Attorneys Concentrating in Representing People Injured In Car Accidents
Roadway accidents involving cars, trucks other types of vehicles are some of the most deadly types of accidents compared with virtually any other activity. Not only do they account for over 30,000 deaths each year, but in 2009, 2.3 million others were seriously injured in car accidents. These injuries can leave the victims with substantial medical bills, permanent disabilities and a wide range of medical issues.
The auto accident attorneys at Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC are well aware of the injuries related to Chicago car accidents. If you or a loved one sustained an injury of any magnitude in an Illinois crash, contact our law office to discuss your case with an attorney who has worked on cases like yours. There is never a fee charged unless there is a recovery for you.
Types Of Injuries From Chicago Car Crashes
Almost any injury imaginable can happen when a person is involved in an auto accident. The sheer size, weight, and speeds involved can wreak havoc on the human body, breaking bones, damaging vital organs and crush the victim. Even when nothing is broken or lacerated, a hard impact can affect the spine and muscles, causing years of pain and suffering. Common injuries that occur from car accidents are:
- Fractures. Broken bones or fractures are common in car accident injuries. Arms, hands, and wrists are easily broken as the person tries to protect themselves, while clavicle, rib, and sternum fractures are common injuries of an impact.
- Traumatic brain injuries. Half of all traumatic brain injuries are sustained in auto accidents that can have long-term or permanent damage.
- Spinal cord injuries. Auto and motorcycle accidents are the most common cause of spinal cord injuries. These can cause paralysis, both complete and incomplete, below the area of the injury.
- Back and neck injuries. Strained muscles, compression fractures, and vertebrae injuries (disc herniations) are common in motor vehicle accidents, causing many types of back and neck problems.
- Whiplash. Rear end collisions are the most common cause of whiplash. Persons suffering from whiplash can have pain and discomfort for years after the injury. (Read about back and neck injuries here)
Medical Costs for Auto Accident Injuries
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that $99 billion was spent just in medical costs and loss of productivity costs in 2010 due to motor vehicle accidents. The long-term costs to the victims cannot always be weighed in dollars and cents. Many car accident survivors are left with permanent damage that can affect the quality of their lives and cause them anguish throughout their remaining years.
Beyond medical costs, victims of motor vehicle accidents can receive compensation to cover their damages including lost wages, rehabilitation, surgery, medical devices, pain, and suffering. Anyone who has been injured in an accident, regardless of who was at fault, should retain an attorney to make sure they are paid the compensation that they are entitled to receive. Most injuries are covered through auto insurance policies. However, having an experienced car accident injury attorney can make a huge difference in the amount of settlement the victims receive.
Attorneys Experienced With Serious Illinois Auto Accident Cases
No two auto accident cases are alike. While there are many attorneys who handle high-volume car wreck cases, our law office concentrates on providing representation to a smaller number of clients who have more significant injuries. This enables us to provide more attention to each case and take the time to fully appreciate the level of injury and property loss endured by our clients. Frequently, this translates into higher settlements for the victims when insurance companies see that we are truly prepared to go the distance with our vehicular accident cases.
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC have an expert team of legal and medical experts to help you receive the most financial compensation possible for your Chicago motor vehicle accident injury. Our team has the experience, skills, resources, and tools readily available to negotiate with the insurance company. We stand willing and ready to present our cases in front of a jury at trial if necessary to obtain the best financial results for our clients. If you, or a loved one, have been injured in a car accident, contact us for a free consultation to discuss your case. We will not charge you a fee to handle your car accident injury cases unless we obtain a financial recovery for you.