Hunting Stand Defect Injury Lawyers
It is never acceptable for equipment meant to protect you to be the source of injury, which is why the Illinois product liability attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC aggressively pursue damages on behalf of those who are harmed by defective or poorly made products. Hunting stands are supposed to give hunters a tactical advantage and improve their hunting experience, but they have become more dangerous than the risk of accidental gunshot wounds in recent history. Falls from hunting stands or injuries caused by protective harnesses can result in the need for costly medical care and some victims’ lives are changed forever due to their accidents.
If you or a family member was injured in an accident involving an elevated hunting stand, contact our office for a free review of your case with attorneys who have experience prosecuting these cases.
Injuries Caused by Defective Hunting Stands
The stands used by deer hunters keep them out of sight by elevating them above their prey. Falls from the heights provided by these stands can result in very serious injuries and our Illinois hunting stand injury lawyers have noted that these injuries can even be more serious and frequent than accidental gunshot wounds. Some of the injuries that can result from the use of defective hunting gear include the following.
- Fractures and shattered bones. Compound fractures can be more difficult to treat properly and require surgical procedures to align the bones so that they can heal.
- Internal bleeding and damage. A fall from a significant height can result in internal injuries that are not always immediately apparent. Broken ribs, a collapsed lung or damage to internal organs are only some examples.
- Injuries resulting from constriction or restraint. There are instances in which harnesses or belts overtighten when a person falls, resulting in painful injuries.
- Traumatic brain injuries following a blow to the head during a fall. As more is becoming known about TBIs, it is more important than ever to have yourself tested if you have suffered trauma to the head. Symptoms of these injuries do not always manifest themselves right away and the long term impact can include extensive neurological disorders or the loss of cognitive function.
- Injuries to the neck or back, which can result in partial, temporary or permanent paralysis from the location of the injury downward. Receiving the news that you will never walk again can cause emotional distress and the cost of caring for someone who has been paralyzed is well into millions of dollars over a lifetime.
- Wrongful death. If a product defect resulted in the death of your loved one, you may recover damages for the loss of any financial contributions he or she was making to your family as well as for the emotional suffering your family must endure.
Product Liability and Your Rights Following a Hunting Stand Injury
The law provides protections to consumers in that negligence does not need to be proven in product liability cases. To simplify it— if a defective or poorly made product injures a customer when used as intended, the manufacturer is responsible. If you were injured because the tree stand you were using did not perform its intended function, you can bring a lawsuit against the manufacturer to recover the cost of your medical bills, incidental costs and the value of your lost wages and pain and suffering.
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers LLC specializes in personal injury and product liability matters and has been able to recover compensation for thousands of clients throughout the state. If you have been injured, we can help you maximize the value of your recovery so that you do not need to endure financial hardship in addition to what you are already going through.
Contact us today to arrange a case review with one of our qualified Illinois product liability attorneys today to review your legal options and learn more about your rights. In order to offer our services to anyone who requires them, regardless of their financial standings, we offer them on a contingency basis. This means that if we are unable to secure the damages you are entitled to on your behalf, our services will be free.