck driver, trucking company, maintenance crews, mechanics, truck manufacturer and others. Contact the law firm at (888) 424-5757 to schedule a no obligation, free initial consultation to discuss all legal options in handling a large transport truck accident claim.