Roadway accidents involving cars, trucks other types of vehicles are one of the most deadly types of accidents compared with virtually any other activity. Not only do they account for over 30,000 deaths each year, in 2009, 2.3 million others were seriously injured in car accidents. These injuries can leave the victims with substantial medical bills, permanent disabilities and a wide range of medical issues.
The auto accident attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers are well aware of the injuries related to Chicago car accidents. If you or a loved one sustained an injury of any magnitude in an Illinois crash, contact our office to discuss your case with an attorney who has worked on cases like yours. There is never a fee charged unless there is a recovery for youTypes Of Injuries From Chicago Car Crashes
Almost any injury imaginable can happen when a person is involved in an auto accident. The shear size, weight and speeds involved can wreak havoc on the human body, breaking bones, damaging vital organs and even crush the victim. Even when nothing is broken or even lacerated, impacts can affect the spine and muscles, causing years of pain and suffering. Common injuries that occur from car accidents are:
- Fractures. Broken bones or fractures are common in car accident injuries. Arms, hands and wrists are easily broken as the person tries to protect himself, while clavicle, rib and sternum fractures are common from impact.
- Traumatic brain injuries. Half of all traumatic brain injuries are sustained in auto accidents. These injuries can have long-term and even permanent damage.
- Spinal cord injuries. Auto and motorcycle accidents are the most common cause of spinal cord injuries. These can cause paralysis, both complete and incomplete, below the area of the injury.
- Back and neck injuries. Strained muscles, compression fractures, and vertebrae injuries (disc herniations) are common in motor vehicle accidents, causing many types of back and neck problems.
- Whiplash. Rear end collisions are the most common cause of whiplash. Persons suffering from whiplash can have pain and discomfort for years after the injury. (Read about back and neck injuries here)
The Center for Disease Control estimates that $99 billion was spent just in medical costs and loss of productivity costs in 2010 due to motor vehicle accidents. The long-term costs to the victims cannot always be weighed in dollars and cents. Many car accident survivors have permanent damage that can affect their quality of life and cause them anguish for the rest of their life.
Beyond medical costs, victims of motor vehicle accidents can receive compensation for: their lost wages, rehabilitation, surgery, medical devices and even pain and suffering. Anyone who has been injured in an accident, regardless of who was at fault, should retain an attorney to make sure they get the compensation that they are entitled to. Most injuries are covered through auto insurance policies and having an experienced car accident injury attorney can make a large difference in the amount of settlement they receive.Attorneys Experienced With Serious Illinois Auto Accident Cases
All auto accident cases are not alike. While there are many law firms that handle high-volume car wreck cases, our law office concentrates in providing representation to a smaller number of clients who have more significant injuries. this enables us to provide more attention to each case and take the time to fully appreciate the medicine involved in each case. Frequently, this translates into higher settlements for our clients when insurance companies see that we are truly prepared to go the distance with our vehicular accident cases.
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers have an expert team of legal and medical experts to help you get the most financial compensation possible for your Chicago motor vehicle accident injury. Our team has the experience and tools available to negotiate with the insurance company and is willing to go to trial if necessary to obtain the best results for our clients. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, contact us for a free consultation to discuss your case. We never charge a fee for car accident injury cases unless we obtain a financial recovery for our client.