Yes, a qualified personal injury firm will be able to offer substantial resources, experience, skill, and care to your bicycle accident case.
What Can A Chicago Bicycle Accident Attorney Do For Me?
Attorneys are useful in bicycle accidents as they can make the post-accident process easier for you. They do the work to obtain police reports, and other relevant information necessary for your recovery, as well as help you through the insurance claim process. Chicago bike accident lawyers are there to fight for the best outcome for you, unlike insurance companies, who want the best bottom line for themselves. They can negotiate with the insurance companies, and they know what personal information is necessary to turn over and what is not, especially regarding medical authorizations (see FAQ #6).
What Legal Guidance Can A Chicago Bicycle Accident Attorney Give Me?
Attorneys can also provide guidance on what documents mean and what consequences they have on your ability to recover. A good example of this is release forms, which release the insurance company from paying any more money on your particular claim after you sign, even if your injury gets worse. Your attorney may advise that you do not sign a release form with the insurance company so that in the event your injuries from the accident worsen, you will not be barred from recovering more money in the future. Additionally, an attorney can be invaluable in the event that an insurance company decides against you.
How Can I Help My Case By Myself?
There are a number of things that you can do to advance your case by yourself. First, talk to your lawyers as much as you can. You know best what happened so make sure that they do too. Second, help your attorney gather all relevant forms including medical, employment, and property documents. Third, and finally, one of the best ways you can help your case is by keeping silent and letting your representatives do the talking. You don’t want to inadvertently weaken your case through an accidental disclosure so let your attorney speak on your behalf.
Want To Know How Our Team Can Help You?
If you’ve never been in a significant accident, bicycle or otherwise, then you’ve probably never had any encounter with the legal system. We have because we’ve represented personal injury victims for a long time. Our experiences can help ensure you don’t lose out on the chance to recover after a bike incident. Just call us today to find out what you need to do to recover under Illinois law.
For additional information see the following pages:
- Can I Have An Expert Testify For How My Bicycle Accident Occurred?
- Can I Only Be Compensated For My Medical Bills If I File A Bicycle Accident Lawsuit In Illiniois?
- Can I Still Recover Compensation For My Injuries If I Was Injured In A Hit-And-Run Bicycle Accident?
- Can More Than One Driver Be Liable In An Illinois Bicycle Accident Claim Or Lawsuit?
- Do I Need To Discuss The Bicycle Accident Details With The Insurance Company If They Contact Me?
- Does Illinois Have Laws Specifically For Bicyclists?
- How Long Do I Have To File A Lawsuit After My Bicycle Accident In Illinois?
- If I Am Injured In A Chicago Bicycle Accident Due To The Fault Of A Motorist, Are They Responsible For Paying My Medical Expenses?
- Is It Possible For Me To Be Found At Fault In My Bicycle Accident And Still Recover Compensation For My Injuries?
- Is The Repair Shop Responsible For My Injuries If A Faulty Repair Caused My Bicycle Accident?
- What Can I Do If My Child Was Injured Or Killed On His Or Her Bike?
- What Should I Do If I See A Bicyclist Get Hit By A Driver But I Was Unable To Stop?
- What Should I Do If I Was Injured In An Illinois Bike Accident And The Insurance Company Wants Me To Sign A Medical Authorizatio?
- What Should I Take Pictures Of If I Am In A Bicycle Injury Accident?
- Who Is Responsible If The Driver That Hit Me On My Bike Was Working At The Time?